"Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message
18135 27 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MotoRef FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183665 ft
United States

I am getting these "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages when flying my less than 1 month old Mavic Air 2.  I get this message on my iPhone 7, (Year 2017) 128GB with 34GB free and my iPad Pro 9.7" (Year 2016), 128GB with 64GB Free.  On both devices... I have no other applications open or active. Just the DJI Fly App. Is it possible these two apple devices are simply too old to deal with the latest DJI App? DJI's website says the DJI Fly App is compatible with both devices which also have the latest IOS.  Mystery? DJI can you please comment? Thanks.

2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MotoRef FPV. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-11-18
Use props
MotoRef FPV
lvl.1
United States

Hi DJI Steven, thanks for your feedback. I will make the video adjustments you suggested tomorrow (as its 1:12am here right now) and post the results here afterwards.  Thanks again for the help!
2020-11-18
Use props
MotoRef FPV
lvl.1
United States

Hi DJI Steven, I did some testing today.

On the Camera Tab in the DJI Fly App, I have two options at the bottom of the menu relating to Cache.  1) "Cache When Recording" which is a toggle to enable/disable this feature.....and 2) "Max Video Cache Capacity" which has 5 settings to choose from;  2GB, 4 GB, 8GB, 16GB, and AUTO. Originally (when I first added my post above), the "Cache When Recording" was enabled and the "Max Video Cache Capacity" setting was set at 2GB.

So I changed the "Max Video Cache Capacity" setting to AUTO per your request.  After that, the Mavic Air 2 (MA2) was powered up, the controller was powered up, and the iPad was connected to the MA2 via the DJI Fly App.... I received the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message immediately.  The MA2 blades weren't even spinning at this point. I hadn't even attempted to take off.  

I then cycled power on the iPad to ensure nothing was operating in the background, connected to the MA2 again with no sign of the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message.  I then took took off and flew the MA2 around for a minute or two and the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message appeared again.  I brought eh MA2 home and landed.

I then searched around on the internet for a way to observe my iPad's CPU usage and found a free App called "Lirum Device Info", downloaded and installed it.

I then fired up the DJI Fly App, connected to the MA2 and took off for another flight.  I noticed the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." popped again so I quickly switched over to the "Lirum Device Info" App and observed the CPU usage was certainly elevated as shown here:

I noticed the CPU would eventually calm back down... and then eventually, the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message would appear again. Not sure why. Nothing else on the iPad was running.

The iPad was connected to my home Wifi as you can see.... so I thought that might have something to do with it so I turned off WIFI and continued to fly. Occasionally I would look at the CPU during flight to see how active it was and there were times when the CPU was elevated, but perhaps not elevated enough (or long enough) to trigger the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." message.  At this point, I had burned through all of my MA2 batteries and didn't get significant flight time with the iPad WIFI turned off to really test this condition. I'll will certainly pickup where I left off this weekend with the testing.

An interesting thought I had regarding the Video Cache settings,.... at no point since I have been getting these "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages have I ever even recorded any video footage with the MA2 during flight.  So why would the Video Cache have anything to do with the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages if those features aren't even being utilized?

Ok DJI Stephen, like I said, I'll continue my testing this weekend and post back here any results.  In the meantime, please give me your thoughts on what I came up with above so far.

Many thanks for your help!

2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_uFTVzO3i6esp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 973835 ft
Spain

DJI Stephen,
Any thoughts on how to resolve this problem..
I am running IPad 7th generation,128GB ..Same problem, which did not manifest itself when I acquired my first drone back in October..
One precaution I always took,due using in Brunei,with daily temps of 32C+ and full sun,was to keep the iPad next to a cool pack in my kit bag,until I needed it..
As a quick reaction,I keep my Sony Xperia ready,with the cable on standby,to do a fast swap in case of loss of iPad usage..
2021-2-4
Use props
StEx
lvl.1

Italy

I have the same problem since last DJI Go4 update!
2021-2-22
Use props
StEx
lvl.1

Italy

"An interesting thought I had regarding the Video Cache settings,.... at no point since I have been getting these "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages have I ever even recorded any video footage with the MA2 during flight.  So why would the Video Cache have anything to do with the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages if those features aren't even being utilized?"

Video cache has nothing to do with this problem when you're not recording (and is disabled on my P4 Pro).
DJI app update is the cause of the problem.
2021-2-22
Use props
lherba
lvl.1
Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElNZXuNGu8w&t=130s
2021-3-19
Use props
lherba
lvl.1
Spain

StEx Posted at 2-22 08:27
"An interesting thought I had regarding the Video Cache settings,.... at no point since I have been getting these "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages have I ever even recorded any video footage with the MA2 during flight.  So why would the Video Cache have anything to do with the "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded....." messages if those features aren't even being utilized?"

