Charging Raveneye
21509 17 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usko
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know if you can charge the Raveneye by itself, or can it only be charged while connected to the RS2? I'd love to charge it up separately before a shoot to save the Ronin battery, but when I try plugging it into a charger by itself nothing happens. If I turn it on while connected to a charger, it does not indicate charging, and the battery level drops.
Any trick to getting that to happen?

2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, you can charge the Raveneye by using the USB-C cable (40cm), and the Chargers which have a 5V/2A output will be work.
2020-11-17
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-17 03:48
Hello, you can charge the Raveneye by using the USB-C cable (40cm), and the Chargers which have a 5V/2A output will be work.

That's what I thought too... but nothing happened. There was no indication of charging and I left it on for quite a while and no charge. Does it have to be turned on? I tried that too, but not as long as it seemed to be draining the battery.
2020-11-17
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-17 03:48

Well, derp. I was plugging in the power on the wrong end! Works just fine now!
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

usko Posted at 11-17 18:33
Well, derp. I was plugging in the power on the wrong end! Works just fine now!

Hello, we are glad to see the Raveneye works. You can also refer the latest tutorial for the connection, hope it helps.

Thanks.
2020-11-18
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

How to disable the charging from the RSC while it's connected to the RSC?
2020-11-20
Use props
TaylorVision
New
United States

usko Posted at 11-17 18:33
Well, derp. I was plugging in the power on the wrong end! Works just fine now!

What charger and cable did you use?  I have an iPhone 5v 2A charger with USB.
2020-12-26
Use props
TaylorVision
New
United States

Crazy how DJI can't support Ronin LIVE chat.  My Raven Eye hasn't gotten past one blinking light while charging on the Ronin SC2.  6 hours now.
2020-12-26
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

Make sure you're plugged into the correct end. That's the mistake I made. They both use the USB-C, but one end is for charging, and the other is for connecting to the gimbal. Easy mistake to make!
2020-12-26
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

TaylorVision Posted at 12-26 07:57
What charger and cable did you use?  I have an iPhone 5v 2A charger with USB.

I used a standard USB that I think came with a Samsung phone. Pretty much any USB charger should work.
2020-12-26
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

Is there a way to power it off of USB while it's on and in use?  Would be nice to get more than a couple of hours out of it? Maybe off the same battery that the camera is using ...say off the v-mount's p-tap -> usb-c for example.?  - The fxlion nano batteries have usb-a usb-c usb-micro and p-tap out.

2021-7-10
Use props
doctoraxis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19150 ft
South Korea

Hi, RavenEye has two USB-C type shaped ports(another one RSS). Use thunder sign(charging sign) USB-C type port for charging. This is opposite side of HDMI port and RSS port. Do not use RSS UBS-C port.
2021-8-25
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

And I'm trying to charge mine while in use with the rsc 2. The connection is fine, but it doens't charge.
2022-9-28
Use props
fans2ba81e0d
New
Flight distance : 217792 ft
Australia

TaylorVision Posted at 2020-12-26 08:00
Crazy how DJI can't support Ronin LIVE chat.  My Raven Eye hasn't gotten past one blinking light while charging on the Ronin SC2.  6 hours now.

Did you ever figure this out?

I just bought a RavenEye and having this exact problem.
Left on charge overnight. One blinking light at the start. It chart charge at all.

I’m using the right USB C Port. The one with the lightning next to it.

It’s incredibly frustrating.

Edit: figured it out. You have to turn on the device and leave it on before charging. Once left on and plugged in, I got 40% charge in 30min. One thing I've also noticed is that you it stops charging when my phone disconnects from the Raveneye, so for now i have to leave my phone connected.
2023-7-28
Use props
NANI WISHWA
New

India

Raveneye getting overheated. How to stop it from overheating
1-1 21:10
Use props
Raphaël Casassus
New

France

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-17 03:48

Can I use a charger who has a 5V/1A output ?
1-21 03:01
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Raphaël Casassus Posted at 1-21 03:01
Can I use a charger who has a 5V/1A output ?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. It is recommended to use a 5 V 2 A charger to get the optimal charging performance.
yesterday 04:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules