RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE DEVICE
12Next >
74357 47 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kayway
lvl.1
United States

There is probably another thread on here similar to this.  Was unable to find it though.  I just bought the Mini 2.  I'm trying to pair it with a samsung 10 note+.  I've installed and uninstalled DJI Fly a couple of time.   I've tried mixing up the sequence for powering up and down the drone and the rc.  I've also tried 2 phones with no luck.  Any help is apprecieated.  I've got other drones, but this is my first DJI, and I'm excited to get it going.  I've looked on other forums for answer, but have not found anything that solves the problem.  Again thank you from a newbie.

2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Kayway, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. I appreciate the steps you have done trying to resolve the issue. Have you tried to a different cable if you have an extra to connect the RC and the smartphone. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales service to you.

You can refer to this link to contact our DJI support. Proper resolution will be provided. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Thank you for understanding and I apologize for the inconvenience.
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Try a different cable
2020-11-17
Use props
kayway
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all. Is the remote control input slot a usb c cable as well?  I don't have it in front of me right now.  Will pick one up on the way home.
2020-11-17
Use props
adynis_2
lvl.1
Romania

I had the same issue (when first installed Mini 2) with a Samsung galaxy s10.
Solution : rotate the USB-C connector which enters in the phone by 180 degrees !
Also now, if i put the cable like in the dji presenting images, it doesn't work, i need to rotate it and it works immediately. Probably USB-C to USB-C cable has such a limitation
2020-11-19
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

A significant drawback of the USB-C (m) connector is that it gets clogged with dust, and when the connector is attached, it is compacted in layers, then this causes some connectors to not be able to fully insert and will ensure all electrical connections. You can check for dirt around the perimeter of the USB-C (m) connector and clean it with a split wooden toothpick.
2020-11-19
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.1

United States

Same here, except with a LG Aristo 2 Plus.  And with a 15% restocking fee on them at Best Buy I'm stuck with this paper weight.  Here I was thinking it was because of my phone being 32bit, but now God (and some I phone using programer) only knows.
2020-11-20
Use props
Sharpedge
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just got a new Mini 2 and after 6 hrs of fault finding and I can't get a screen device connected to the controller. Have tried a Galaxy Note 10 (Android 10), Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9), Galaxy Tab S5e (Android 10) and an iPhone 6e (IOS 14.2). DJI Fly app installed and login info accepted. Still the dredded 'RC not connected to mobile device'.

Turn on controller, connect phone/tab, open up dji fly app and power on drone. Any number of cables connected in any number or orientations and still no connection between RC and phone. The drone connects to the controller but not the phone/tab. I have set up the link between the controller and the drone several times, even after this.....nothing, the phone/tab is just not connecting. Have USB debugging enabled on android phone and tab and have set to only charge device, no file sharing.

I used DJI Assistant 2 to update the controller firmware, the mini 2 is not supported in the app so that still has the factory firmware.  Even after the update to the controller firmware it will not connect to the phone/tab.

When I plug any of the phones or tab into a PC I get a USB Debugging notification and have the option to change from charging only, file sharing and others.  When I plug the phone into the RC I get no notification at all.  There is no power going from the RC to the phone.  The supplied USB-C to USB-C cable can be used with a power bank to charge the phone so it should work with the RC.  I'm certain I read that there is no option to turn off charging for Android devices, if this is the case the USB-C port on the RC must be faulty.  If I connect the phone to the USB_C port on the base of the RC I get the notification.  This was the only time I tried the lower port, all other testing to connect was done using the USB-C port at the top of the RC.

What am I missing?

2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_EKuDtwki99N2
New

Malaysia

Hi i have the same problem using samsung S10 plus. Its stuck in connecting to RC screen and I cant fly my drone. please help. tq
2020-11-21
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I have the Samsung S8+ and didn't notice any problem such as described.
2020-11-21
Use props
fans7d35b4fe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105528 ft
Romania

wrong posting .... sorry, To be deleted
2020-11-21
Use props
adynis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105528 ft
Romania

Very strange ....
Like I wrote above ... I had this issue and for ~1h I struggled to make it connect for the 1st time ...
I wanted now to make a quick test to confirm here what is working and what is not working for me but now ... everything works .... :-|
-> Samsung Galaxy S10 plus
First time:
- I tried with and without USB debugging
- I tried with and without Charging only
- I tried to start & connect in various orders (1st RC and after phone, viceversa, etc)
- I tried to restart phone
nothing worked until I rotated the USB-C connector in the phone

Now:
It's connecting immediately regardless the USB-C rotation (??!?!wtf .. how !!?!?) , regardless the settings of the USB (charging only, debuging ...)... it just works .... :-|

There are 2 things I have in mind as being different now from the first time:
- When I succeeded to connect, I applied all firmware updates recommended by the app ...
- now the RC is battery full ....
I don't know what blocks the connection on USB between the phone and the RC ....
2020-11-21
Use props
kayway
lvl.1
United States

Buying a new cable solved the problem.  Shame it was shipped with faulty equipment.  works great now!
2020-11-22
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.1

United States

adynis Posted at 11-21 13:57
Very strange ....
Like I wrote above ... I had this issue and for ~1h I struggled to make it connect for the 1st time ...
I wanted now to make a quick test to confirm here what is working and what is not working for me but now ... everything works .... :-|

Unfortunately in my case, a couple of my android devices are micro usb, so I've already tried "different" cables.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_caU3SQqLFLG6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39485 ft

Canada

I am a total noob and spent yesterday troubleshooting this issue in Android. The Solution? Make sure you are plugged into the right side port on the controller. I was plugged into the left side, tried everything, and finally tried the right side. Instantly fixed the problem.
2020-12-2
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_caU3SQqLFLG6 Posted at 12-2 16:01
I am a total noob and spent yesterday troubleshooting this issue in Android. The Solution? Make sure you are plugged into the right side port on the controller. I was plugged into the left side, tried everything, and finally tried the right side. Instantly fixed the problem.

Yes, the left side has no connection, it is just a dummy port to hold the cable when closed!
2020-12-3
Use props
fans444c0ede
New

United States

adynis_2 Posted at 11-19 18:59
I had the same issue (when first installed Mini 2) with a Samsung galaxy s10.
Solution : rotate the USB-C connector which enters in the phone by 180 degrees !
Also now, if i put the cable like in the dji presenting images, it doesn't work, i need to rotate it and it works immediately. Probably USB-C to USB-C cable has such a limitation

Wow  I had the same problem.  Now I am connected and upgrading firmware. Making progress!
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_0yRhGndmBFeb
New
Canada

Hi, its a weird thing! I have a samsung 9 and a Huawei P20 Pro. They both work on my mini 1, they both worked on my mini 2 until today. My P20 all of a sudden would not pair with the mini2.  I tried all sorts of things like the OP, but still could not get it to connect to RC. Then I saw I was not logged into the account on my P20 so i logged in thinking this must be it.. but nope.  So then I tried the S9 and BOOM, screen fills up with what it should see.  Anyways, Im frustrated. Obviously not the cable. Im stumped.
2021-5-12
Use props
Renne
New

Brazil

I FOUND MY SOLUTION

I have looked over internet for a solution and it was very hard to find it. It seems most of  the problems were actually the connection between RC and Drone. But my problem and also some fellows here, it was the connection btw RC and Mobile Phone. Read so many stuff about so many cases and I found out two reasons for this problem.

First Reason
Dust or mini pieces of jeans, fabric or anything interrupting the connection btw cable and phone. Either on port of remote control or mobile port. My case, I use Samsung with USB-C. So I grabbed a little brush from my beard machine and rubbed inside the port to clean up. For some people it did work but was not my case.

Second Reason
Some problem of firmware, but how to upgrade if my RC doesn't connect to my phone. That was something! After many tries, I plugged my RC on the adapter to charge and I used the second port on RC, connecting my phone to the USB on RC while charging. When my RC battery reached 66% suddenly my phone got connected. But then I turned it off, battery was already 65%, and turned on again and it didn't connect anymore. So thats how figured out it was something to do with the RC battery. So I plugged, when it reached out 66% it connected again. I did the firmware updates and it fixed the problem. What a hustle! In the end it seems it was a firmware bug! Not your fault but DJI's.

I hope that helps you as did for me!
Best luck!
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_1Zdjz62QrWiH
New

United States

Mine had this issue - it was a bad cable to the phone
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_8MbQN5E49a4L
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-17 06:36
Hi Kayway, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. I appreciate the steps you have done trying to resolve the issue. Have you tried to a different cable if you have an extra to connect the RC and the smartphone. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales service to you.

You can refer to this link to contact our DJI support. Proper resolution will be provided. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

I have a similar problem. I'm using a cubot phone and suspect that maybe it's not compatible ? I can record but sometimes can't view through the phone screen , cannot choose the resolution or FPS, no quikshot or RTH. I ve tried different ways to contact DJI with no reply, it seems their after sales are not bothered. If you could give me some advice it would be very helpful  
2021-7-13
Use props
Applindis
New

United States

I had a similar problem and I went through everything to figure out what was wrong.  Turns out that I failed to notice that on the controller the plug you use to tap into your phone has to be the right usb plug and not the left.  I didn't even know there was a dummy plug to put the other side in for storage.  I was trying to connect to my phone with the usb c plugged into the dummy port and it threw me for a couple hours.  thought I was going to have to send in my drone haha.
2021-7-14
Use props
Himadri2021
New
India

Hi everyone, i got Mavic Mini last October, i tested it, was working perfectly. However, yesterday i updated firmware for both aircaft and controller using MAVIC Assistant (through PC). Now i am also facing similar issue, - RC Not Connected to Mobile. I have tested on iPad Pro, Galaxy Fold Z, Samsung M31, Vivo S16 and MI using DJI Fly App. nothing seems working. Have twice done pairing between Remote Controller and Aircarft. Kindly help.
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_HxFkgb9toilP
New
United States

OMG!  I'm a "Noob" too!   I spent hours trying to troubleshoot this issue, only to find out I was plugged into the wrong port!  D'oh!
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_zqPbQcSZt3ML
New

Australia

Hi DJI,
Just bought the mini SE and I have a RC connection issues I have replaced the cable at it is still occurring can you suggest my next step please
Tony
2021-9-2
Use props
djiuser_ALY6vgBKHhbw
New

Maldives

Renne Posted at 6-4 05:12
I FOUND MY SOLUTION

I have looked over internet for a solution and it was very hard to find it. It seems most of  the problems were actually the connection between RC and Drone. But my problem and also some fellows here, it was the connection btw RC and Mobile Phone. Read so many stuff about so many cases and I found out two reasons for this problem.

My problem was related to the second reason. Using a samsung S7 edge
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_gPI0HnNaoK5T
New

Jamaica

I am having the same problem with the dji Air2s I need some assistance the gimbal works but having no connection from the phone to the remote
2021-9-12
Use props
BrokeTraveller
New

United States

Just bought a Mini 2 and having the same problem with Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra
2021-10-29
Use props
BrokeTraveller
New

United States

djiuser_HxFkgb9toilP Posted at 8-23 05:27
OMG!  I'm a "Noob" too!   I spent hours trying to troubleshoot this issue, only to find out I was plugged into the wrong port!  D'oh!

LOL...same here!  Thanks bro!
2021-10-29
Use props
Varpen
New
Norway

Hi!

I just bought a new Air 2s and the remote wont connect to my Iphone 12 pro.. it connects with usb-c - usb-c to my ipad pro, and i have tried several usb-c to lightning cables but it just wont connect to my phone. its not that practical using my 12" ipad for controlling the drone out in the field.

ive updated all the firmwares, with dji assistant2, done all the power on routines, three-button link routine, its doesnt help.

does the cable manufacturer make any difference? latest cable i tried was an apple usb-c to lightning.. will it help buying a DJI cable?

pretty annoying problem after spending 1200 bucks on this drone..
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_s7Apx4sG0Jia
New
Philippines

Hi I am also a new DJI Mini 2 user here from the Philippines and having similar problem. I tried uninstalling / installing yet still getting that connection issue. Tried using other cable as well as some of the suggestion here has mentioned. How can I fix this issue. I've bought it just this christmas and have only use it 3x only then issue persist.
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_DzI3gMHSfB2i
New

Philippines

Same comment as the last poster. I bought a DJI mini 2 and tried connecting to both an iPhone and iPad. Always get the “RC not connected to the mobile device” message. What’s the problem? Help.
2022-2-27
Use props
allout1
New

United States

Problem solved, soft of...  I have a mavic air 2, I had not used it for about a month,(no issues prior) when I finally got to use it again I had to download new firmware and my iphone 11 pro max would no longer connect to the RC! I tried everything! so frustrating! I updated my drone with dji assistant 2, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, used different cables,  watched YouTube videos, read these forums and nothing worked! I finally grabbed my work phone, which is an iPhone 12, I downloaded the DJI app, logged in, plugged the phone in and it worked instantly!!!! SO I think it is the port on my phone! It sill charged the phone off the RC so I thought the port worked as it should, apparently I was wrong?  Hope this helps!
2022-4-25
Use props
Andfie
New

United Kingdom

I had this using an iphone XR, the one thing that has worked consistently is putting my phone in flight mode whilst flying,  makes no sense but has worked consistently for me.
2022-6-17
Use props
Jeremy Bastock
New

United Kingdom

Make sure you use the USB to USB cable. I had this issue because I was using the USB to apple lightning cable that was already in the controller. Duh.
2022-6-28
Use props
fans536932f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1036722 ft
United States

Hi i was having the same probkem as everyone on here! It was driving me crazy! Finally i used the cable that came with drone (the short lightning cable that came with it that is wrapped around the phone holder. I flipped the cable around and used the tge other port on the rightside of the controller if your holding it in your hans and left the left port open!     Camera and drone and controller all connected! Everthing is working great!!
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans536932f3 Posted at 11-12 17:26
Hi i was having the same probkem as everyone on here! It was driving me crazy! Finally i used the cable that came with drone (the short lightning cable that came with it that is wrapped around the phone holder. I flipped the cable around and used the tge other port on the rightside of the controller if your holding it in your hans and left the left port open!     Camera and drone and controller all connected! Everthing is working great!!

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-13
Use props
Gustavo Mavic2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44400 ft
Argentina

adynis Posted at 2020-11-21 13:57
Very strange ....

Hola. Tengo el mismo problema con Mavic 2 air y Samsung S21. La diferencia es que hice todo lo que sugiere y no logro conectar el RC con el telefono. El screen dice RC no conectado. gracias
2022-11-17
Use props
djiuser_DM0TlVPiiySS
lvl.1

Poland

let's send it to you then it will come after 1 year how nice I bought dji mini 2 for a month you will still help you drone comes to you then it doesn't come again it's a pity
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_DM0TlVPiiySS Posted at 5-27 09:46
let's send it to you then it will come after 1 year how nice I bought dji mini 2 for a month you will still help you drone comes to you then it doesn't come again it's a pity

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please explain to us further the issue that you having right now on your unit? Are you having issues with an existing repair case? If yes, kindly please provide us with the case number so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules