Inverted Controls in the Fly App for MA2
1460 7 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BHProductions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

I am the only one that is having this issue? Since day one, and I have all my app and firmware versions are up to date. I use a LG G7 phone and I have not been able to customize the controls of the MA2 e.g. pull back on the stick to ascend and push forward on the stick to descend. Does this happen with anyone else?

2020-11-16
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But you are flying a drone not a plane _ I fly aircraft and helis no problem normally as you describe - a drone is just up is up lol
2020-11-16
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
United States

Aerial-Image.co.uk Posted at 11-16 11:11
But you are flying a drone not a plane  _ I fly aircraft and helis no problem normally as you describe - a drone is just up is up lol

True, but I'm more familiar with inverted controls and flew that way in the previous app. It seems like a simple fix to this bug.
2020-11-16
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Well, you are going to have to live with it, forward ascend and pulling back descend. When in custom mode you can only move control pairs clockwise or counterclockwise like a rotating dial with no flipping of the order.

In this video you can switch ascend and descend controls, but this also changes the left/right yaw controls as well.
2020-11-16
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 11-16 13:32
Well, you are going to have to live with it, forward ascend and pulling back descend. When in custom mode you can only move control pairs clockwise or counterclockwise like a rotating dial with no flipping of the order.

In this video you can switch ascend and descend controls, but this also changes the left/right yaw controls as well.

Correct, however in the DJI Go 4 app the pairs weren't linked. If an admin can dutifully  use their people skill and pass this info up to the engineers/dev to resolve this it would be much appreciated.  
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BHProductions. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( LG G7 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG G7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-11-17
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 01:25
Hello there BHProductions. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( LG G7 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG G7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Thank you for your reply Stephen,
However this issue is not phone specific as I can duplicate this problem with my Pixel 2 which is listed as a recommended device. So can you re-read my first post again as if it were on the Pixel 2?
Thank you,
2020-11-17
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I love my Air 2 but it does seem that the little touches that made the drone great are being left out.
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules