IPhone 6 and CPU problems? Advice please.
845 4 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans057f643f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54820 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I’d be grateful for some tech advice. I got my Mini 2 yesterday and have an iPhone 6 that up to now has had no problems doing what I need it to do.
When I got to the stage of my first flight I had a warning on the Fly app about CPU and that it might not be safe to continue. The drone took off and hovered but to be on the safe side I landed and switched off.
Does anyone know if this is a significant problem? As I just spent a lot on the drone I’m not keen on dishing out a lot more money on a new iPhone just yet. Can I optimise the phone to divert most of its CPU to the drone whilst in use? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
2020-11-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

With all due respect, it’s time to get a new device if your serious about this hobby.  This is coming from someone who championed an iPhone 6 for a loooonnnggg time....
2020-11-18
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-18 06:30
With all due respect, it’s time to get a new device if your serious about this hobby.  This is coming from someone who championed an iPhone 6 for a loooonnnggg time....

Turns out you were correct. Maiden flight just 15 ft in the air the drone decided to cut out and drop to the floor without warning. Used sons iPhone 7 without problems. Gimbal has taken a knock so will have to see how it goes. New phone on order.
2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
2020-11-18
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi according to this I should be able to use my current phone as it has iOS version 12 (you state that V11 or above is OK). In this case could it be that I have a faulty drone? If so how do I test and arrange a replacement if that is the case?

Thank you
2020-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules