Anker 10000mah for 6hrs at 4k 60fps enough?
1556 8 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi

I intend to record for 6 hours max at 4k 60fps was wondering if a Anker 10000mah bank would do it?  Im not sure if I work this out correct but the standard battery is 1300mah and gives me 1 hour 7 min at 4k 60fps, If I times 1300 x 6 its 7,800, lets say 8000mah is used, would the 2000mah left deal with the screen being on and off, cold temps, or should I be safe and go for a 13000mah?

Thanks.
Dan

2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( powerbank )  for the DJI Osmo Action. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Action and are using this power supply. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like powerbanks on your DJI Osmo Action. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition, using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI Osmo Action and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.
2020-11-18
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Dan,

the current while recording, without streaming, at the USB power input is around 700 mA.  Tested with no battery inserted. So your 10.000 mAh powerbank may reach for nearly 15 hours...
2020-11-19
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Helmut Ruch Posted at 11-19 05:51
Hi Dan,

the current while recording, without streaming, at the USB power input is around 700 mA.  Tested with no battery inserted. So your 10.000 mAh powerbank may reach for nearly 15 hours...

thank for confirming this.  I assume when you have battery in it's not constantly charging it, or do you leave it out when using a power bank?

Dan
2020-11-19
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

Rectro30 Posted at 11-19 06:05
thank for confirming this.  I assume when you have battery in it's not constantly charging it, or do you leave it out when using a power bank?

Dan

I use the OA with an iSteady pro gimbal, the gimbal works as powerbank. When the gimbals battery is empty, the camera with inserted battery still is at 100%. It seems to me that the cameras battery is not used in this case.
2020-11-19
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bear in mind you don't get to use the full 10000mah,only about 8000 would be usable
2020-11-19
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I lose 2000, how come?  If I can get 6hr with the occasional screen use Im happy. Il get it tomorrow and will let you know.  I got the Anker power core II 10000mah.
Dan

2020-11-19
Use props
Rectro30
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Here is an update for anyone that's interested.

I got the Anker power core II 10000mah.  It was much smaller than I had thought it would be.  

Day 1:  Test 4k 60fps, screen off after 1min. Indoors.

The 256gb card was used up holding 5hr 40min.  It used half the power bank, that's 4 lights going out of 8.
I did get heating warnings on screen when I turned it on a few times, but it never shut down the camera.
I was very happy with these results.

Day 2: 4k 25fps screen off. Indoors, Ext mic used.

Again the 256gb card fully used up, but still, only recorded 5hr 40min?  No heat issues at all.  Only used 2 lights of 8.

Day 2: 4k 25fps front screen on full time, ext mic used.  Indoors.  

same as the last test but used 4 of 8 lights on powercore, still only half power used.  No heat issues.

Day 3: 4k 25fps front screen on full time Outdoors. (cold temps can drain batt faster)

Results to come.
2020-12-2
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

I use external powerbank with the OA and i wanted to record continuous for longer periods but the damm OA overheat and I have to stop recording and wait for it to cool off. OA its far from being a good action camera if you need to use it more intensively
2020-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules