Gimbol Motor Overload
2355 15 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillieWanka
New

United States

Been flying RC copters for a few years, yes, still a newbie.  Two days old into my first quadro copter, Phantom 3 professional. Absolutely amazing and a lot of fun.  Ever since I turned it on I have been having a message on my Ipad.  It says "Gimbal Motor Overload."  WTF can I do about it. There doesn't seem to be any affect while flying and recording to this warning.  What does the warning  mean?  Little help please.
2015-6-28
Use props
AirWizard
lvl.2

United States

I adjusted the arm that connects the gimbal to the anti vibration plate. I could see where it was rubbing. loosen the little black set screw on the arm and adjust. solved my warning.
2015-6-28
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

happened to me, you can see it at the end of my video here
2015-6-28
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

AirWizard Posted at 2015-6-28 22:08
I adjusted the arm that connects the gimbal to the anti vibration plate. I could see where it was ru ...

I have had this warning pop up once yesterday. I power cycled and it went away. I have had my Phantom since the first of May with 75 plus flights. No other issues with the gimbal until yesterday.
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current position which can be deadly.

2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 14:07
Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current pos ...

I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feature will just land.  Check your manual to see the distance you must be.

-Dog
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 14:44
I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feat ...

I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual position then it should RTH. It worked in the past with the same distance. Regardless of that I can't have a RTH function that does something completely different. If it can't execute the RTH function then it should have a warning "can't execute due to minimum range" or so but not just landing. That's weird.
2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 15:58
I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual ...

From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work correctly.

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 15:58
I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual ...

There is no minimum range . That behavior in your video is not ideal.
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-6-29 16:32
There is no minimum range . That behavior in your video is not ideal.

From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work correctly. In your second attempt to RTH your pilot app shows the distance at 11.5M. That would be to close. Try it at 50M or 60M out just to be sure. Read this post http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... t-gps-signal.42991/

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
js1
lvl.1

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 16:38
From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work ...

As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence for any minimum distance. If this would be really the case it should be in the manual.
2015-6-29
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Only time I get gimble motor overload is when I try to take off in grass and it stops the gimble from initalizing..  set it on a piece of board if you take off from grass and things like it so nothing touches the gimble or camera. Like the grass
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 16:51
As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence f ...

Just try it at 50 meters out, both of your attempts to RTH your distance shows no more than 11.5M. That's not that far just over 30ft.  I had the same problem when I first go mine and thought something was wrong and I read that it can't be to close to the home point.  I tried it further out  and it works perfect just not close to the home point. Sorry about the link it's off DJI's site so I guess it's un permitted. Try this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-18967-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

The distance is a 20 meter radius.

If it is within that radius when RTH starts, it will ALWAYS go straight down. So far no one can figure out how to change that radius.

Mine almost went straight down into a canal, but as soon as I saw it start going down I disengaged the RTH.
2015-6-29
Use props
KaosImagery
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495463 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-29 16:52
Only time I get gimble motor overload is when I try to take off in grass and it stops the gimble fro ...

Interesting....I've taken off from grass alot and never had that happen.....UNTIL....my iPad updated the Pilot app.  Still on FW 1.1.9.  Only happened when I first turned the P3 on.  I picked it up, set it back down and the message went away.

Tried landing, shutting the motors off, turning them on and taking off, it didn't happen again.  Maybe a bug in the app?
2015-6-29
Use props
bigjim
New
Flight distance : 3314 ft
United States

Hello just a quick update all in 1. first my gimble overload ,vps  and errors to upgrade after I did to the latest 1.2.8 all went away when I removed
the app for android 1.2.0 back to 1.1.0  went out and my advanced ph3 was perfect once again. No I don't have the hot chick talking to me telling me to ck statis of aircraft and or tell me
the aircraft will return to home and all that cool stuff but I no longer have any problems as of right now. And all is working GREAT for the first time. A few more flights and we will see if it stays that way. DO MISS THE COOL CHICK SOME!!
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules