Cine and Sport Mode on Mini 2
13466 9 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homer Chip
lvl.1

Russia

I’m really enjoying my Mini 2 on Cine Mode. It’s just the right speed for me and it gives my videos a more dramatic appeal to it specially when I’m trying to capture beautiful landscapes! Also it’s the easiest of the three modes to use since it’s the slowest, though I really want to be good at recording videos on Sport Mode. As of now my videos appear quite jerky when I’m flying fast. Any tips on how I can improve the quality of my videos in Sport Mode? I really need them! Thanks!

2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

If you're comfortable with cine mode, great, use it! My tip is, do not spin in sports mode, not a good combo.
2020-11-17
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I can say is practice, practice, practice. I would spend time flying around a large park and not trying to film anything. Just get the hang of controlling the drone. Then after a while you can start filming subjects with better control and movement.

One thing that might help you also is that you can film in 60fps (Only in FHD) and then in post you can cut the speed down to 30fps to give your footage a nice slower motion effect. Just a thought.
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 11-17 10:42
All I can say is practice, practice, practice. I would spend time flying around a large park and not trying to film anything. Just get the hang of controlling the drone. Then after a while you can start filming subjects with better control and movement.

One thing that might help you also is that you can film in 60fps (Only in FHD) and then in post you can cut the speed down to 30fps to give your footage a nice slower motion effect. Just a thought.

great tips!
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Homer Chip, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your feedback to Mini 2. Way to go, keep up the good work! Let's wait for the recommendation from the members of this community. They will surely share to you some tips. Always fly safe! Thank you for your support.
2020-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In sports mode the video will look a bit jerky.
That is how it was programmed.
So you need to be very careful with the controls!
2020-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fly slower and things will be better,  just dont push the right stick forward as much.
2020-11-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you adjust the yaw sensitivity in the app for each flight mode to your liking
2020-11-19
Use props
Homer Chip
lvl.1

Russia

Thanks guys, those tips really helped! I'm now getting the hang of it!
2020-11-25
Use props
Lizard King
lvl.2
Germany

Also: The faster you fly the more distance is covered between each frame of the video. To make this look smooth you need a slower shutter speed. This will introduce some motion blur wich results in a more natural and less "stuttery" looking video. The same principle applies to the speed of turns. If you record at 30 fps the ideal shutter speed is 1/60. To achieve this on a sunny day you will have to use ND filters (ND 8 or ND 16 during daylight).
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules