Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC NOT CONNECTED TO MOBILE DEVICE
3800 18 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kayway
lvl.1
United States

There is probably another thread on here similar to this.  Was unable to find it though.  I just bought the Mini 2.  I'm trying to pair it with a samsung 10 note+.  I've installed and uninstalled DJI Fly a couple of time.   I've tried mixing up the sequence for powering up and down the drone and the rc.  I've also tried 2 phones with no luck.  Any help is apprecieated.  I've got other drones, but this is my first DJI, and I'm excited to get it going.  I've looked on other forums for answer, but have not found anything that solves the problem.  Again thank you from a newbie.

2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Kayway, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. I appreciate the steps you have done trying to resolve the issue. Have you tried to a different cable if you have an extra to connect the RC and the smartphone. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales service to you.

You can refer to this link to contact our DJI support. Proper resolution will be provided. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Thank you for understanding and I apologize for the inconvenience.
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
Captain
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Try a different cable
2020-11-17
Use props
kayway
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all. Is the remote control input slot a usb c cable as well?  I don't have it in front of me right now.  Will pick one up on the way home.
2020-11-17
Use props
adynis_2
lvl.1
Romania

I had the same issue (when first installed Mini 2) with a Samsung galaxy s10.
Solution : rotate the USB-C connector which enters in the phone by 180 degrees !
Also now, if i put the cable like in the dji presenting images, it doesn't work, i need to rotate it and it works immediately. Probably USB-C to USB-C cable has such a limitation
2020-11-19
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

A significant drawback of the USB-C (m) connector is that it gets clogged with dust, and when the connector is attached, it is compacted in layers, then this causes some connectors to not be able to fully insert and will ensure all electrical connections. You can check for dirt around the perimeter of the USB-C (m) connector and clean it with a split wooden toothpick.
2020-11-19
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.2

United States

Same here, except with a LG Aristo 2 Plus.  And with a 15% restocking fee on them at Best Buy I'm stuck with this paper weight.  Here I was thinking it was because of my phone being 32bit, but now God (and some I phone using programer) only knows.
2020-11-20
Use props
Sharpedge
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just got a new Mini 2 and after 6 hrs of fault finding and I can't get a screen device connected to the controller. Have tried a Galaxy Note 10 (Android 10), Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9), Galaxy Tab S5e (Android 10) and an iPhone 6e (IOS 14.2). DJI Fly app installed and login info accepted. Still the dredded 'RC not connected to mobile device'.

Turn on controller, connect phone/tab, open up dji fly app and power on drone. Any number of cables connected in any number or orientations and still no connection between RC and phone. The drone connects to the controller but not the phone/tab. I have set up the link between the controller and the drone several times, even after this.....nothing, the phone/tab is just not connecting. Have USB debugging enabled on android phone and tab and have set to only charge device, no file sharing.

I used DJI Assistant 2 to update the controller firmware, the mini 2 is not supported in the app so that still has the factory firmware.  Even after the update to the controller firmware it will not connect to the phone/tab.

When I plug any of the phones or tab into a PC I get a USB Debugging notification and have the option to change from charging only, file sharing and others.  When I plug the phone into the RC I get no notification at all.  There is no power going from the RC to the phone.  The supplied USB-C to USB-C cable can be used with a power bank to charge the phone so it should work with the RC.  I'm certain I read that there is no option to turn off charging for Android devices, if this is the case the USB-C port on the RC must be faulty.  If I connect the phone to the USB_C port on the base of the RC I get the notification.  This was the only time I tried the lower port, all other testing to connect was done using the USB-C port at the top of the RC.

What am I missing?

2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_EKuDtwki99N2
New

Malaysia

Hi i have the same problem using samsung S10 plus. Its stuck in connecting to RC screen and I cant fly my drone. please help. tq
2020-11-21
Use props
Cients
First Officer
Flight distance : 5392802 ft
Portugal

I have the Samsung S8+ and didn't notice any problem such as described.
2020-11-21
Use props
fans7d35b4fe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28386 ft
Romania

wrong posting .... sorry, To be deleted
2020-11-21
Use props
adynis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28386 ft
Romania

Very strange ....
Like I wrote above ... I had this issue and for ~1h I struggled to make it connect for the 1st time ...
I wanted now to make a quick test to confirm here what is working and what is not working for me but now ... everything works .... :-|
-> Samsung Galaxy S10 plus
First time:
- I tried with and without USB debugging
- I tried with and without Charging only
- I tried to start & connect in various orders (1st RC and after phone, viceversa, etc)
- I tried to restart phone
nothing worked until I rotated the USB-C connector in the phone

Now:
It's connecting immediately regardless the USB-C rotation (??!?!wtf .. how !!?!?) , regardless the settings of the USB (charging only, debuging ...)... it just works .... :-|

There are 2 things I have in mind as being different now from the first time:
- When I succeeded to connect, I applied all firmware updates recommended by the app ...
- now the RC is battery full ....
I don't know what blocks the connection on USB between the phone and the RC ....
2020-11-21
Use props
kayway
lvl.1
United States

Buying a new cable solved the problem.  Shame it was shipped with faulty equipment.  works great now!
2020-11-22
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.2

United States

adynis Posted at 11-21 13:57
Very strange ....
Like I wrote above ... I had this issue and for ~1h I struggled to make it connect for the 1st time ...
I wanted now to make a quick test to confirm here what is working and what is not working for me but now ... everything works .... :-|

Unfortunately in my case, a couple of my android devices are micro usb, so I've already tried "different" cables.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_caU3SQqLFLG6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39485 ft

Canada

I am a total noob and spent yesterday troubleshooting this issue in Android. The Solution? Make sure you are plugged into the right side port on the controller. I was plugged into the left side, tried everything, and finally tried the right side. Instantly fixed the problem.
2020-12-2
Use props
videoeditman
First Officer
Flight distance : 1597566 ft
United States

djiuser_caU3SQqLFLG6 Posted at 12-2 16:01
I am a total noob and spent yesterday troubleshooting this issue in Android. The Solution? Make sure you are plugged into the right side port on the controller. I was plugged into the left side, tried everything, and finally tried the right side. Instantly fixed the problem.

Yes, the left side has no connection, it is just a dummy port to hold the cable when closed!
2020-12-3
Use props
fans444c0ede
New

United States

adynis_2 Posted at 11-19 18:59
I had the same issue (when first installed Mini 2) with a Samsung galaxy s10.
Solution : rotate the USB-C connector which enters in the phone by 180 degrees !
Also now, if i put the cable like in the dji presenting images, it doesn't work, i need to rotate it and it works immediately. Probably USB-C to USB-C cable has such a limitation

Wow  I had the same problem.  Now I am connected and upgrading firmware. Making progress!
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_0yRhGndmBFeb
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, its a weird thing! I have a samsung 9 and a Huawei P20 Pro. They both work on my mini 1, they both worked on my mini 2 until today. My P20 all of a sudden would not pair with the mini2.  I tried all sorts of things like the OP, but still could not get it to connect to RC. Then I saw I was not logged into the account on my P20 so i logged in thinking this must be it.. but nope.  So then I tried the S9 and BOOM, screen fills up with what it should see.  Anyways, Im frustrated. Obviously not the cable. Im stumped.
5-12 16:18
Use props
Renne
lvl.1

Brazil

I FOUND MY SOLUTION

I have looked over internet for a solution and it was very hard to find it. It seems most of  the problems were actually the connection between RC and Drone. But my problem and also some fellows here, it was the connection btw RC and Mobile Phone. Read so many stuff about so many cases and I found out two reasons for this problem.

First Reason
Dust or mini pieces of jeans, fabric or anything interrupting the connection btw cable and phone. Either on port of remote control or mobile port. My case, I use Samsung with USB-C. So I grabbed a little brush from my beard machine and rubbed inside the port to clean up. For some people it did work but was not my case.

Second Reason
Some problem of firmware, but how to upgrade if my RC doesn't connect to my phone. That was something! After many tries, I plugged my RC on the adapter to charge and I used the second port on RC, connecting my phone to the USB on RC while charging. When my RC battery reached 66% suddenly my phone got connected. But then I turned it off, battery was already 65%, and turned on again and it didn't connect anymore. So thats how figured out it was something to do with the RC battery. So I plugged, when it reached out 66% it connected again. I did the firmware updates and it fixed the problem. What a hustle! In the end it seems it was a firmware bug! Not your fault but DJI's.

I hope that helps you as did for me!
Best luck!
6-4 05:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules