Wireless mic not working
5845 11 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qnjZiixnoA6L
lvl.2

United States

After finally receiving my pocket 2, i opened it up and began the activation process.    Connected the device to my phone and the setup  and firmware update begins.  After  it says its  complete, I think I'm good to go.  I fully charge the wireless mic and the pocket.  I roll a few test videos after pairing the mic to the do it all handle. I have solid green lights on both. Screen shows mic is connected.  But theres no audio at all when i go back and review test footage. I tried listening on the app on my phone, also from the speaker on the pocket 2...no luck.  I plugged in a hardwired lav mic into the wireless mic, nothing.   The only time I have gotten audio aside from the internal mics,  is when i plugged mics directly into the do it all handle.   I don't know if there was a problem with the activation process or what, but the wireless just isn't working.  It truly sucks, because that was one of the things I looked forward to most.   Any ideas or similar issues out there?

2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well, you got me jumping up to test my wireless mic as I have not had a chance to do so since getting mine a week ago. You do have a problem with your copy as mine works as advertised.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_qnjZiixnoA6L
lvl.2

United States

Psoon Posted at 11-15 10:40
Well, you got me jumping up to test my wireless mic as I have not had a chance to do so since getting mine a week ago. You do have a problem with your copy as mine works as advertised.

Glad yours works the way its supposed to.   
2020-11-15
Use props
fansa72052af
lvl.1
United States

Having the exact same problem. Everything looks right. Mic is paired. I see the mic icon on my screen. But the icon doesn't show audio levels changing (which I've seen it do on YouTube). And my videos have no sound. Frustrating.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_6UciawYIPcOy
lvl.1
United States

fansa72052af Posted at 11-15 21:48
Having the exact same problem. Everything looks right. Mic is paired. I see the mic icon on my screen. But the icon doesn't show audio levels changing (which I've seen it do on YouTube). And my videos have no sound. Frustrating.

Sorry the same is happening with yours.    Well maybe at some point someone from DJI will see our posts and have an idea of whats wrong.   
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your brand new DJI Pocket 2. Please be advised that if there is no response from the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter we will be needing to send it back for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-20
Use props
fansa72052af
lvl.1
United States

Wanted to share an update here. I spoke with DJI support. They're sending me a replacement wireless mic unit.  Very much appreciated. Every other aspect of my Pocket 2 has been great.  I LOVE the little tripod.
2020-12-3
Use props
fansa4429071
New
United States

Just got my Pocket 2 and the wireless mic won't work. Neither will it work plugging a mic into the handle. Only the onboard Audie works. Any suggestions?
2020-12-31
Use props
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
United States

Not sure if this will help... My issue was with the low volume of the recorded sound from the external mic.

If Pocket 2 is connected to the MIMO app (either via the USB or wirelessley)
When the external mic is ON, you will notice a 3 dots button (Settings) on the lower left-hand corner. Tab that icon and scroll down and you should see a 'Volume Amplification Level'. This level defaulted to 10dB for mine, I increased it to the maximum (20db).

If Pocket 2 is NOT connected to the MIMO app
When the external mic is ON, tap on the PRO icon on the Pocket 2 screen, scroll to the next page and you should see the volume. Change this to 20dB.

Now my external mic records the voice much louder than before. I had tested this in a quiet environment (not outside). In summary, even when the external mic is set to 20dB, it is still slightly softer than the Internal mic. If you are close to the Pocket 2, you are better using the internal mic, but if you are further away, the external mic set at 20dB is still very good.

Hope this helps!
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_gLhPh79e2SAx
New
Flight distance : 56631 ft
Brazil

Did you suceed to fix this issue? I have exactly same issue.
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_qnjZiixnoA6L
lvl.2

United States

I was sent a replacement wireless  mic.    Pretty quickly too.  That must have been the issue.    Worked great.   
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_7hPus6X4ckSa
New

Saudi Arabia

I have same problem !!
2021-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules