Does Samsung A71 support ?
6217 17 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blessy
lvl.1

Oman

HI,

I have Samsung A71 mobile phone. Does any one try to use Samsung A71 with Pocket 2 for activation and also with app ?.

Thanks
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there blessy. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A71 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A71 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2020-11-15
Use props
busy
lvl.1

Oman

You are recommending, Every one should buy listed smart phone to work with pocket 2. I also have seen similar products but they have no issues. Only dji has this strange requirement
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_L58dKp3lRvbQ
New

United Kingdom

Is the Samsung A71 compatible with Mavic Air 2?
The Android version is 10.
I have downloaded the Fly app and installed it but yet to buy the drone.
2020-11-20
Use props
mrcurlywhirly
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_L58dKp3lRvbQ Posted at 11-20 07:15
Is the Samsung A71 compatible with Mavic Air 2?
The Android version is 10.
I have downloaded the Fly app and installed it but yet to buy the drone.

It should be OK, give it a try - you can confirm it!  I was considering either an A71 or a Samsung Z Flip, however neither are officially listed in the DJI compatibility list.  I have seen the A71 noted on other drone sites as OK with the Fly App for the Mavic Mini, the Z Flip doesn't get a mention, even though it is a higher spec mobile phone than the A71.  

Such as here: https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/

2020-11-27
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Sweden

It are Pocket 2 and Mimo app working on Android tablets (Samsung (Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 - android 10, for example)? I could not see any specification about using the DJI cams with tablets.  I have seen some cases/videos when Osmo Pocket/Mimo app were used with an tablet.
Could eventual DJI precise something about this aspect? Or maybe (even better) adapt the Mimo app compatibility to a wider area of mobile products?
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_gMjiP22LZouu
New

Guatemala

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-15 19:32
Hello there blessy. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A71 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A71 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Es muy malo que no funcione en todos los dispositivos, tengo el A71 y no logró funcionar allí, deben ampliar los dispositivos no pueden exigir que siempre se tengan ciertos modelos de teléfonos.
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_gMjiP22LZouu Posted at 4-7 17:16
Es muy malo que no funcione en todos los dispositivos, tengo el A71 y no logró funcionar allí, deben ampliar los dispositivos no pueden exigir que siempre se tengan ciertos modelos de teléfonos.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention. In addition DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2021-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

This is a frustrating issue, as seen on multiple threads before this one, too. And I personally think DJI has not really handled this situation the way it should have been. The list should be directly on the Pocket 2's product page, not hidden only in Mimo app page.

As a small attempt to ease the situation, I have created threads to list Android devices, both tablets and phones, that are not mentioned on the official DJi list but which can still be used to activate and operate the Pocket 2 (to at least some extent).

To see the tablet list, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

To see similar list for phones, see the thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190

Please do note that you can also report your own test results on these threads.

Good luck in finding a compatible device!
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_Asb0M2rRMuzY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24977 ft
Brazil

Hello friend, I also have a Mavic Air 2, did you have any problems with the Dji Fly app installed on the Samsung A71?
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_Asb0M2rRMuzY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24977 ft
Brazil

Hello friend, I also have a Mavic Air 2, did you have any problems with the Dji Fly app installed on the Samsung A71?
2021-4-16
Use props
Mancosaurio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118622 ft
Guatemala

djiuser_Asb0M2rRMuzY Posted at 4-16 06:20
Hello friend, I also have a Mavic Air 2, did you have any problems with the Dji Fly app installed on the Samsung A71?

Hello everyone who asks if the mavic air 2 works well with the galaxi a70 / 71

I tell you that it works very well, I have tried both models and it has not generated any problem
2021-4-27
Use props
Betty Wood
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I have a Samsung A71 also and I'm looking for info about compatibility before buying a dji pocket 2, surely it's time dji updated their list of compatible devices.  They must be losing sales because of this.
2021-8-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Betty Wood Posted at 8-19 06:28
Hi, I have a Samsung A71 also and I'm looking for info about compatibility before buying a dji pocket 2, surely it's time dji updated their list of compatible devices.  They must be losing sales because of this.

I translated the earlier post of username djiuser_gMjiP22LZouu and according to that, it doesn't work.

As translated using Google Translate:
"It's very bad that it doesn't work on all devices, I have the A71 and it didn't manage to work there, they should expand the devices they can't demand that you always have certain models of phones."

Not sure though what type of connection(s) they tried to use or whether they had some issue that prevented it from working even though it would work otherwise.

It could be that troubleshooting could solve the issue, but I think it would be safer to look for another model that has proven to be compatible.
2021-8-19
Use props
Djalma Felipe
lvl.1

United States

Adquirir a pouco tempo dji  mini se fcc e meu aparelho a71 da sansung baixa o aplicativo no aparelho mais não funciona.
2021-12-13
Use props
Djalma Felipe
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_gMjiP22LZouu Posted at 4-7 17:16

Acontecendo o mesmo comigo , o aplicativo funciona no aparelho mais não funciona com o drone mini.
2021-12-13
Use props
Djalma Felipe
lvl.1

United States

Mancosaurio Posted at 4-27 10:30
Hello everyone who asks if the mavic air 2 works well with the galaxi a70 / 71

I tell you that it works very well, I have tried both models and it has not generated any problem

Como vc conseguiu conectar o celular ao drone com o aparelho a71
2021-12-21
Use props
explorer55
New

Italy

djiuser_Asb0M2rRMuzY Posted at 2021-4-16 06:20
Hello friend, I also have a Mavic Air 2, did you have any problems with the Dji Fly app installed on the Samsung A71?

Ciao mi chiamo Roberto....Anche io posseggo un A71 ma non riesco ad installare il software per il Dji Air 2 S....sapresti dirmi perchè e magari farmi capire passo passo come si fa???? grazie
2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules