4037 3 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hi All,

So I have a new Mini and I did a calibration for the IMU and the compass. How often do I need to do this?  Each time I fly?

Tnx
Ken

2020-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You probably never need to calibrate the IMU unless you crash the drone.
And if the drone is flying properly you would never need to recalibrate the compass unless you modify the drone or rebuild it.

But DJI for no reason that makes any sense, forces recent drone models to ask for recalibration of the compass if not flown for 30 days or if you move >50 km from your last flight.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ken. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted./ Generally, a message will pop up on the DJI application if the compass and the IMU needs to be calibrated. Also, DJI would recommend you to calibrate the said DJI drone if you change to another total different location. A good habit will be helpful in flying. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 20:52
Hello there Ken. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted./ Generally, a message will pop up on the DJI application if the compass and the IMU needs to be calibrated. Also, DJI would recommend you to calibrate the said DJI drone if you change to another total different location. A good habit will be helpful in flying. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Also, DJI would recommend you to calibrate the said DJI drone if you change to another total different location.
Why would that be?
There is no physical reason that moving 30 miles or 3000 miles would make any difference to the compass calibration.
2020-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules