Mini2 disconnected, any instance?
3942 10 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beauty Loser
lvl.1

Russia

I know Mini 2 now works with Ocusync 2.0 and not via a Wifi connection unlike the Mavic Mini. But has anyone encountered Mini 2 disconnections mid-flight? What happened then? I'm kinda afraid to fly it outside of sight range because of this. Haha

2020-11-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Any drone, DJI or not can suffer disconnection, it has little to do with the device, and most to do with your location and environment. And if it disconnects, then that is what the Return to Home function is there for.
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Beauty Loser. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if what are the prompts or warning on the DJI Fly App? In addition, were the calibrations(IMU and Compass) performed? Please be advised that in order to maintain a stable connection, I would recommend for you to kindly follow the optimal transmission zone of the remote during the flight. You may kindly refer to the photo below: Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I generally after I get a new drone and after a small test flight send drone to around 150 meters after making sure homepoint is recorded and turn off the RC and check if the drone does a RTH, this way I know when I am at a distance my drone will return home.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_reiD0NNyNlYD
New
Flight distance : 15499 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-15 00:07
Hello there Beauty Loser. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if what are the prompts or warning on the DJI Fly App? In addition, were the calibrations(IMU and Compass) performed? Please be advised that in order to maintain a stable connection, I would recommend for you to kindly follow the optimal transmission zone of the remote during the flight. You may kindly refer to the photo below: Thank you. [view_image]

Hey there.
My disconnection here happened just yesterday. Right after takeoff,
Mini2 was 8ft high and 10 ft away from me in in the open area. And it just suddenly start going left. I looked at the remote and had RC disconnected message.
Where I need to send the logs and from which folder in *DJI fly* so this will be investigated?
My device is new and has no damages - which I would like to keep this way.

Thanks
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_reiD0NNyNlYD
New
Flight distance : 15499 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-15 00:07
Hello there Beauty Loser. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if what are the prompts or warning on the DJI Fly App? In addition, were the calibrations(IMU and Compass) performed? Please be advised that in order to maintain a stable connection, I would recommend for you to kindly follow the optimal transmission zone of the remote during the flight. You may kindly refer to the photo below: Thank you. [view_image]
maxipol2003_DJI_User
2021-4-21
Use props
fans4d2ce401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2530919 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happened to me today 10-02-2021. I was lucky to be hovering at 1foot when my Mini 2 disconnect and fell to the driveway. My screen displayed aircraft disconnected for about 5 seconds, then it reconnected and displayed takeoff permitted. I restart the motors and hovered for second, then landed and shutdown. I tugged on the battery before removing it to see if it was secure and it was. I'm curious as to what happened. I'm also very concerned for future flights.
2021-10-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans4d2ce401 Posted at 10-2 18:48
It happened to me today 10-02-2021. I was lucky to be hovering at 1foot when my Mini 2 disconnect and fell to the driveway. My screen displayed aircraft disconnected for about 5 seconds, then it reconnected and displayed takeoff permitted. I restart the motors and hovered for second, then landed and shutdown. I tugged on the battery before removing it to see if it was secure and it was. I'm curious as to what happened. I'm also very concerned for future flights.

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue. (+ start a new thread)
Use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here  or just put a cloud link to your log on here.

Loosing connection happens sometimes, but did it fell to the ground while disconnected?
Log will tell more...

cheers
JJB
2021-10-3
Use props
jman203
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-3 11:53
Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue. (+ start a new thread)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/75BC4YJY2G423O3PODSG
2021-10-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi jman,

Had a look at your flightlog.
Last records shows a VPS height of 0.5 meter, last record a fully down stick input (96%)

Flying at 0.5 meter AND apply full stick down = initiate a forcelanding.

Uh, what happend, i think your drone entered a forcelanding and at the same time you lost connection.
You can check yourself the height where a forcelanding can be initiated.
Fly your drone 100 ft, in Sport mode (well any mode will do) and apply 100% stick down.
Watch it come down fast, when in VPS range you will notice that the speed will reduce, reduce to zero while
still having the stick 100% down.
After short moment hovering at lowg height (approx 0.5 meter) it will automatically enter a landing, forcelanding as you have the stick still 100% down!

No errors in the log,
Happy many safe landings,

cheers
JJB
2021-10-30
Use props
jman203
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-30 00:55