1211 7 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devdave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62861 ft
Germany

Hi Community,

since I bought the OSMO Mobile 3 I have some serious issues with stuttering and shaky footage. I thought it might be my fault, but the more the error occurs I think it must be an hardware issue.
I don't talk about the usual shakiness like when walking or something, it's another kind of shakyness (please see video link for an example, especially between Second 6 and 10).
I use an iPhone 8 and tried the official DJI Mimo App for recording, I used the official iPhone Camera App and the App ProMovie. Nothing works, always the same problem.

I'm really annoyed as this destroyed a lot of footage and sometimes it's so bad that even Adobe Premiere Post Production can not remove the shakynes.

This is an example... you can clearly see the shakyness between Second 6 and 10.

https://youtu.be/gkCc03BjSU8

Does anyone has any Ideas? I'm really frustrated.

//Edit: And, yes, I always take my time and try to perfectly balance the phone.
2020-11-16
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried another phone?

Like borrow one from a friend to test out another device just to rule out your phone.
2020-11-16
Use props
devdave
lvl.1
Germany

Cavu Films Posted at 11-16 10:36
Have you tried another phone?

Like borrow one from a friend to test out another device just to rule out your phone.

What is wrong with the iPhone 8?
I mean, I can try, but my iPhone is officially supported by DJI... I would not have bought the Gimbal if i knew it is not compatible with my iPhone.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there devdave. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device and kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2020-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2020-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview
2020-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

What app are you using for recording?
Can you try fixing the focus?
Looks a bit like a unwanted re focus issue to me.
(some apps are designed to re trigger the AF once the camera moves and with a gimbal that is exactly what happens. )
2020-11-17
Use props
devdave
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry for the late reply, it took some time to get another phone and try it out.

So, unfortunately, this also happens with an iPhone 11 and the Mimo App and iOS internal app.

I did not try fixing the focus, but will give it a try tomorrow.
2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules