RavenEye Active Track 3.0 does not work if camera is in portrait mode.
5881 10 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Tk8OFbYdIijj
lvl.1
United States

Hello!

Active Track 3.0 does not work if the camera is in portrait mode. I've tried using Active Track 3.0 with the vertical video mount for the RS2 and when attempting to use the tracking feature, the gimbal moves away from and loses sight of the subject. I suspect because the gimbal compensates for the subject movement as though the camera is in landscape but not in portrait. Is there an option to have the gimbal move as though the camera is in portrait instead of landscape? If not, will this feature be included in a future update?

I appreciate the help!
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry about the product experience you had with the RS2 on the Active Track function.  Currently we don't support the tracking function when the gimbal is on the portrait mode. We will forward your suggestion on this function to our development team for further updating reference.  
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_Tk8OFbYdIijj
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-17 03:54
Hello there, we are sorry about the product experience you had with the RS2 on the Active Track function.  Currently we don't support the tracking function when the gimbal is on the portrait mode. We will forward your suggestion on this function to our development team for further updating reference.

Having Active Track 3.0 work with the vertical video mount would greatly help with the creation of any media primarily viewed on the phone. I'd initially purchased the RS2 for Active Track 3.0 with vertical media, so hopefully this feature makes its way to consumers sooner rather than later!

I appreciate the reply.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_wSkH8RHinK69
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Tk8OFbYdIijj Posted at 11-17 05:58
Having Active Track 3.0 work with the vertical video mount would greatly help with the creation of any media primarily viewed on the phone. I'd initially purchased the RS2 for Active Track 3.0 with vertical media, so hopefully this feature makes its way to consumers sooner rather than later!

I appreciate the reply.

I also purchased the raveneye system to be used for portrait style videos. Disappointed to hear it doesn’t work in the mode. Hoping it gets implemented soon.
2020-11-28
Use props
fans0815138e
lvl.1

United States

Active Track may be most useful for Vloggers and others in PORTRAIT MODE. Please try to expedite this update.

Thank you.
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_mBD3pSXL7Yed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is the same problem I am having but with the camera in landscape mode, there is no vertical tracking on Active track which is of no use at all
2021-6-20
Use props
fans6195b6e4
New
Germany

Is there an update to this issue?
I hope people at dji know that vertical and portrait is clearly the future of content creation?
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

fans6195b6e4 Posted at 8-1 03:50
Is there an update to this issue?
I hope people at dji know that vertical and portrait is clearly the future of content creation?

The new firmware version of RS2 supports the active track of vertical shooting,you can open the portrait follow on,
2021-8-2
Use props
fansb81874bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48415 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-17 03:54

I have the same issues, thanks for posting this I hope dji will fix it
2021-9-19
Use props
fansb81874bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48415 ft
United States

djiuser_wSkH8RHinK69 Posted at 2020-11-28 20:08
I also purchased the raveneye system to be used for portrait style videos. Disappointed to hear it doesn’t work in the mode. Hoping it gets implemented soon.

I hope so the dji will fix it
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_pMiW7dlcIpfZ
lvl.1

Denmark

djiuser_mBD3pSXL7Yed Posted at 6-20 03:39
This is the same problem I am having but with the camera in landscape mode, there is no vertical tracking on Active track which is of no use at all

Have you had any luck with the issue?
I have the same problem, active track works perfekt in horisontal/pan, but not vertical/tilt.
I have scrolled through the settings but with no luck.
2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules