Battery No Response at All
1120 9 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans785b06f0
lvl.1

Australia

Hello Again,
Following my other post I now have my drone flying and apparently working well.
I got the drone with two batteries, one works well and the other one does nothing, absolutely nothing.
When I say nothing there are no lights and it won't take a charge.
My charger is ok as it charges the good battery no problems.
I have watched lots of videos and read other forum posts but nothing makes any difference.
This drone was hardly ever used.  Probably under an hour total flight time.
It has been stored for a couple of years without being used.

Any ideas how I can wake this battery up?
Thanks
David
2020-11-16
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

If the battery goes into hibernation mode, there is no way to resuscitate the battery, it is due to a long time without checking / charging, more than 2 months without checks

2020-11-17
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

2020-11-17
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please store and maintain the said batteries properly for you to be able to maximize the use of the said batteries. Just a reminder that using  depleted or bloated batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf
2020-11-17
Use props
fans785b06f0
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 02:02
Hello there David. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please store and maintain the said batteries properly for you to be able to maximize the use of the said batteries. Just a reminder that using  depleted or bloated batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf

Hi Everyone,
That is pretty much what I was expecting.
I must say as a newbie to drones I’m surprised these batteries are so easily damaged.
But I understand they are not phone batteries and they must be able to supply a lot of power quickly.
I see new batteries with wide and varied prices with the average being around  $250au
Which is a lot to me seeing how much “baby sitting” they seem to require.
What price should I expect to pay and where should I buy one with some kind of warranty?
For that kind of money if it dies on its own in a couple of months it hardly seems fit for purpose.
Thanks
David
2020-11-18
Use props
fans785b06f0
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 02:02
Hello there David. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please store and maintain the said batteries properly for you to be able to maximize the use of the said batteries. Just a reminder that using  depleted or bloated batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf

Hi Everyone,
That is pretty much what I was expecting.
I must say as a newbie to drones I’m surprised these batteries are so easily damaged.
But I understand they are not phone batteries and they must be able to supply a lot of power quickly.
I see new batteries with wide and varied prices with the average being around  $250au
Which is a lot to me seeing how much “baby sitting” they seem to require.
What price should I expect to pay and where should I buy one with some kind of warranty?
For that kind of money if it dies on its own in a couple of months it hardly seems fit for purpose.
Thanks
David
2020-11-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Buddy of mine got his report card when we were in HS.  It read like this:

D
E
A
D
D

I swear I'm not making this up
2020-11-24
Use props
fans785b06f0
lvl.1

Australia

I'd focus on the A if I was him.
I'm going to fly around on my one good battery!
2020-11-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

He got the A in Gym.  :-D  
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules