Pocket 2 - firmware request - Voice recorder
780 14 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172720 ft
Colombia

Hey guys, my name is Santiago from Colombia, i was testing my new pocket 2 today, and i have an idea that can helps to you, i was testing in the street and i was very impressed with the new internal mic and the creator combo mic, and i thought, why dji just give us an option to record just the voice in mp3 (for example) with this amazing mic, for interviews and stuff, i hope you listen my request.
Thanks for listen me!

2020-11-16
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

Pocket 2 - mimo firmware request - Voice recorder

Hey guys, my name is Santiago from Colombia, i was testing my new pocket 2 today, and i have an idea that can helps to you, i was testing in the street and i was very impressed with the new internal mic and the creator combo mic, and i thought, why dji just give us an option to record just the voice in mp3 (for example) with this amazing mic, for interviews and stuff, i hope you listen my request.
Thanks for listen me!
2020-11-16
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I’ll vote for this idea to be incorporated into the Pocket 2. Will have a good appeal and many applications
2020-11-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

... and have an audio meter on the screen when in this mode.  And maybe direct access from that screen to the audio settings.

As the stereo image normally follows the gimbal head (well, the mono image does too) I guess it would be necessary for the gimbal head to lock onto the recenter location.

But one advantage of having the video and the audio both functioning - even if you plan to ditch the video later - is that you can lock the centre of the video image onto a person or stage or whatever, and then even if your hand on the handle moves around a bit, the stereo image (locked to the video direction) doesn't get disturbed.  Well, I guess that could still work if the video part wasn't actually still being recorded.

I started a discussion on the "Taperssection" forums as soon as the Pocket 2 was released - that's where people go to discuss live music and location recording - but although it's had a lot of reads, it's not given rise to any comments yet.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Santiago. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-11-17
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-16 23:34
... and have an audio meter on the screen when in this mode.  And maybe direct access from that screen to the audio settings.

As the stereo image normally follows the gimbal head (well, the mono image does too) I guess it would be necessary for the gimbal head to lock onto the recenter location.

Thanks a lot my friend to answer me, yes, it's true about the gimbal direction of the sound, butd dji matrix technolgy is stereo, not necessary just works the mic when the gimbal is looking at one point, that mic amplifies the sound, but it still records the sound in the other mics, try to walk on the street and the put your headphones to listen the record and you can feel the binaural sound, even the cars behind to your you listen that, in mono mode yes, it only follows the direction of the gimbal, but for interviews for example, mono is enough.

Thanks a lot for answer me!!! Cheers from Colombia, i lived in the Goldie for 8 months, love OZ
2020-11-17
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

Psoon Posted at 11-16 22:24
I’ll vote for this idea to be incorporated into the Pocket 2. Will have a good appeal and many applications

It's true Mr. Soon, thanks a lot for answer me!!!! Have a nice day!
2020-11-17
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 02:12
Hello there Santiago. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks a lot Mr. Moderator, hope that Dji could listen us, is just a software stuff i think, i'll stay tuned!!
2020-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can use VLC to create a wave file from the video file on the card, then delete the video file without even transferring it.  In other words, record as normal and then just throw away the video part later.
2020-11-17
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-17 14:05
You can use VLC to create a wave file from the video file on the card, then delete the video file without even transferring it.  In other words, record as normal and then just throw away the video part later.

Yes, i know that i can export the audio form the videos, but for example in a interview, or conferencess, if you file 1 hour just for the audio, it sized a ton, "who can do more can do less", if the pocket can record video and audio, i dont see the problem just to record the audio! cheers!
2020-11-17
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-17 14:05
You can use VLC to create a wave file from the video file on the card, then delete the video file without even transferring it.  In other words, record as normal and then just throw away the video part later.

In a scenario where the video is not necessary, the storage space used up is the thing to consider here. An audio only file is minimal
2020-11-17
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Santyvelezrpo95 Posted at 11-17 10:12
Thanks a lot my friend to answer me, yes, it's true about the gimbal direction of the sound, butd dji matrix technolgy is stereo, not necessary just works the mic when the gimbal is looking at one point, that mic amplifies the sound, but it still records the sound in the other mics, try to walk on the street and the put your headphones to listen the record and you can feel the binaural sound, even the cars behind to your you listen that, in mono mode yes, it only follows the direction of the gimbal, but for interviews for example, mono is enough.

Thanks a lot for answer me!!! Cheers from Colombia, i lived in the Goldie for 8 months, love OZ

Hello Santiago, I didn’t know that you are able to monitor the sound being recorded during the recording. Are you using the jack on the side of the Do-It-All handle? I’ll try that tonight
2020-11-17
Use props
Santyvelezrpo95
lvl.2
Colombia

Psoon Posted at 11-17 16:57
Hello Santiago, I didn’t know that you are able to monitor the sound being recorded during the recording. Are you using the jack on the side of the Do-It-All handle? I’ll try that tonight

no, no sir, i mean, after when i play the video in the pc, i can hear the binaural sound with my headphones, with the internal mic, i have the do it all handle, but i dont like to much the external mic, i prefer the sound of the internal mic!! have a nice one
2020-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

While I've been impressed with the audio quality of the Pocket 2 (as some may have noticed!), I have come across some oddities which have prompted me to run some measurements.  These indicate - so far - that the device has a pretty good frequency response and no major noise issues, but there is some significant distortion showing up particularly at higher frequencies.  In typical use, it's not likely to be an issue, but I will be running further tests to see if I can pin down where the problem is coming from, and in a day or two I should be able to post the results (together with screen captures etc) in a new thread.
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Santyvelezrpo95 Posted at 11-17 10:15
Thanks a lot Mr. Moderator, hope that Dji could listen us, is just a software stuff i think, i'll stay tuned!!

Hi there Santyvelezrpo95. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules