Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Support for DJI Mini 2
123Next >
18957 98 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 641719 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_it7X7nVbuZAt Posted at 1-19 21:12
I bought the mini 2 under the assumption that the smart controller would work. Now I find it doesn't makes me wish I hadn't have purchased it. Got me that time, shame on you.

sorry to hear that you are disappointed.

Never make assumptions when you want to buy something. I was intrested in the Mini, but because no RAW, I didn't buy it. Now the Mini 2 has it, so ...

I hope together with you, the SC will support the Mini 2. Got the M2P with the SC and it would be nice to have it, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. The compatibility with the Air2 did take a lot of time too and frustration with a lot of people.
1-20 05:39
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3270079 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please make the smart controller compatible with the Mini 2.
1-20 06:41
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14232 ft

United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-20 06:41
DJI, please make the smart controller compatible with the Mini 2.

Come on DJI make your smart controller even smarter. I thought the idea of the smart controller was to make it universal to ocusinc 2 drones.
Shake your magic wand and make it happen please.
1-20 07:05
Use props
fans9bc68f77
lvl.1
Spain

Deadtillten Posted at 1-20 07:05
Come on DJI make your smart controller even smarter. I thought the idea of the smart controller was to make it universal to ocusinc 2 drones.
Shake your magic wand and make it happen please.

Come on DJI!!. Two controllers in a bag is a trouble.
1-21 03:36
Use props
fansd96d1ca4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2280 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_LJbqSe30vS8h Posted at 2020-12-27 17:09
Smart controller support for Mini 2 makes sense for those who already own a SC w/ other DJI drone(s) - and those want to add the mini 2 to their collection or fleet. The number of these users may be a very small percentage - and may not have ROI to support SC.

Think about it, the SC is almost twice as much as a Mini 2 cost wise. Mini 2 is targeted at the newbie or starter drone demographic and from a business perspective, it doesn't make sense to support the mini 2 for that crowd. It could also be that DJI want to push consumers who want SC - to buy the MA2 instead.

I think I'd consider it to potentially remove Fly app crash issues when using a mobile phone
1-24 03:43
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 23558484 ft
Bulgaria

I consider buying sc if it supports mini 2!
1-26 01:30
Use props
Lonzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438 ft
Australia

It's simple, DJI:

If you make my DJI Smart Controller compatible with the DJI Mini 2, I buy one. If you don't, I won't!

The SC is a great controller and I would never go back to a basic controller, fiddling with smartphones etc. And I'm sure many other DJI users are in the same boat.

So, DJI, if you want to sell more DJI Mini 2, make it SC compatible!
1-28 18:01
Use props
David Hobbis
New

Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 2020-11-17 12:29
Got my Mini 2 yesterday, very happy with its flight characteristics, it simply makes the Mavic Air1 look like absolute junk!  Can't imagine how much nicer it will be if it can be flown with the smart controller! Please make it happen DJI.

Please listen to your customers and provide this software update.
2-2 05:14
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 5596490 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm gradually getting convinced that the guys are simply INCAPABLE of making the Mini2 compatible ; judging by the fact that they can't even get the existing supported products to work properly; as people are still having various issues with both the GO4 and FLY apps with their Mavic2 and the Mavic Air2.
2-3 11:20
Use props
djiuser_L1WXU3PWeONp
lvl.1

Canada

Want the Mavic Mini 2 but will not be buying it until it’s compatible with the SC.  Once you’ve used the SC there’s no going back.
2-9 20:07
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_L1WXU3PWeONp Posted at 2-9 20:07
Want the Mavic Mini 2 but will not be buying it until it’s compatible with the SC.  Once you’ve used the SC there’s no going back.

that's not true.  i fly my m2z and ma2 with the sc and then when i pull out the m2, i have no issues with using the rc.  my only issue is with the screen brightness which is why the m2 will never be my primary drone for vids.
2-9 20:44
Use props
phramick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4053691 ft
Australia

I need this support that allows DJI Smart Controller to fly the Mini 2.

1. I use the Epson Moverio bt-35e which runs off the controller's HDMI port which only currently works with Mavic Air 2.

2. I need to reduce weight and simplify my backpack when I go out to fly. Having my phone free is essential so girlfriend can call me and tell me to stop all this flying nonsense.
2-12 16:51
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 5848379 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI !!!!!! You can do it
2-13 03:41
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 14851870 ft
Germany

phramick Posted at 2-12 16:51
I need this support that allows DJI Smart Controller to fly the Mini 2.

1. I use the Epson Moverio bt-35e which runs off the controller's HDMI port which only currently works with Mavic Air 2.

that's true!
2-14 08:55
Use props
Q3D2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6984439 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Supporting this topic! Lack of Mini 2 support on DJI Smart Controller is so disappointing. I'm using M2P, M2Z, MA2, Mini 2 during traveling and for commercial work, and it would be nice to have 1 controller for them all. Mini 2 is so handy for flying extremely close, through the cars, under the cars, through some small openings etc. In some projects this drone is the only solution to do impressive content.
2-26 02:21
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 14851870 ft
Germany

Q3D2 Posted at 2-26 02:21
Supporting this topic! Lack of Mini 2 support on DJI Smart Controller is so disappointing. I'm using M2P, M2Z, MA2, Mini 2 during traveling and for commercial work, and it would be nice to have 1 controller for them all. Mini 2 is so handy for flying extremely close, through the cars, under the cars, through some small openings etc. In some projects this drone is the only solution to do impressive content.

2-26 08:49
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14232 ft

United Kingdom

When is a smart controller NOT smart. When it is not capable. Well the thing is, the DJI smart controller IS capable. Are DJI programmers capable ,the answer is yes.
So why on earth will they not update the firmware to be compatible with their successful Mini 2.
If it's money then shame on you. I already think that anybody who owns a DJI have paid premium prices.
With a shocking after service. DJI cornered the market but things they are a changing and if DJI is to keep there customers they need to take a good look at themselves. Loyalty is earned and not by being taken for granted.
3-17 07:49
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Deadtillten Posted at 3-17 07:49
When is a smart controller NOT smart. When it is not capable. Well the thing is, the DJI smart controller IS capable. Are DJI programmers capable ,the answer is yes.
So why on earth will they not update the firmware to be compatible with their successful Mini 2.
If it's money then shame on you. I already think that anybody who owns a DJI have paid premium prices.

Judging by the amount of bugs it still has with the Fly App and the Air2, I am convinced it is NOT marketing strategy to not include the Mini2.
3-17 22:52
Use props
cajunclay
lvl.1

United States

Following!
3-20 07:24
Use props
djiuser_q2noiGuqekyJ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dont think the smart controller will be able to fly the Mavic Mini ever... hope I'm wrong though.. DJI told me through using on line chat, that they wont ever be comparing the Mini  2 with the smart controller,, Unless they lied to me, which i would thought they do that. T.Hedges
16167578672441006894016874984966.jpg
3-26 03:29
Use props
djiuser_hb84fdKL8apC
New

Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-17 01:17
Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. This information has already been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team and as of the moment the DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with the DJI Smart Controller. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest DJI Mini 2 updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

I got the mini-2 drone together with the Smart Controller as a 2020 X-mas present. The fact that these two items are not compatible is a bit irritating, as the SC offers excellent image resolution and clarity - and the money has already been spent.

Thus, the sooner dji can activate software compatibility, the better: I would much appreciate that step forward, and see no practical reason why this should not be the case. Using a smart phone is simply not the same quality experience.
4-1 12:53
Use props
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6984439 ft
  • >>>
Russia

To up this topic ;-) Still no news on Mini 2 support in Smart Controller? And considering that DJI started switching to OcuSync 3 (the DJI FPV is already OS3, and it looks like new drones, that we see on rumors websites will be OS3 too) it seems like our Smart Controllers will soon be just a peace of old gear, that is not compatible with future drones. Hope I'm wrong.
4-7 10:00
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Stanislav Vasiliev Posted at 4-7 10:00
To up this topic ;-) Still no news on Mini 2 support in Smart Controller? And considering that DJI started switching to OcuSync 3 (the DJI FPV is already OS3, and it looks like new drones, that we see on rumors websites will be OS3 too) it seems like our Smart Controllers will soon be just a peace of old gear, that is not compatible with future drones. Hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately it is already old gear, it is over 2 years old and it is very obviously being abandoned already.
4-7 13:24
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

To up this topic ;-) Still no news on Mini 2 support in Smart Controller? And considering that DJI started switching to OcuSync 3 (the DJI FPV is already OS3, and it looks like new drones, that we see on rumors websites will be OS3 too) it seems like our Smart Controllers will soon be just a peace of old gear, that is not compatible with future drones. Hope I'm wrong.

i think we already knew that one day the sc would run out of juice.  turns out it might be sooner than later.
4-7 15:37
Use props
ZelAnton
lvl.1

Luxembourg

Hope it will be new Controller ver.2 for Air 2S, it comes with OS3 support
4-9 08:54
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 355154 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-7 13:24
Unfortunately it is already old gear, it is over 2 years old and it is very obviously being abandoned already.

It was abandoned long ago. DJI have done basically nothing with it other than allowing the use of MA2. Other than that I would find myself hard pressed to invest on a SC 2 as the same thing will happen little to no support.
4-10 06:15
Use props
FlyRacer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 89583 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dji pls can you give us an information if the mini 2 will be compatible in the future? Thx
4-12 23:30
Use props
Sogo
lvl.1

United States

DJI!  PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

PLEASE make the Smart Controller compatible with the Mavi Mini 2!!!
4-13 17:22
Use props
djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa
lvl.3
Hungary

I can't help but add my plea to the list.

Not counting the Tello, the Mini 2 is considered the least dangerous drone in your product stack, and crucially this is also reflected in EASA rules. It's the most serious one you can fly in A1 during the transition period and it's the only one currently available that will not be moved to A3 (banned from cities) in 2023. It is a massively useful drone, the 249g pitch is paying off big time, and yet it is relegated to only be used with a phone.

Yes, the Smart Controller costs money if you don't already have it. But what you're using for control on the ground is a big part of the experience of operating a drone. The SC grants you the confidence of a single, dedicated device separate from the quirks of your phone, and especially with the ability to mount an additional field monitor it gives you the best visibility into what's happening. To me it is the perfect combination and the best way to use the mini if you're not hiking up a cliff or something.

Considering it took six months to add compatibiltiy for the Air 2 and the two drones are using the same controller, I'm still holding out hope, but a sign would be nice.
4-14 02:18
Use props
Djimaniac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2815732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sogo Posted at 4-13 17:22
DJI!  PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

PLEASE make the Smart Controller compatible with the Mavi Mini 2!!!

I second that!
4-14 04:20
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 5848379 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I Third that!!!!!
4-15 04:32
Use props
Djimaniac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2815732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really do wish dji would make the mini 2 compatible with smart controller.  I could then use the sc to fly my mini 2, zoom, and ma2.. i really do like my sc, and hope one day, maybe, just maybe, dji will make it work.
4-15 12:57
Use props
Steve613
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82956 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the kind of unforced error that drives loyal customers to the competition.  
4-16 07:17
Use props
Steve613
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is the kind of unforced error that drives loyal customers to the competition.  
4-16 07:17
Use props
Steve613
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

4-16 07:18
Use props
djiuser_qiOKfYSngOfU
New
United States

Please add capability with Mini 2! PLEASE.
4-17 13:38
Use props
ady1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207211 ft
United Kingdom

Instead of staying silent, why cant you just tell us if we are gonna get to use the mini 2 with the smart controller, and if not please tell us why, we paid you a lot of money for the controller and was assured it would work with future drones. Is this the way to treat your customers?
4-20 03:09
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3350315 ft
United States

Sadly DJI make promise with the SC that not keep.
4-20 04:07
Use props
djiuser_odNziK9ux2Sa
lvl.3
Hungary

ady1 Posted at 4-20 03:09
Instead of staying silent, why cant you just tell us if we are gonna get to use the mini 2 with the smart controller, and if not please tell us why, we paid you a lot of money for the controller and was assured it would work with future drones. Is this the way to treat your customers?

The employees that run this forum can't even manage to get rid of blatant spam that has been reported to them.  The rest of their social media is similarly a disaster. I don't think anyone is empowered to relay consumer sentiment to somebody that can actually do something about the products.
4-20 04:48
Use props
Mavic 2 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1332034 ft
United States

I have been waiting since Nov 2020 to pull the trigger on the Mini 2.   I am ready today to spend the US$600 on the Fly More Combo (not a small amount of money by any standard), but I just will NOT do it until I hear confirmation that the Mini 2 is supported by the Smart Controller.   I have the Mavic 2 Pro and I have some very good applications where I want the small form factor and features of the Mini 2..   I don't want a Mavic Air or another Mavic quadcopter.....I want a Mini....specifically the Mini 2.       As someone else on this thread stated, when I purchased the US$750 Smart Controller it was CLEARLY stated on the website this controller would support future Occusync 2.0 products......well, last I read in your spec for the Mini 2, it uses Occusync 2.0 communication....so where is the support?   
5-12 11:38
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules