Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Custom lut
8728 12 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nivek1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to get a custom lut into the dji ronin app on iOS. I have a MacBook Pro. I can see the UserLut folder in finder on my iPhone 12pro, but I cannot put anything in it. I can’t even see the folder with my iPhone 6 Plus, which is what I use with the raveneye.

Thanks.
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_NTulZgmlQCxZ
New
United States

I am also having trouble figuring this out. I have the RS2 with Raven Eyes, and it works great, but I can’t figure out how to load my own LUTs for my BMPCC.

My iPhone Files app doesn’t show the proper local directory and when I plug my phone into my Mac and find the folder on my phone I am unable to get into the proper folder. Sub folders appear locked.

Help!
2020-11-27
Use props
fans4d277aef
lvl.1

Switzerland

Same problem here.
Did someone contact DJI support already?
Br, Flo
2020-11-30
Use props
Nivek1969
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I was able to add my custom lut to the appropriate folder with an app called I-funbox. Pretty sad that dji advertises it but doesn’t come up with a method to do it natively. I-funbox is an app for your computer Mac or windows and it’s free.
2020-11-30
Use props
fans4d277aef
lvl.1

Switzerland

Nivek1969 Posted at 11-30 08:07
I was able to add my custom lut to the appropriate folder with an app called I-funbox. Pretty sad that dji advertises it but doesn’t come up with a method to do it natively. I-funbox is an app for your computer Mac or windows and it’s free.

Thx a lot! That worked for me as well.
In the meantime I got a reply from DJI support. They say it’s possible to copy the files with iTunes or iTools (which is something similar to I-Funbox).
The RavenEye manual is really not detailed enough for this part. Maybe with a future app update the folder gets accessible directly from the IOS files app?
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_BuRi
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

There is a simple trick to copy a lut from a Mac to an iPhone or iPad. Create on your Mac a folder UserLut and copy the lut file to the folder. Connect your iPhone or iPad with the Mac and copy the folder UserLut to the Ronin folder on your mobile device. This works fine for me on iPhone and iPad.

BR BR
2020-12-16
Use props
vitaly258
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_BuRi Posted at 12-16 04:52
Hi,

There is a simple trick to copy a lut from a Mac to an iPhone or iPad. Create on your Mac a folder UserLut and copy the lut file to the folder. Connect your iPhone or iPad with the Mac and copy the folder UserLut to the Ronin folder on your mobile device. This works fine for me on iPhone and iPad.

my question is where is ronin folder on iphone? i can see DJI Fly and some other app folders but Ronin.
2020-12-20
Use props
fans20427f41
lvl.1

United States

I am confuse on how to use the LUTS. I select the LUT I want to use, but when I play it back, the LUT is not on the clip. Is the LUT only to see how the video will look, when you add it when editing?
2021-1-2
Use props
Nivek1969
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans20427f41 Posted at 1-2 11:13
I am confuse on how to use the LUTS. I select the LUT I want to use, but when I play it back, the LUT is not on the clip. Is the LUT only to see how the video will look, when you add it when editing?

Yes the lut is not applied to your footage, it is applied to your preview so you can get an idea what it will look like and fine tune your settings to the lut you are using.
2021-1-2
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

For anyone else upset by how this thread *almost* has the information you need, here's exactly what you need to do:

Download iFunBox. Let macOS use it and bypass security via the Security Pane in preferences. Connect (via USB to Lightening cable) your iPhone to your computer. Unlock your phone (probably twice) and "Trust" the computer. Relaunch iFunBox as necessary to get it to see your device. Once launched, see the screenshot below to know exactly where to drop your LUTs. I just loaded a dozen and they appear to work great.

2021-7-17
Use props
ohuarriz
New
Argentina

Can someone give me instructions on how to get custom luts into the dji ronin app on Android? Please, need help
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_bTHdamCNEs20
New

Germany

fans20427f41 Posted at 1-2 11:13

Yes, it's only to see what it might look like
2021-12-29
Use props
vinko.provideo-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105928 ft
Slovenia

For Android users:
1. connect your Android phone with USB cable to PC.
2. copy your luts to yourphone\internalstorage\Android\data\com.dji.ronin\files\DJI-Ronin-UserLut
3. enjoy

2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules