Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MSDK on Mini 2
3901 21 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VIPzLpsVH2YY
lvl.2

France

Hi community,

Can anyone know if the Mini 2 will be compatible with the Mobile SDK in the next few month ??

Etienne
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_nELENS5f7j0x
New
Singapore

Need to know this ASAP
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_Lo40Yib61kg3
lvl.1

United States

Anyone have an answer to this?
2020-11-19
Use props
CopterTamer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 947910 ft
Germany

i am interested to ! pls add with next release !
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Lo40Yib61kg3
lvl.1

United States

CopterTamer Posted at 11-20 03:17
i am interested to ! pls add with next release !

Silence means not anytime soon.   It's another toy product.
2020-11-21
Use props
Miamicyclist
New

United States

According to DJI they wil not be releasing a SDK for the Mini 2...
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

Miamicyclist Posted at 11-22 15:14
According to DJI they wil not be releasing a SDK for the Mini 2...

Can you link a reference to where DJI said this please?
2020-11-23
Use props
Miamicyclist
New

United States

djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA Posted at 11-23 10:50
Can you link a reference to where DJI said this please?

Direct email from Luce Luo at DJI Developer Support...
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_Lo40Yib61kg3
lvl.1

United States

Miamicyclist Posted at 11-23 12:42
Direct email from Luce Luo at DJI Developer Support...

Good to know, thanks for sharing this.  
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I received a similar email. However I would argue that it sounds like there is no current plan to add the mini 2. I do believe they will add it in future. Remember it took 9 months to add the Mavic Mini 1 to the SDK!

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
Sorry, there is no plan to support the Mavic 2 Mini.
But you can pay attention to the SDK roadmap if any news in the future."
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_V6L0yt8u0Rta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Switzerland

I gave away my mini and bought the mini 2 just because of the SDK .. please DJI reconsider this, it doesn't replace any drones but is the perfect extra drone in any arsenal ..

Thanks!

J
2021-4-5
Use props
Vinicius63
New

United States

Can't believe this, wish I knew before I purchased the drone. Got it yesterday, now I'm considering a return, this really s***s DJI
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_aXZPhVRprzqG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4535338 ft
United Kingdom

My reply from support:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Good day. Hope you are doing well.

We strive to ensure every customer is satisfied with our business and we apologize for any way in which this case has inconvenienced you.

We would like to inform you that DJI Mini 2 does not support Mobile SDK. For more information, please visit this link: XYZ . We currently do not have any updates if this will be supported in the future but we will forward this feedback to our developers. And for now, I would suggest you please check our website from time to time as it will surely be posted once there will be an update about it. Hoping for your understanding in this matter.

If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

Rhodz

DJI Technical Support
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_KFzXRcIH3XCc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54065 ft
United States

It looks like there are at least FOUR threads about this on the forum and yet I don't see a response from someone at DJI - according to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9162&extra=page%3D1   -- the DJI support team said there are NO plans

On this thread it said there would be a release in Q2 as well:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4884&extra=page%3D1
All four threads:
DJI Mini 2 API support?
MSDK on Mini 2
SDK for mini 2
DJI Mini 2 SDK support

I agree with the dissatisfaction everyone has stated on this forum.  I didn't pay attention to the fine details when buying this as comparable products, including the predecessor mavic mini, all had API type support for third party applications, follow me, gps navigation etc.  So I was surprised that the product that replaced a predecessor with better video quality, battery life, and other capabilities lost a significant level of its value.  I would have not purchased it and should have returned it, now I have something I'm dissatisfied with and will not recommend to friends despite it's other great qualities.  
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_aXZPhVRprzqG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4535338 ft
United Kingdom

There is an open bug on Github for this as well. I can't seem to link to it but search for dji-sdk Mobile-SDK-Android bug 747

The comment from DJI on this is "Sorry that there is no exact SDK plan to support the Mavic Mini 2 for the being time."
2021-4-12
Use props
dermodmaster
lvl.1

Germany

Garrygb Posted at 4-13 23:08
Im interested in this!

Im very interested either
2021-4-20
Use props
albertox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38540 ft

Italy

I'm also very interested
2021-4-26
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_aXZPhVRprzqG Posted at 4-12 23:13
There is an open bug on Github for this as well. I can't seem to link to it but search for dji-sdk Mobile-SDK-Android bug 747

The comment from DJI on this is "Sorry that there is no exact SDK plan to support the Mavic Mini 2 for the being time."

Oddly enough, there is a post on another Github thread (#773), where the response from 'DJI Developer Support' stated 'The Mini 2 will not be supported in MSDK 4.X version but will support in MSDK 5.X version. But there is no estimate release date for MSDK 5.X version yet.' That was back in February, so it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
2021-5-21
Use props
SntNick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86591 ft
Israel

Let's hope :-)
2021-6-16
Use props
peager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117001 ft
Slovakia

DJI.... please SDK for MINI 2 !
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_X3bQtwFyWOfj
New

Spain

Please DJI, SDK for mini2. I am starting but potential buyer for several units of DJI Agras 30, but need to keep exploring at my pace with mini2 before going further in budget. Good day
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_IgiaZkWszh8T
New
Kuwait

Waiting for a long. Waiting for an indefinite time is hard. At least give a release date for MSDK. Without sdk it’s a toy. You are just ignoring your customers demand. One day will come, when trust issue could harm your business.
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules