Streaming without WiFi
657 1 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sp00kyDude
New

United States

It's my understanding that streaming with an Osmo Action requires the stream be sent via WiFi (either external or the phone's hotspot).  Is this correct?  If so, why not allow use of the phone's LTE connection alone?  Requiring WiFi - and thus the hotspot - means you're subject to the hotspot data caps.  That's a very limiting factor to somebody who needs to stream often.
It certainly could be done.  StreamLabs mobile app is an example that comes to mind.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there sp00kyDude, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The Stream option for the Osmo Action require an Internet connection comes from the Mobile Hotspot and the Wi-Fi internet connection. This is a great idea and I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules