12Next >
5006 66 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

I've only had my Mini 2 for about 3 days but I'm starting to see a bit of a pattern that concerns me. I'm getting some noise or grain in my 4k footage under at least a couple of situations but not always and I don't have this behavior on my Air 2. It occurs when I'm running in the birds-eye view and also when I move the gimbal up or down (possibly a bit too quick but nothing extreme).  I'd like to see if this is just due to the smaller sensor or ???  
I've linked to an example. The last 10 seconds really show off what I'm referring to. I see the same behavior on my computer (but I haven't loaded it up on my TV to check it). Any thoughts?

2020-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've watched that through twice at full screen, and I'd be hard pushed to find fault with it?  Maybe it's my old eyes
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there InsaneDiego. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read that you are having an issue with the video recorded on your DJI Mini 2. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks good enough to me
2020-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm noticing what you are calling 'noise'.
It is most present in the 4K render.
It looks to me like compression artifacts as it only occurs in areas with lots of details.

This is a unedited file right?
Maybe youtube messes with it, (it does, but I'm not sure if that is causing it)
I don't own a MM2, so can't check myself, but can you change anything tot the video quality?
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 01:38
I'm noticing what you are calling 'noise'.
It is most present in the 4K render.
It looks to me like compression artifacts as it only occurs in areas with lots of details.

Yes, compression artifacts is probably accurate. It is an unedited file and it's not YouTube that's doing it, it's present on the computer as well. I have seen it show these artifacts in the birds-eye, moving the gimbal up, and also in the dark details of bushes or trees. I would think at 100mbps recording these wouldn't be present but they are.  I'll need to see if it's repeatable in some form to know how to handle it. Again, I've never seen a hint of that using the Air 2.
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 23:21
I've watched that through twice at full screen, and I'd be hard pushed to find fault with it?  Maybe it's my old eyes

It's possible that it's the viewing device. I'm on my 15" HD notebook right now and in 4k mode it is hard to see the artifacts. I normally work on my 32" 4k monitor. Maybe in this case, size matters.
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 11-15 01:01
Looks good enough to me

What size and resolution is your viewing device? I just checked it out on my 55" 4k TV and the dead grass sort of flickers.  On my HD 15" notebook in 4k mode and my iPad in HD mode, ya, it looks basically fine and I would never notice anything if I wasn't explicitly looking for it. Thanks.
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 00:42
Hello there InsaneDiego. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read that you are having an issue with the video recorded on your DJI Mini 2. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-15 04:49
It's possible that it's the viewing device. I'm on my 15" HD notebook right now and in 4k mode it is hard to see the artifacts. I normally work on my 32" 4k monitor. Maybe in this case, size matters.

Maybe too much of a good thing   I'm viewing on a 24 inch HD monitor.
2020-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-15 04:46
Yes, compression artifacts is probably accurate. It is an unedited file and it's not YouTube that's doing it, it's present on the computer as well. I have seen it show these artifacts in the birds-eye, moving the gimbal up, and also in the dark details of bushes or trees. I would think at 100mbps recording these wouldn't be present but they are.  I'll need to see if it's repeatable in some form to know how to handle it. Again, I've never seen a hint of that using the Air 2.

There are several factors in play here, but you ruled out the most.
(youtube compression, editing software, bitrate) so there is not much left than the device we watch on or something inside of the MM2.
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Due to the comments, I've gone back and looked at the originals on my 20" (22?) HD monitor. You do have to be pretty picky to see what I'm referring to. I also hopped around to the various clips I've shot and I had a hard time finding the problematic footage I had seen in the previous days. The fact that I'm viewing on a 32" 4k monitor in full screen with my face 20" from the screen certainly seems to be playing a part. To be fair though, the Air 2 doesn't have any of this. For now, I'll attribute it to the smaller sensor in some isolated situations and see if I can run some tests to narrow down the scenario(s). Thanks for the help. I just needed to understand if this was something that is showing up as common on the Mini 2 or not.
2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-15 04:59
What size and resolution is your viewing device? I just checked it out on my 55" 4k TV and the dead grass sort of flickers.  On my HD 15" notebook in 4k mode and my iPad in HD mode, ya, it looks basically fine and I would never notice anything if I wasn't explicitly looking for it. Thanks.

It's probably YT compression
2020-11-15
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

That is exceptional quality for a $500 camera drone.  I am impressed actually.
2020-11-15
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Maybe it's just my monitor, but the picture is crystal clear at the beginning when the drone is static and goes blurrier when it starts moving. When I pause it, the picture is sharper again, so it looks to me like the shutter speed was too fast, which would be cured with an ND filter. My two cents.
2020-11-15
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 11-15 18:49
Maybe it's just my monitor, but the picture is crystal clear at the beginning when the drone is static and goes blurrier when it starts moving. When I pause it, the picture is sharper again, so it looks to me like the shutter speed was too fast, which would be cured with an ND filter. My two cents.

Thanks, Chicken. I use ND filters on my Air 2. I'll have a look around and see what is available for the Mini 2.
2020-11-15
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

You're welcome. That should fix it, IMO.
2020-11-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

on my mini 2 same problem
same problem to watch it on my 4k lg 32 or 4k laptop, please moment only for 4k resolution problem maximize on quick change scene, minisd sdhc v90 memory
2020-11-16
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Andytom69 Posted at 11-16 09:33
on my mini 2 same problem
https://youtu.be/AE6mnN53wiE
same problem  for watch this  on my  4k lg 32 or   laptop 4k , please just moment for 4k resololutionthe problem maximize on rapid change scene , memory minisd sdhc v90

Yes, that is similar to what I see on a bigger screen. I'm not sure if there is much to do about it. I did a quick test in the bright sun today and lowered my shutter speed to 1/200. It was as low as I could go before everything was completely blown out. It did help a bit so the ND filter may be a solution.
2020-11-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-16 12:46
Yes, that is similar to what I see on a bigger screen. I'm not sure if there is much to do about it. I did a quick test in the bright sun today and lowered my shutter speed to 1/200. It was as low as I could go before everything was completely blown out. It did help a bit so the ND filter may be a solution.

I try to buy  nd16 filter made frewell ..
2020-11-16
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The mini has no settings for adjusting the sharpness and as such everything is really sharp. When you see fine detail such as the straw or lines in things like roof tiles you sometimes see some issues with the footage. It is also worth noting I can tell you aren't using an ND filter. ND filters are good for lowering the shutter speed and allows the footage to have a more natural movement blur. I recommend getting some ND filters if you want smoother movement footage.
2020-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks OK to me too.
2020-11-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sul mio mini 2 stesso problema
stesso problema per guardarlo sul mio 4k lg 32 o laptop 4k, per favore attimo solo per la risoluzione 4kil problema massimizza su scena a cambio rapido, memoria minisd sdhc v90

Very nicely done
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 11-16 15:19
The mini has no settings for adjusting the sharpness and as such everything is really sharp. When you see fine detail such as the straw or lines in things like roof tiles you sometimes see some issues with the footage. It is also worth noting I can tell you aren't using an ND filter. ND filters are good for lowering the shutter speed and allows the footage to have a more natural movement blur. I recommend getting some ND filters if you want smoother movement footage.

Definitely!
2020-11-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

sul mio mini 2 stesso problema
stesso problema per guardarlo sul mio 4k lg 32 o laptop 4k, per favore attimo solo per la risoluzione 4kil problema massimizza su scena a cambio rapido, memoria minisd sdhc v90

If you can read this, your videos have the same problem as OP's. The shutter speed needs to be slowed down with a neutral density filter.
2020-11-17
Use props
Andytom698
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112516 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Tks prairie ..tomorrow try and play whit nd 16 ..
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi InsaneDiego. I am sorry to keep you waiting, we are able to receive a response from our relative team and for us to be able to review the video properly and test it on our end, please provide us a copy of the original file not using youtube. Kindly upload the file on google drive or dropbox then send us the link, thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 02:05
Hi InsaneDiego. I am sorry to keep you waiting, we are able to receive a response from our relative team and for us to be able to review the video properly and test it on our end, please provide us a copy of the original file not using youtube. Kindly upload the file on google drive or dropbox then send us the link, thank you.

I sent you a PM with the link. Thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-19 05:16
I sent you a PM with the link. Thank you.

Hi InsaneDiego, thank you for your reply and information. This is noted and forwarded to our Designated team, once I receive a reply, I will also give you a notification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_pteQqSoYNH4x
New
Germany

I am having the same issue and have footage where the problem is extremely obvious (see Youtube link below). You can see that it is actually a moire effect probably due to oversharpening. Please DJI allow us to adjust the sharpening and/or to disable it. I prefer to sharpen manually.

- The issue is in the original uncompressed material too and not due to Youtube.

- The issue occurs with any device (PC screen, phone, tablet, TV).

youtube.com/watch?v=MdjuTnh5Z5I
2020-11-20
Use props
DJIFRNM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10614 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same issue with my DJI Mini 2 footage. I thought this is the phone issue because when I'm using my iphone XR to record a video (without connected to RC or the drone) it also looks grainy and noisy. What phone you are using currently to record that footage?
2020-11-23
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I have this problem .. I try with the filter nd ... if I don't solve it .. this is a serious problem .. and this does not depend on the screen.
2020-11-24
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DJIFRNM Posted at 11-23 18:28
I have the same issue with my DJI Mini 2 footage. I thought this is the phone issue because when I'm using my iphone XR to record a video (without connected to RC or the drone) it also looks grainy and noisy. What phone you are using currently to record that footage?

I'm using an SD card to record. A nice high-speed V30 card. The same one I use in my Air 2.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJIFRNM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10614 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-24 07:30
I'm using an SD card to record. A nice high-speed V30 card. The same one I use in my Air 2.

Same as mine. I hope they can fix this in the new firmware update.
2020-11-24
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

Andytom69 Posted at 11-24 03:20
I have this problem .. I try with the filter nd ... if I don't solve it .. this is a serious problem .. and this does not depend on the screen.

I got a set of ND filters. It didn't make a bit of difference. I think sharpness plays a part when you are rotating the craft and you have very fine detail, almost moire conditions. The bigger problem is the raising and lowering of the gimbal. It's like it adds digital noise and I don't see that in the Air 2. The condition only occurs when you move the gimbal up or down too quickly. You get that grainy haze over the image (that again, is really only obvious when you are looking in 4k and up close). The solution is to be slower on the movement of the gimbal. It has no issues if you hit the speed right. To help to that end, I've gone into the Gimbal settings and adjusted it so you can't move it quite as fast. I think the Cine is set for 10 degrees and Normal is 20. I did notice that my Air 2 had Normal set to 15! So I may lower the Normal even more if I see that I can't control the speed.

It's definitely not a deal-breaker on this model. It is, after all, 1/2 the cost of the Air 2. Since there is a pretty easy workaround, and again, only someone nitpicky like me would notice under the right conditions, this is a small compromise probably due to the smaller sensor and electronics on the craft.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

InsaneDiego Posted at 11-24 07:38
I got a set of ND filters. It didn't make a bit of difference. I think sharpness plays a part when you are rotating the craft and you have very fine detail, almost moire conditions. The bigger problem is the raising and lowering of the gimbal. It's like it adds digital noise and I don't see that in the Air 2. The condition only occurs when you move the gimbal up or down too quickly. You get that grainy haze over the image (that again, is really only obvious when you are looking in 4k and up close). The solution is to be slower on the movement of the gimbal. It has no issues if you hit the speed right. To help to that end, I've gone into the Gimbal settings and adjusted it so you can't move it quite as fast. I think the Cine is set for 10 degrees and Normal is 20. I did notice that my Air 2 had Normal set to 15! So I may lower the Normal even more if I see that I can't control the speed.

It's definitely not a deal-breaker on this model. It is, after all, 1/2 the cost of the Air 2. Since there is a pretty easy workaround, and again, only someone nitpicky like me would notice under the right conditions, this is a small compromise probably due to the smaller sensor and electronics on the craft.

Hello there InsaneDiego, sorry to keep you waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that what we can do is to set ISO to Auto and select Anti-Flicker to the corresponding frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz). In Shutter Priority mode or Manual mode, manually adjust the shutter. Select 1/100S, 1/50S, or 1/25S for a 50 Hz light source. Select 1/120S, 1/60S, or 1/30S for a 60 Hz light source. If a concern occurs in a brighter or lighter environment when using Auto mode, the shutter will make automatic adjustments based on environmental lighting. Thank you for understanding and support.
2020-11-24
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 09:38
Hello there InsaneDiego, sorry to keep you waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that what we can do is to set ISO to Auto and select Anti-Flicker to the corresponding frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz). In Shutter Priority mode or Manual mode, manually adjust the shutter. Select 1/100S, 1/50S, or 1/25S for a 50 Hz light source. Select 1/120S, 1/60S, or 1/30S for a 60 Hz light source. If a concern occurs in a brighter or lighter environment when using Auto mode, the shutter will make automatic adjustments based on environmental lighting. Thank you for understanding and support.

Thank you Gamora. I'll check those settings and give it a try.
2020-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_pteQqSoYNH4x Posted at 11-20 12:13
I am having the same issue and have footage where the problem is extremely obvious (see Youtube link below). You can see that it is actually a moire effect probably due to oversharpening. Please DJI allow us to adjust the sharpening and/or to disable it. I prefer to sharpen manually.

- The issue is in the original uncompressed material too and not due to Youtube.

'- The issue is in the original uncompressed material too and not due to Youtube.'

At no stage in the process are you seeing uncompressed material, it is always compressed to some degree or other.
2020-11-24
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

hello, I still filmed in 4k 30 fps, I made all the attempts and even with a filter nd 16, I am not satisfied with my  sensor, I work at ISO 100 but I see a lot of noise and excessive graininess the videos do not suit me absolutely , I have tried the sensor values suggested above but without satisfactory results. the problems of my sensor as well as not being clear, from an annoying disturbance on the rapid change of scenes .. I did some tests with some nervous movements wanted and it is very annoying. I would like to understand if it is everyone's problem or just my sensor and someone else here among us  , this is sample raw
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... axcJXwE?usp=sharing
please i ask support of dji

2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_RbvvWhcwWQNt
New

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 09:38
Hello there InsaneDiego, sorry to keep you waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that what we can do is to set ISO to Auto and select Anti-Flicker to the corresponding frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz). In Shutter Priority mode or Manual mode, manually adjust the shutter. Select 1/100S, 1/50S, or 1/25S for a 50 Hz light source. Select 1/120S, 1/60S, or 1/30S for a 60 Hz light source. If a concern occurs in a brighter or lighter environment when using Auto mode, the shutter will make automatic adjustments based on environmental lighting. Thank you for understanding and support.

The response from the team makes absolutely no sense since 50 Hz and 60 Hz are the frequencies of artificial light. In sun light this does not apply at all. Anti flicker will slightly blur the resolution and do nothing else. The problem is also not ISO related since the issue occurs under perfect light conditions.
2020-12-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules