Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Odd Limitation of Do-It-All Handle
2134 26 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I find it very odd that Cinelike-D can not be used while shooting 4K60 and using the do-it-all handle. I am so confused as to why I need to sacrifice dynamic range for the wireles microphone solution. I really hope this was just an oversight that is patched later!
2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I’ve got the Do-It-All Handle on all the time and I’m shooting 4K with Cinelike-D selected. Are you in Pro mode?
2020-11-15
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

Psoon Posted at 11-15 10:46
I’ve got the Do-It-All Handle on all the time and I’m shooting 4K with Cinelike-D selected. Are you in Pro mode?

Sorry I should have specified 4K60 is where it is disabled. Edited the OP.
2020-11-15
Use props
VisionMPP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

hmm i havent recieved mine as yet. so no cinelike-D with 4k60
2020-11-15
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

Only if using the do-it-all handle at the same time. It is a bewilderingly odd limitation.
2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

FFS Posted at 11-15 11:07
Sorry I should have specified 4K60 is where it is disabled. Edited the OP.

Yup, only in 4K60p. Why? Only DJI can answer that.
2020-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a strange limitation. But that is not present without the do it all handle?
2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No cinelike-D in 4K-60p?
2020-11-16
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 23:25
That is a strange limitation. But that is not present without the do it all handle?

With the handle removed you can indeed shoot cinelike-d in ALL recording modes.
2020-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

FFS Posted at 11-16 01:45
With the handle removed you can indeed shoot cinelike-d in ALL recording modes.

Oh, that feels strange.
I don't own a P2 yet, but is there any way of attaching a tripod without the 'do it all handle'?
2020-11-16
Use props
jmvdigital
lvl.1
United States

Fully agree! I don't understand this at all and hope they change it in a future firmware. You can take the handle off and now suddenly it can do D-Cinelike in 4K/60? What?? 4K/60 is one of my favorite shooting modes, and it's highly annoying to take the handle off and on just for that.

Also think that D-Cinelike (along with other modes like High Quality vs. Battery Saver) should be "sticky", and revert back to their previous setting if another setting forces it to change. It's maddening to have to go back through settings to make sure nothing *else* changed when you switch modes or frame rates.
2020-11-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 01:47
Oh, that feels strange.
I don't own a P2 yet, but is there any way of attaching a tripod without the 'do it all handle'?

If I am not mistaken even the basic model comes with a tripod mount thingy...
2020-11-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

jmvdigital Posted at 11-16 08:40
Fully agree! I don't understand this at all and hope they change it in a future firmware. You can take the handle off and now suddenly it can do D-Cinelike in 4K/60? What?? 4K/60 is one of my favorite shooting modes, and it's highly annoying to take the handle off and on just for that.

Also think that D-Cinelike (along with other modes like High Quality vs. Battery Saver) should be "sticky", and revert back to their previous setting if another setting forces it to change. It's maddening to have to go back through settings to make sure nothing *else* changed when you switch modes or frame rates.

OP1 cannot even have HD wifi connection to a phone if the 4K60 mode is selected; so I believe it all boils down to available processing power. I guess the "do-it-all" handle steals too much of it. Of course that does not mean they won't be able to optimize the code and get everything running as expected with a future firmware update.

2020-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 11-16 16:49
If I am not mistaken even the basic model comes with a tripod mount thingy...

It does, but it is not a firm connection as the do it all handle (from what I have heard, I don't own the P2 yet)
2020-11-16
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

CemAygun Posted at 11-16 16:55
OP1 cannot even have HD wifi connection to a phone if the 4K60 mode is selected; so I believe it all boils down to available processing power. I guess the "do-it-all" handle steals too much of it. Of course that does not mean they won't be able to optimize the code and get everything running as expected with a future firmware update.

It’s hard to imagine how an alternate  color profile tales more processing power.
2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Hope the same.
2020-11-21
Use props
icculus84
lvl.1

United States

I really hope this can be changed. Seems stupid to call it "Do-It-All" when it limits the product. I like having the handle on just for a better grip, but I have been shooting without it most of the time because I love 4k 60 grading.
2020-11-21
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

If I remember correctly, Pocket 1 had same limitation with Wireless module.
Just tested, it is same in Pocket 1. D-Cinelike is not available with 4K 60P with wireless module is connected.

I do remember DJI answered this question in Pocket 1 forum last year that Wireless mode requires (even not connected with phone) extra processing power from its CPU just enough so D-Cinelike cannot be handled.
2020-11-21
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 23:58
It does, but it is not a firm connection as the do it all handle (from what I have heard, I don't own the P2 yet)

Ah, I see! I saw the handle has latches, so I guess the smaller mount does not have them and only holds by friction?
2020-11-21
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

FFS Posted at 11-19 08:48
It’s hard to imagine how an alternate  color profile tales more processing power.

That beats me, but a quote from DJI Tony's response in another thread:

"Hi, D-Cinelike makes the image look like a cinema with a Lookup Table (LUT) that contains a mathematical formula for modifying an image..."

So applying the LUT takes a toll on the already stretched processor I guess...

Or the whole thing might just be a bug
2020-11-21
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

CemAygun Posted at 11-21 15:15
Ah, I see! I saw the handle has latches, so I guess the smaller mount does not have them and only holds by friction?

Friction + a little bumps to hold it.
It fits securely but I wonder if it would ware down over the long use.

I would appreciate if 3rd party accessary maker comes up with a tripod mount with a latch lock. I would buy couple of it.
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 11-21 15:15
Ah, I see! I saw the handle has latches, so I guess the smaller mount does not have them and only holds by friction?

Indeed.
I have not tested it myself (since I don't own one yet) but that is what I see from it!
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tide Posted at 11-22 00:23

Probably will in the nearby future!
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tide Posted at 11-22 00:23

Referring to 3rd parties jumping in!
2020-11-22
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

I am ok with "friction" mounts with OP1, as long as the rig does not need to move, like on an actual tripod. I have couple of 3rd party mounts/stands with my favorite being the Ulanzi base (no affiliation whatsoever)  which holds the Pocket and the Wifi module together providing a solid footprint as well as a tripod mount.

But if things need to move, I believe they need to be strapped down I use the official "accessory mount" which basically locks the pocket in with a death grip and let's you connect it to anything that has a gopro style mount.
2020-11-22
Use props
DaveBurbank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 868743 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I find interesting is that while you can't enable 4K60 and D-Cinelike when the Do-It-All-Handle attached using the on-camera controls, you CAN enable 4K60 and D-Cinelike with the Do-It-All-Handle attached if you do it from the Mimo App.
2021-6-25
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

DaveBurbank Posted at 6-25 11:30
What I find interesting is that while you can't enable 4K60 and D-Cinelike when the Do-It-All-Handle attached using the on-camera controls, you CAN enable 4K60 and D-Cinelike with the Do-It-All-Handle attached if you do it from the Mimo App.

This is not possible in my testing. Switching to 4K60 in the mino app automatically disengages Cinelike-D.
2021-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules