Bought a second hand drone - activation? Forum icon?
2983 5 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gyaku_zuki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3875 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, recently picked up a barely used Mavic Air from a seller on eBay. Pleased to see that the batteries (came with 4; 3 from FlyMore and 1 additional) only had 4 charges each on them.

I assumed signing in my DJI account and connecting to the drone was enough to associate it with my account but I'm not sure - the drone arrived to me with no data on it but did have some things like its name set. No flight records though so I assume they are associated with the account not the drone?

Anyway, is there anything I have to do to make sure the drone is associated with me, not the old owner? And I notice that although it knows I have some flight time, my forum icons only show my Osmo gimbal, and not the drone.

Thanks!
2020-11-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That would be because the drone was activated by the first owner. You would not get the icon but every flight you do since you logged into the drone with your account would sync to your name and the previous owner would not see that.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gyaku_zuki. Thank you for reaching out and congratulation on your newly purchased DJI Mavic Air. If this DJI Mavic Air is a used drone and has already been activated before by the previous owner. We are sorry that the activation information of DJI drone can not be changed and the said Forum icon on your DJI Forum page will not show. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-16
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the first drone used and I did not have to do anything except for signing in with my DJI account. But when I received it, I actually rest it to its factory setting by  pressing and holding the button (with the light)  in the back of the drone for 9 seconds, and then plugged it into my laptop with the DJI Assistant software and did factory rest. I am not sure if that was all required but I did it to ensure no data were stored from the pervious owner.
2020-11-16
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi gyaku_zuki
I've mentioned this several times, my mavic Pro is second hand, I'm the second owner and the icon shows, all I did was create a new account. There must be a reason why, but I don't know what it is.
2020-11-16
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-16 19:40
I got the first drone used and I did not have to do anything except for signing in with my DJI account. But when I received it, I actually rest it to its factory setting by  pressing and holding the button (with the light)  in the back of the drone for 9 seconds, and then plugged it into my laptop with the DJI Assistant software and did factory rest. I am not sure if that was all required but I did it to ensure no data were stored from the pervious owner.

Really??? I don't think so. I could be wrong?
2020-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules