Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Support for DJI Mini 2
18344 98 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
profPI
lvl.1

Netherlands

Actually, I believe it must be possible to sue DJI for misleading. Many of us have invested in the Smart Controller because of compatibility with future models with OS2.0. This has been stated clearly as part of the specs. Since they are not delivering, the product can be considered as mal-functioning (I checked this) and delivering up to its promises. The consistent silence from DJI can be considered as poor customer support, which is also not helping their case. So, let's unite and see how we can show DJI that this is not the way to treat loyal customers. I see no reason why we should accept this.
5-12 14:00
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 2 Raptor Posted at 5-12 11:38
I have been waiting since Nov 2020 to pull the trigger on the Mini 2.   I am ready today to spend the US$600 on the Fly More Combo (not a small amount of money by any standard), but I just will NOT do it until I hear confirmation that the Mini 2 is supported by the Smart Controller.   I have the Mavic 2 Pro and I have some very good applications where I want the small form factor and features of the Mini 2..   I don't want a Mavic Air or another Mavic quadcopter.....I want a Mini....specifically the Mini 2.       As someone else on this thread stated, when I purchased the US$750 Smart Controller it was CLEARLY stated on the website this controller would support future Occusync 2.0 products......well, last I read in your spec for the Mini 2, it uses Occusync 2.0 communication....so where is the support?

i would not spend $600 on a mini 2 unless it was a fmc with a smart controller.
5-12 19:51
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Captain
Flight distance : 758720 ft
  • >>>
Canada

phramick Posted at 2-12 16:51
I need this support that allows DJI Smart Controller to fly the Mini 2.

1. I use the Epson Moverio bt-35e which runs off the controller's HDMI port which only currently works with Mavic Air 2.

lol
5-16 16:37
Use props
Mavic 2 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1332034 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-12 19:51
i would not spend $600 on a mini 2 unless it was a fmc with a smart controller.

Ooooo, now an fmc would certainly be nice!
5-17 05:05
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 2937402 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

The fact the mini2 weight is 249g and with the SC you can do live broadcast via HDMI...maybe thats the "issue", with all the laws about drones, Mini2 and SC will be a "perfect" combo to do some live broadcast without breaking rules...at least in the EU.
5-18 04:12
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 5-18 04:12
The fact the mini2 weight is 249g and with the SC you can do live broadcast via HDMI...maybe thats the "issue", with all the laws about drones, Mini2 and SC will be a "perfect" combo to do some live broadcast without breaking rules...at least in the EU.

pardon me if i am unaware, what is the law with regards to live broadcasts and drones?
5-18 15:29
Use props
saturnone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI this is what we all want to see...make it happen please  !!!!!
5-20 09:21
Use props
jpedlar
lvl.1

Canada

Maybe us SC owners should start a lawsuit as patience has not worked and we were promised compatibility with new drones.  I've contacted DJI twice over this issue and both times been stone walled.  If we all ask for a refund we may at least get sime dialogue going.  Any lawyers here?
6-2 20:48
Use props
saturnone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just been onto DJI support this is what they said

6-4 03:03
Use props
djiuser_A97TrzKt25vH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100712 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 2020-12-31 13:39
people have probably forgotten because they understand a company is allowed to change their mind and adjust their product roadmap without prior notice and checking in with the people.  impossible to know the future and technical challenges ahead.  if someone is trying to hold dji to this then it's likely going forward you won't get visibility to anymore predictions from dji.  or you'll start to see a bunch of "we think" and "we believe" and "we're not sure right now"  and "maybe" at the same time they already have and are testing out the product and we don't want that.

They can change their mind for future purchasers, but they cannot unilaterally and retroactively alter the terms under which the Smart Controller was previously sold.

DJI is a company in chaos and decline. The fact that it appears to be lying shouldn't come as any surprise.

The Smart Controller has had a known black screen defect for over a year. It cost me a Mavic 2 Pro about a month ago. At some point, I will publish the DJI response. Like dealing with a Moroccan rug merchant.
6-9 11:09
Use props
IndyLarry
lvl.1

United States

It just happened!

Firmware updates for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Smart Controller were just released making the Smart Controller capable of controlling the Mini 2!!!
6-16 13:42
Use props
djiuser_KXn368iMxEQI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70600 ft
Italy

Si, ciò che in molti pensavamo non dovesse accadere mai più è successo, finalmente.
Ho volato con il Mini 2 comandato dallo Smart Controller
La Montagna ha partorito il Topolino.
Nessun problema con gli aggiornamenti Firmware e nessun problema con i comandi in volo.
Nonostante la lunga attesa ...Grazie DJI
6-16 14:52
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 5848379 ft
  • >>>
Australia

We did it !!!!!!!!!!!
6-16 19:01
Use props
Mavic 2 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1332034 ft
United States

Awesome job, everyone.   I'm sure all the pressure the users applies to DJI actually made this happen.  It takes engineering effort and time to ensure proper coding and compatibility and as we all know they released the Air 2S and I"m sure a Mavic 3 is in the works....great that we got their attention!
6-19 19:17
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

IndyLarry Posted at 6-16 13:42
It just happened!

Firmware updates for the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Smart Controller were just released making the Smart Controller capable of controlling the Mini 2!!!

I just bought the Mini 2 Smart Controller Combo and the Mini didn't come with the latest firmware installed and Assistant 2 doesn't see any firmware updates so mine is a brick!
Sending it back.
7-13 07:51
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 11568 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I do.
7-13 12:41
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 11568 ft
  • >>>
United States

rdickinson Posted at 1-13 11:38
I would like to upgrade to a Mini 2 or a Mini 2 with SC. Waiting for support upgrade. Nothing as of yet hopefully soon.

Done.  Wish granted
7-13 12:42
Use props
Mobilehomer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515827 ft
United States

Iman_Oldie Posted at 7-13 07:51
I just bought the Mini 2 Smart Controller Combo and the Mini didn't come with the latest firmware installed and Assistant 2 doesn't see any firmware updates so mine is a brick!
Sending it back.

You need to hack the .ini file to enable Assistant 2 to see the Mini 2. I have done this and it works. Do a search on google, many examples and tutorials show up. It is an easy fix.
7-13 13:23
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-13 13:23
You need to hack the .ini file to enable Assistant 2 to see the Mini 2. I have done this and it works. Do a search on google, many examples and tutorials show up. It is an easy fix.

Thanks mate. That worked
7-13 16:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules