Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Next firmware update - wishlist
896 8 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kabook83
lvl.3

Poland

Hello all,
I know that these topics have been already mentioned in sub-threads, but I think it is worthwile to gather all of them in one thread, just for the sake of the moderator being able to tell us whether adding some/any of the functions is completely impossible or doable. I also encourage other users to add ther opinion/additonal requests.

Now, in the beginning, DJI, please do not interpret this as negative feedback. We, the users, also want to make your products better so that you will be able to be better and sell more. The more products you sell, the better for your company. If a majority of users feels that something is lacking, you should at least explain if adding it is possible or not (hardware limitation, software, whatever).

From what I'm gathering Enterprise series operators are mostly interested in:

1) Intelligent Flight Modes -> I understand that you may view this as something which is necessary only for consumer drones to make better movies. In reality, functions like orbiting, POI and Tracking are quite useful in versatile operations performed by M2E.
2) Radiometric JPEGS -> The whole idea of taking thermal pictures for further inspection is hampered by lack of this function. You realize that you advertise on your own website that M2ED has a radiometric thermal camera ? It is one of the main reasons I bought it. If I had read more before, I probably would have thought twice. Also, a nice touch would be if thermal pictures could be taken in higher resolution. I do realize that the resolution of the camera is 120x80 px, but in MSX mode it could be at least interpolated into more than 640x480. 1280 px (I mean MSX mode) would be really, really nice.
3) Camera only in auto mode -> Yes, I did not buy it for making nice pictures and movies. But it feels stupid that even Mavic Mini has white balance and manual camera settings whereas this beast does not.
4) I know that 4K 60 fps is impossible as this was already impossible in Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom. But why do you limit higher framerates in lower resolutions ? If the hardware is the same, than it should be possible just by simple programme or firmware update
5) This is mine own: it would be really nice if the beacon was able to act like a strobe (I mean blink, not only light continuosly). What's even better, send Morse signals.

I know this list is not complete by any means, so feel free to add. Also, I would really kindly like to ask the moderator of this forum to pass on this information into the relevant company department and get back to us with an answer about the possibility of adding these features.

Thank you very much in advance,
Piotr

2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 suggestion
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kabook83. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-11-15
Use props
kabook83
lvl.3

Poland

Thank you DJI Stephen. Can we count on getting back to us and telling whether these suggestions are significant enough to be evaluated ? A simple "can be done, will be done/can't be done/yes, but wait for Mavic 3 Enterprise" will be enough.

Also, I forgot about two things,

1) "Adjustable Parameters For Emissivity & Reflective Surfaces" - this is from your website, but in the UI there is no way to find it or change it, at least in the Android app.
2) APAS for M2E Dual - can it be implemented as the Dual and Zoom are basically the same, just with different cameras?

Thank you again.
2020-11-15
Use props
kabook83
lvl.3

Poland

One more... Is there any way to adjust the sensivity of the joysticks in the controller ?
If there isn't, there should be.
BTW people are starting to get really angry about the lack of certain features.
2020-12-3
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

kabook83 Posted at 12-3 05:51
One more... Is there any way to adjust the sensivity of the joysticks in the controller ?
If there isn't, there should be.
BTW people are starting to get really angry about the lack of certain features.

ANGRY?  More than a year of inactivity and response is beyond just angry.  Many of us made the investment based on specifications that were NOT at all what was delivered, or delivered since purchase.  This was sold as being available AT PURCHASE, and it was not.  This is and was false advertising..

A response from someone in Product Management is needed here -- rather than the stock DJI answer we have, and continue to see, to nearly all of these types of inquiries.  After a year, you owe us this, especially if you expect us to hang around waiting for what was originally promised in the product..

Unlike purchasing a Tesla expecting to see features in the future, we purchased based on what was supposedly available on the date of purchase.

2020-12-4
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Two words: Global Shutter
2020-12-4
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also It would be nice to use the M2ED pilot app program WITHOUT needing to login in to DJI servers!!!...........If my M2ED sits unused powered down in the case along with a dedicated S8 phone that is loaded with the DJI pilot app for a month or so (maybe 2 or 3), the DJI Pilot app ALWAYS (for years now, probably 12 times now over the years ) requires a internet connection and requires me to login into my DJI account before I can use the app!!....WHY is this required?  

The S8 is ONLY used for the Pilot app and to run the M2ED. When in use with the M2ED, the S8 is NEVER allowed to connect (wifi or mobile). Why is the pilot app set and time out to need me to login into my account with some DJI server work?

This is insane, I don't always have the internet (esp with a enterprise unit) and therefor will have no app to run the M2ED with if it sits and i need to use it.....WTF? Why does DJI need to know I'm flying my M2ED with their app? Seems a little odd doesn't it? And why just after a few months of sitting? It won't do it during regualr use, but AGAIN, if it sits for a few months, I need the interent again.....This is simply a control and data collection move and I'll call BS again if it's stated to be for security reasons.......My other DJI drones don't do this, not once and I use the smae methodology with all of them.     

LOSE the server/account login in the pilot app DJI!!!

2020-12-5
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

NotSoSmartPA Posted at 12-4 10:43
ANGRY?  More than a year of inactivity and response is beyond just angry.  Many of us made the investment based on specifications that were NOT at all what was delivered, or delivered since purchase.  This was sold as being available AT PURCHASE, and it was not.  This is and was false advertising..

A response from someone in Product Management is needed here -- rather than the stock DJI answer we have, and continue to see, to nearly all of these types of inquiries.  After a year, you owe us this, especially if you expect us to hang around waiting for what was originally promised in the product..

DJI Support. -- will there be any type of trade-in offered on an M2EA for existing M2ED users that never got what we expected and DJI indicated was available?  Have a barely used M2ED I'd glad trade if there is going to be such a program -- especially since the camera on  the M2EA apprently isn't interchangeable with the M2ED camera.

Also, what about the lack of weatherproofing with M2EA?  Seems that this newer, faster unit with a better camera is still lacking something is expected for the use cases in the M2EA marketing literature.  Not every day (or night) is sunny and bright in Public Service situations.
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules