Osmo pocket - connecting to smartphone via cable on extension rod?
2180 5 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leptic
lvl.1
Germany

Hi...

I like to connect the DJI Osmo Pocket with my Smartphone when using the extension rod.

It is possible with the following setup:
  • Using DJI Osmo Pocket with the extension rod.
  • Connecting the Wifi/Bluetooth module to the DJI Osmo Pocket
  • Connecting the smartphone with the DJI Osmo Pocket via WiFi.

The problem is, that the connection is not the best. The transmission is sometimes lagging.
Using the WiFi module is consuming more battery.

My idea ist to connect the DJI Osmo Pocket via cable instead. But unfortunately I was not successful.
Is that even possible? Any tips?

2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Leptic, my apologies this has caused you and thank you for reaching us out. The Osmo Pocket Extension Rod can be used with a smartphone wirelessly connected to the Osmo Pocket. I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-17
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

One observation I have on using the extension rod + WiFi Module - Using my OP1 with WiFi module, DJI extension rod, and iPhone XS Max - if the OP is in close to the phone (i.e., rod is extended less than 4"), then I get a lot of display jutter, lag and cut-outs on the phone, both in 2.4 & 5GHz. Move the OP about 4" out (or more) and it works perfectly. I've also used a cable from the phone to the OP (no WiFi module) and it works great, too.
2020-11-17
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

It could be that your cable is a "charging" cable and doesn't transmit data.

I would take the Pocket and extension rod to a shop and try a couple different USB-C cables.

BTW -  What phone are you using?
2020-11-17
Use props
Leptic
lvl.1
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 11-17 13:30
It could be that your cable is a "charging" cable and doesn't transmit data.

I would take the Pocket and extension rod to a shop and try a couple different USB-C cables.

Im using Pixel 3a XL. But thanks for the tipp with the cable
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_JpljR1fBeS9e
New

United States

Leptic Posted at 11-17 23:19
Im using Pixel 3a XL. But thanks for the tipp with the cable

What type of cable are you using?
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced