5 easy UX improvements that would raise value of Pocket 2 on market
696 5 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omox
lvl.1
Poland

Gimbal mode indicator in top bar
Pocket 2 is a camera with gimbal integrated but during operation there is no information about what gimbal mode (Tilt Locked, FPV, Follow) is currently in use - it is very easy to implement by adding additional icon in top bar. I always struggle and have to cycle through all modes to be able to confirm what mode the gimbal currently is in.
Focus Mode indication
During filming it is hard to tell what Focus mode we actually are in in that moment. It would by extremely helpful if some kind of icon in top bar indicates that we are in AF Single or AF Continuois mode. I lost a lot of footage because I thought that I was in Continuous but in fact I had forgotten to switch back from Single.

Focus confirmation
On so small screen no one is able to tell if the focus was properly set, it is particuraly important because of quite long minimal focus distance of the lens - I have ended up with lots of focus error in my footage because I set camera too close to the subject. It wolud be nice to have focus confirmation for manual and auto focus modes. It could be implemented by adding a green dot (standard implementation in photo cameras confirming that focus was set) or by changing the color of focus bracket to green for a second when focus is set properly or to red when focusing failed.

Timelapse and MotionLapse in 4K
This two modes are probably made of using multiple single frames. I guess they are ordinary photos taken in specific intervals. Actually photos that Pocket 2 can take are of 16 Mpix - why then can't we have them compiled into 4K video? It would be a huge improvement and additional value for customers. If it is possoble to have Hyperlapse in 4K I would be more than happy!

Configurable side button
Since we can turn Pocket 2 on by pressing mode button for 2 seconds coult it be possible that we have side button short click programmable. Yes I know that it needs somewhat more coding but it would be awesome to be able to use this button to change AF mode, directinal microphone modes, gimbal speed modes, stereo/mono modes, iwind noise reduction mode during recording by short pressing this button. First tye user should configure what function short click on side button should toggle and then during recording thos button would toggle through this specific options. For example - If I configure it to toggle AF modes then during recording by short pressing side button I'd switch between AF Single<-> AF Continuous.

There my personal wish list that, I think, can very easily be implemented only by some easy coding. Hope someone from DJI will consider adding them in one of future firmware updates.

2020-11-17
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Hyperlapse 4K video is already supported.
2020-11-17
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI should not just take note of owners inputs and suggestions but the fact that we are taking this not just as a gimmicky toy. Many owners use the Pocket seriously unlike most smartphones users that simply use them to take videos to quickly share on social media hence the prevalence of portrait mode videos.Ideas and suggestions put forth here in this forums of late are not outlandish or pipe dreams. I think about the only thing that holds back the implementation of some features is the additional heat generated. We all have noticed how warm it gets under some extended use.
I myself can't recall the last time a new purchase has given me such satisfaction as my new Pocket 2
2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there omox. Thank you for sharing these information with us and your valued insights with regards to this matter. These information is well noted. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.
2020-11-17
Use props
fans13f043a4
lvl.1
Poland

Tide Posted at 11-17 15:22
Hyperlapse 4K video is already supported.

You are right indeed - my bad. Thanks for correcting me.
2020-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good points!
2020-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now