Video cache has nothing to do with this problem when you're not recording (and is disabled on my P4 Pro).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElNZXuNGu8w&t=130s
2021-3-19
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

I’m not sure my situation is the same as yours.  I got that exact message when using a first gen iPad mini with 16 Gig of memory (I got it free). I bought a 5th gen iPad mini with 64 Gig and never saw the message again. I really didn’t change anything else.
2021-3-19
Use props
Dave R J
New
Australia

Hi
I have just purchased a Mavic air 2. On about the 3rd flight, ( and first after updating Firmware) I get the "mobile device fully loaded warning". This is on a recently new refried Iphone 7, Iphone 6 and iPad mini 3.
It is apparent that there are many people with both the fly app and the Go app that are experiencing this problem and with a variety of drones.

To say I am pretty disappointed would be an understatement.

Having trawled through a number of forums I can not find any info on a fix fro this issue.

How do you get any support from DJI. I feel like I have just spent nearly $2000 for a drone I don't even know if I should keep flying or not.

If any one can suggest a fix  or a work around I would be most appreciative. I would also like to know how to actually get a response from DJI.

Thanks
David
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_CJ8KlnYrlrmP
New
Australia

Hello there, I just purchased the dji mini 2 and went for my first flight yesterday. I got the same message. See picture (screenshot taken after flying)
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_mBv2S9ll0QLR
lvl.1

United States

Turn on auto sync hd photos worked for me iPhone 7
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_mBv2S9ll0QLR
lvl.1

United States

turn on auto sync hd photos mini 2
2021-5-22
Use props
fans89530e72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103537 ft
Romania

Regarding "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded .....", I made all the settings listed above, but I couldn't get rid of the message. But, after reading several posts, videos, I think I managed to solve the problem. I disabled mobile data, wifi, bluetouth and miracle, the message disappeared as well as blocking the ipad. I have a Apple iPad mini 4, Cellular, 128GB. I think the Ipad 4 mini is outdated .... it can't handle the hardware anymore.
2021-5-27
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

I also got this with an early Gen Ipad. There are a couple of POI shots that I did after updating the DJI app that are sort of corrupted , (started recording but then went all fuzzy) then the next day was unable to select a POI to do a circle shot and drone flew into the ground and is now smashed. The drone is not very old and only had probably 20 very short flights. It is now destroyed. And the shot that is all fuzzy is the one that I really wanted. Is the drone under warranty, can the corrupted video be repaired?
2021-7-3
Use props
TomasP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121253 ft
Poland

In my opinion and tests, the problem "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded" only occurs during charging iDevices.
Need to charge button back in DJI LFY app.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D737%26typeid%3D737
2021-7-4
Use props
Panda1
New
United States

I'm new and got my mini-2 about a week ago. Today I went out for my third flight and saw this CPU fully loaded message after about 15 minutes. I had never seen it before. The iPhon-6 seems getting hot. The weather here is not too hot today, about 80F. After reading this post and the other one regarding the "Charging" button, I checked the FLY app on my iPhone: It is version 1.4.8, and has a "Charging" button which is set to OFF.
So I'm not sure that the Charge button solve this issue. Any one else have some experience with version 1.4.8 on ios ?
2021-7-17
Use props
TomasP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121253 ft
Poland

Panda1 Posted at 7-17 16:22
I'm new and got my mini-2 about a week ago. Today I went out for my third flight and saw this CPU fully loaded message after about 15 minutes. I had never seen it before. The iPhon-6 seems getting hot. The weather here is not too hot today, about 80F. After reading this post and the other one regarding the "Charging" button, I checked the FLY app on my iPhone: It is version 1.4.8, and has a "Charging" button which is set to OFF.
So I'm not sure that the Charge button solve this issue. Any one else have some experience with version 1.4.8 on ios ?

Hi,
I had the same thing on the iPad 4 mini and iPhone7, unfortunately these are too old devices and you won't do anything about it.

The minimum iDevices are iPad 5 mini and iPhone X.
2021-7-18
Use props
fcrider
lvl.1

United States

Having same CPU error issues with an iphone 7 and Mavic Air 2. In addition, twice in last 3 flights my iphone overheated and shut down. Luckily I was able to get the drone back both times before it crapped out. This never used to happen before the latest update. I'm leaning towards the latest firmware as the culprit based on process of elimination. I've tried and tested many of the other potential solutions mentioned here to no avail. My iphone has a newer battery and over 90GB storage available. Last time I tested this I ran the Lirium Info Lite app and indeed the CPU was pegged with no other apps running, in airplane mode. I rely on my drone for work and this issue is costing me revenue. Would be helpful to have someone from DJI admit there is an issue and resolve to fix it. I'm ready to try the roll back to previous firmware version, although this presents other potential issues and unintended consequences.
2021-7-23
Use props
quochung1.8
New
Flight distance : 458924 ft
Vietnam

I'm using Mavic mini 1 and iPhone 7Plus and also got this issue in last few months recently.
My DJI Fly app is up to date, and the drone firmware as well.
Few hours ago, I almost lost my drone because this CPU overloaded issue, I couldn't control it properly until the Return home function worked, and it saved my drone.
It rarely happened last year, but since April, it happened alot.
Hope DJI can fix it soon.
2021-7-24
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Singapore

quochung1.8 Posted at 7-24 23:11
I'm using Mavic mini 1 and iPhone 7Plus and also got this issue in last few months recently.
My DJI Fly app is up to date, and the drone firmware as well.
Few hours ago, I almost lost my drone because this CPU overloaded issue, I couldn't control it properly until the Return home function worked, and it saved my drone.

只能买个新手机了……
2021-8-6
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

Panda1 Posted at 7-17 16:22
I'm new and got my mini-2 about a week ago. Today I went out for my third flight and saw this CPU fully loaded message after about 15 minutes. I had never seen it before. The iPhon-6 seems getting hot. The weather here is not too hot today, about 80F. After reading this post and the other one regarding the "Charging" button, I checked the FLY app on my iPhone: It is version 1.4.8, and has a "Charging" button which is set to OFF.
So I'm not sure that the Charge button solve this issue. Any one else have some experience with version 1.4.8 on ios ?

Panda1 - I have the same issue with my iPhone 7. I know this phone is borderline not capable, but I found if I close all the apps and it's not too hot out it works.  I have noticed the outside temp definitely makes a difference - I think when the iPhone gets hot the OS throttles back the CPU in an attempt to avoid overheating, which doesn't leave enough CPU for the App.  Good news is that the controller still works, so in a pinch you can hit the RTH button if the app freezes.

Looks like it's time to upgrade
2021-9-8
Use props
jan.photo
New
Netherlands

Last week I bought a Dji Mini 2. I have the same issue with my iPad Mini (I think 4). No problems with my iPhone 12 mini. Will try some more settings this week. But I guess the hardware is not keeping up.
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_oBvNnApcJ5c8
lvl.1

Malaysia

Sama as mine.. To solve the problem you need to turn off / disable the video cache..
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_bcrSSj3InkyD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297028 ft
United States

It's shocking to see that we are already in mid 2022 and people are having the same issue. I've tried with 2 different Mavic Air 2 (MA2) and 3 different iPhones (iPhone 7, 8 and X). As soon as I open DJI FLY the phone starts getting warm. Eventually I get the screen saying : "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related Performance will be affected". Next the screen dims and you can barely see what's going on. A delay starts happening on the video, however the actual drone turns, goes up, down, etc. but on your screen everything is delayed. At some point the phone gets very hot, the screen freezes. Fortunately the drone was within line of site and I was able to bring it back and land it. It happens EVERY TIME I FLY. i CAN'T ENJOY THE FLIGHT.

I've spent countless hours trying to reason with the technicians at DJI. They are clueless. They follow a script on a screen. They don't use any logic or understand anything about the drone or the phone. At some point to offer you to send it back so their "Engineers" can take a look at the problem. The problem is not the drone, IT'S THE SOFTWARE DJI FLY.

As of now I've tried to follow all the suggestions I can find on the internet:

As of now I’ve tried the following:
•        Made sure I have the latest firmware and software updates on both the Mavic and the iPhone. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the DJI FLY app.
•        Disabled on the iPhones the Auto Brightness
•        Disabled on the iPhones the “Reduce White Point” setting.
•        Disabled the iPhone charging when connected to the controller and disabled the caches.
•        Removed the iPhone case.
•        Have always flown while standing in the shade (never under the sun).
•        Completely erased one of the iPhones and performed a DFU Restore. After installed only DJI FLY. No other apps are running.
•        Made sure the lightning cable was properly plugged in and that there is no lint in the socket.

It's sad to realize that a company with such a good reputation doesn't have a level 2 support. They don't even let you reach them by phone. I was lucky and found the phone number posted by someone who was having the same issue. Noting has worked so far. I'm returning the drone back to Amazon before my 30 days expire. This is the 2nd MA2 drone I return back to Amazon. I'm very frustrated.
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_LDPqQY3OKJoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68127 ft
United States

Same here. This issue didn't occur when I first purchased the Air 2. I was using a Ipad mini 4. Even went so far as buying an Ipad mini 5 with the same result. The only suggestion I got from DJI was to purchase yet a "newer" device. Also, the list of supported devices that I own is still on DJI's website. They are totally aware of this issue, yet not only had it not been addressed by the company, but because they still have these devices on the site, people will continue to purchase these devices based on DJI's own compatibility list. Truly disappointed.
2022-6-19
Use props
fansa54f8356
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1570272 ft
United States

https://www.google.com/search?cl ... 8Ku6BqtsPwdmLwAU_45

Here is the fix for that
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now