966 10 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jag M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 931549 ft
Poland

Hi,
Having AEB option in Mini 2 is great, no doubt. Thanks for that in Mini 2.

But still, to make it perfect it would be nice to have more options to choose in DJI Fly app:
- number of images (for example from 3 to 7)
- ev step (for example from 0,3 to 1)

It could be done as well in different way, by adding some predefined AEB modes, for example:

AEB3/0,7 (current AEB option)

AEB5/0,7 (5 shots, 0,7 step)
AEB3/1 (3 shots, 1 step)

Currently if I try to make nice HDR from the scene where dynamic range is very big the option -0,7, 0, +0,7 is not enough.

It's only software change, would be nice to have it in app upgrade. @DJI please consider this. Thanks.

2020-11-16
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Sounds like a great idea!
2020-11-16
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

The Air 2 does a 5 shot AEB and goes to +-1.4. I suspect whatever they might add to the Fly App, the Mini 2 will always come out short. It's not a technical thing, it's marketing. Just another little item that you get for upgrading.

I would totally be on board with more latitude though. +-2 stops is really a minimum to get a decent HDR.
2020-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This would make AEB much more useful indeed!
AEB-5 or at least a bigger step between the shots!
2020-11-17
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I agree, would be nice.
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Good idea. Dont have one but hope you get it implemented!
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Jag M., thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Thank you for sharing your idea that will make the Mini 2 more awesome. Don't worry as I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-17 09:03
Hi there Jag M., thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Thank you for sharing your idea that will make the Mini 2 more awesome. Don't worry as I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support and understanding.

It wouldn't hurt for the MM1 either
2020-11-17
Use props
Jag M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 931549 ft
Poland

@DJI Paladin - thanks for the answer, hope that some new release of DJI Fly will have that options.

I was thinking as well about the option to automatically merge AEB in DJI Fly to create HDR photo. The app has already option to enhance photos and makes it fine - its good options for beginners – and adding HDR creation would be great. Then it would be possible to quickly share “like HDR” photo on FB or Instagram using just the phone and DJI app.

About Air 2 – I don’t think that adding that options to Mini 2 would be a problem for Air 2. In Mini 2 we do not have real HDR, we have different camera and we can only try to make “like HDR” by merging photos - so still Air 2 is much more advanced and better drone. Merging AEB in DJI FLY to create one HDR photo would be an option only for beginners (still, probably majority of Mini 2 users) – more advanced uses prefer probably post processing and playing with many parameters by themselves or they just go for Air 2.  
2020-11-20
Use props
yoda8579
New

United States

I agree! Would love to see this functionality added! Would also be great if they could extend this to some of the pano modes!
2020-12-29
Use props
FaMos
New

Italy

Hi! I was thinking the same, after using aeb mode. It would be great to have the choice between 3-5-7-9 shots (at least 3 or 5) with steps of 1 stop each. Thanks for the suggestion
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules