with a rotating camera, can cause loss of orientation
1823 6 2014-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rizal
lvl.1

Indonesia

Are Inspire 1 has more than one video input? so that it can send different image to the pilot (FPV) and other images to the cameraman (Video Angle) in the same time

If only one video image, will make the pilot confused when camera on rotating position, especially when shooting in tight places or flight far from sight

2014-11-21
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

From what I have read, there is only the one camera and there is not a way to send a second signal from a fixed camera (for the pilot).  But I agree, if the camera is rotating, the pilot could be come disoriented.  In such cases, it is probably best to keep a line of sight on the copter.  Of course, the map view can help with orientation but it won't necessarily help in tight spots.
2014-11-21
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

For sakes of this 3k investment one could  always fly in one direct and turn the camera any way one wants ..Then just pull the stick back  or left right the opposite  direction of current heading to come back to home range.
I tend to fly straight flight plans when doing shoots only changing elevation if needed..
I see no need to fly radically when doing camera shoots  or stills.

Simple solution use ground station and just operate the camera solo.
Or fly one direction filming with tilt only and hit return home and operate both cam functions land,and  setup for next camera shot. I take no chances with this investment .

2014-11-24
Use props
enneagram74
New

United States

you are making me nervous!
2014-12-8
Use props
rizal
lvl.1

Indonesia

enneagram74 Posted at 2014-12-9 14:42
you are making me nervous!

don't nervous,  good pilot, just look to the aircraft's and kept position.
Leave the camera controls to cameraman (co-pilot)
2014-12-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew last week with a camera op.  I flew only line of sight and watched the copter not the screen.  
2014-12-9
Use props
enneagram74
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-10 00:23
I flew last week with a camera op.  I flew only line of sight and watched the copter not the screen. ...

Thanks Risal,

I will confess that with that Phantom, when losing sight,  I have at times resorted  to the camera view. The Inspire camera can be pointing anywhere and will not help.
Good argument for a second operator.

Best

Andrea
2014-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules