DJI osmo action issues
3216 7 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric77_be
New
Belgium

Hello,
Bought a few days ago an osmo action cam.  After updating the firmeware and take a look on the different settings i have some issues with the cam.
1. After a full charge of the battery (first use) and playing a little bit with the settings, the battery level goes realy fast down.  The cam seems to drain also the battery while powerd off.  
2. Voice control works a little bit strange.  Stop recording doens't work properly.  "Take photo" turn the LCD screen.  I have to repeat the command the most of the time.
3. I like to use the osmo for cycling trips.  How i works with my old drift action cam? When mounted on my helmet, i turn the cam "on".  The cam goes into standby mode during the whole ride (several hours).  When i push the rec button (remote control, this cam doesn't have voice control) the cam start recording, pushing the stop button, it stops recording and goes into standby mode.  Does the osmo works the same way?  I tryed, but...once the LCD goes off, the voice command doesn't react, i have to manaly push the rec button.  With the cam mounted on my helmet... it's not safe during cycling.

Hopely someone can help with this issues.

Thanks Eric
2020-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As you learn the camera:

Hit rec once it records, hit rec again it stops, goes to a 5-minute standby, and OFF, there is no set standby at all.
2020-11-17
Use props
Eric77_be
New
Belgium

Hi, thnx for the reply.  I understand how to rec and stop.  If the cam is mouted under the saddle for example, than it's not easy to hit the rec button during the ride.  Therefore the voice command option would be great, but this is not active with the cam in standby mode.  Another solution would be a remote control...small device, not a smartphone 6" display.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_QWaWCVHdXVvj
New

United States

Eric77_be Posted at 11-17 07:09
Hi, thnx for the reply.  I understand how to rec and stop.  If the cam is mouted under the saddle for example, than it's not easy to hit the rec button during the ride.  Therefore the voice command option would be great, but this is not active with the cam in standby mode.  Another solution would be a remote control...small device, not a smartphone 6" display.
2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QWaWCVHdXVvj
New

United States

2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QWaWCVHdXVvj
New

United States

2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QWaWCVHdXVvj
New

United States

Seems to be issues with the Firmware, Wifi, Pixel phones or Osmo itself. Many posts about connection and voice activation issues since it's release.
My issues include yours as well as using the MIMO app to control the Osmo's function, just won't connect even after starting from scratch with software.
Good Luck with your troubleshooting, very frustrating
2020-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

TThen I go this route:

Power bank turn camera on, set screen saver to Never, and rec to never, so the camera does not shut down.  and   use  Voice command for your start/stop, just d not shut down the camera.   
2020-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules