Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OM4 Firmware Release Notes (19/11/2020)
12Next >
15581 42 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.11.19
  • Firmware: v01.00.07.20
  • DJI Mimo App for iOS: v1.5.0
  • DJI Mimo App for Android: v1.5.0

What’s new?
  • Added support for AI Life when using a Huawei phone (requires EMUI v11.0 or above and AI Life v11.0.3.303 or above). If no prompt appears after updating the firmware, the system of the phone needs to be updated to EMUI v11.0 or above.
  • Fixed some minor bugs. Improved user experience.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI OM 4 and DJI Mimo, re-connect the mobile phone’s Bluetooth, and then retry.

2020-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the information!
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 00:33
Thanks for the information!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for reaching out and for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI OM 4 Firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 19:23
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for reaching out and for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the new DJI OM 4 Firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

No problem at all!
2020-11-19
Use props
djiuser_o1xLKDuk1lhJ
lvl.1

India

Standby mood issue I cannot update the device kindly help
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Peter. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always. .
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_99oQWilYdwhd
lvl.2

Poland

Hello DJI forum administrators and moderators.
I am addressing this issue regarding the latest software update: there are at least a few topics on this forum with a request to update the software with the function that most users care about most, namely the possibility of live strem + active track 3.0 during live broadcast.
This request was made with the OM 3.0 device and now OM 4.0. You assure me that they will refer the matter to the technical departments, but nothing really happens. People spend a lot of money on high-quality devices that are not as functional as we would like. We understand that the OM3 device may not have support for live stream, but DJI has released a new OM4 device, in which it should already take into account users' request and activate the live stream function FB YTube etc ..

Please provide official information whether this option will appear in the OM4 device or not - please inform us clearly.
Yours faithfully
T.
2020-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 22:08
Hi there Peter. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always.  .

Thanks a lot!
2020-11-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_o1xLKDuk1lhJ
lvl.1

India

I actually found the solution for standby mode issue and that's not the exact one but still it works. actually there is a problem in the folding arm of the gimbal and you need to open it with little bit force so that it smashes to the other end and stands firm then you attach the mobile and it will work... that's how it worked for me.
2020-11-27
Use props
WaldoMontana
lvl.1
United States

install fails repeatedly.  
2020-11-28
Use props
Mjs247
lvl.1

United States

I'm just looking for a yes or no answer on this question.  Has firmware updates made it posible to use the OM4 gimbal with full compatibility on galaxy 20 note?
2020-12-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Has anyone noticed more shaking on the iPhone 12 pro max?
2020-12-5
Use props
Zhiying Feng
New

Japan

After updating, my gimbal is now permanently stuck in standby mode with the green light flashing, but nothing else working. Seems like others have also encountered this problem so DJI can you do something about this?
2020-12-9
Use props
Zhiying Feng
New

Japan

djiuser_o1xLKDuk1lhJ Posted at 11-27 22:36
I actually found the solution for standby mode issue and that's not the exact one but still it works. actually there is a problem in the folding arm of the gimbal and you need to open it with little bit force so that it smashes to the other end and stands firm then you attach the mobile and it will work... that's how it worked for me.

Can you perhaps show a video of this? Does this always work everytime? I also have the standby issue
2020-12-9
Use props
GoldPorky
New

United States

Planning to buy DJI OM 4. But my big question is will it work with facetime or messenger?
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_iekZj9aZtfAu
New

Latvia

djiuser_o1xLKDuk1lhJ Posted at 11-27 22:36

Didn't work for me.
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_iekZj9aZtfAu
New

Latvia

Zhiying Feng Posted at 12-9 07:29
After updating, my gimbal is now permanently stuck in standby mode with the green light flashing, but nothing else working. Seems like others have also encountered this problem so DJI can you do something about this?

Same problem.
2020-12-10
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Will there be an update that makes the OM4 officially compatible with the iPhone 12 series?
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_4YYnL9Tk2rMi
New

Italy

Just bought the OM4 - I have read from many people that it's working fine with OnePlus 7. However , despite the phones is able to connect to the OM4 through the app, the firmware update required to make the gimbal work at all fails repeatedly. I have cleaned the cache and reinstalled the app several times but nothing changes. Please help or I have no choice but return the product :-(
2020-12-13
Use props
yanto26619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226198 ft
Indonesia

Just bought the OM4, yesterday, i bring to beach and get some video with the gimbal. my phone Huawei P30pro which isi ncluded one of the campability phone, unfortunatelt my record video result is shaky, unstable and unpleasant to watch, realy dissapointed, any sugestion ? thank you for any advise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4P7s6JAbU

OM4 shaky unstable
2020-12-14
Use props
AirMaz
lvl.1

Belgium

Not sure this is related to the latest update, but I noticed today that my OM4 is no longer panning fully left or right. it is supposed to have a mechanical range roughly between -160° to +170°.
Now it is limited to max 110° either side using the button. it can be manually extended up to 160 and 170 degree mechanical range, but a soft spring action returns it to the 110°.

OM4 paning range limit

OM4 paning range limit
2020-12-21
Use props
gr66
New

Belarus

Zhiying Feng Posted at 12-9 07:29

After turning on the device, try to turn the Pan Motor's axis turn as much as possible in one then in the other direction It helps me.
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_hszOj2d0IZaG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1444163 ft
Hong Kong

I have just bought the OM4 and seems my Mate 40 pro could not connect the OM4 without the Mimo app.  The Mimo app does not support the wide zoom feature of my phone.

Will DJI fix that and support Mate 40 pro?
2020-12-25
Use props
Anurag Roy
lvl.1
India

#Quick Rehi, although i have 6gb of storage in my phone, while shooting from the dji mimo app using the dji om4 it is showing that there is no space and it stops recording.ply Here#
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_kAq1fBg1wmIQ
New

Austria

Hi
i own a dji om4 and a samsung s20 phone.  i have a problem with the timelapse option.  when i record a video i can't watch the video at the end.  I can't play the video.  does anyone know what this is about?  thank you
2020-12-26
Use props
Иван3
New
United States

GoldPorky Posted at 12-9 18:05
Planning to buy DJI OM 4. But my big question is will it work with facetime or messenger?

Not working for now
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_2EZO9jdcc83U
New

Serbia

I almost went to the shop to buy OM4 and realised it will not work with Huawei P30 lite (this model is not compatibile with mimo app). Simple question why??? On the list are P20, 20pro, P30, P30pro, pnly not P30 lite!!! Is there any chance to get some info about software which will be comfortable to use for this pair (P30lite and OM4 gimbal)? Thanks
2020-12-28
Use props
fans85b902c7
New

Canada

AirMaz Posted at 2020-12-21 04:50
Not sure this is related to the latest update, but I noticed today that my OM4 is no longer panning fully left or right. it is supposed to have a mechanical range roughly between -160° to +170°.
Now it is limited to max 110° either side using the button. it can be manually extended up to 160 and 170 degree mechanical range, but a soft spring action returns it to the 110°.

[Image]

I’m having the same problem, it was working perfectly before the update and now mine barely rotates left
2021-1-2
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

What’s new?
Added support for AI Life when using a Huawei phone (requires EMUI v11.0 or above and AI Life v11.0.3.303 or above). If no prompt appears after updating the firmware, the system of the phone needs to be updated to EMUI v11.0 or above.
Fixed some minor bugs. Improved user experience.

DEAR DJI, WHEN DO YOU FIX THE MAJOR BUGS ?????
1. The ZOOM function is not usable in videos, as is framing like crazy because is TOOOOOOO FAAAST !!!! And I tell you this from more than 3 months, what do you need to fix it ? Another employees?
2. The Active Track now is busted...If I make a move to left and than immediately one to right, at end the OM4 is shaking left-right like a bear in heats....WHY ????? You fix one and get another 3 new bugs?
3. I get it that will not work the Active Track on more than 30FPS because limitations....BUT ....leave me the option to choose the Resolution and FPS and SS manually, even if the AT 3.0 will not work, I took the damn thing for stabilization...

Waiting for DJI response...
Thanks.
2021-1-14
Use props
Donekyzard
New

United States

HI can we get an update for Galaxy s20 FE because my max resolution is only 1080p at 30 with my rear camera and 720p for the front
2021-1-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

George210477 Posted at 1-14 04:14
What’s new?
Added support for AI Life when using a Huawei phone (requires EMUI v11.0 or above and AI Life v11.0.3.303 or above). If no prompt appears after updating the firmware, the system of the phone needs to be updated to EMUI v11.0 or above.

DJI,

I still wait for a reaction from you !!!!
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_fRDYFMY0ORbH
lvl.1

Slovenia

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
it's not in support list for DJI om 4 can be this solved with new Firmware and update app?
2021-1-21
Use props
Mirelr
lvl.1
Romania

Thanks for the information!!!!
2021-1-24
Use props
Starsmee1977
lvl.1

Philippines

Stuck in standby mode after updating the OM4. Why aren't we hearing from DJI? It seems like a common issue
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_Ghbb5mBV3YYt
New
Israel

Hello i yesterday bought om4 i cant perform the update for some reason i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it yet didnt work it was woeking yesterday before i hit the update button and got stuck 54% then massage says it is failed i have xiamo note 9s
2021-3-8
Use props
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

This is a disgrace, just unboxed my DJI OM4, it prompted me to perform a firmware update and then failed. FIRMWARE UPDATES SHOULD NEVER FAIL, MUCH WORSE ON THE FIRST USE OF THE DEVICE. How can I take you seriously at all DJI, when you fail at something so basic?
2021-3-8
Use props
Jorge Andrade2
New

Ecuador

What happenes ir if my phone only supports emui 8
2021-3-23
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Deny Posted at 3-8 12:16
This is a disgrace, just unboxed my DJI OM4, it prompted me to perform a firmware update and then failed. FIRMWARE UPDATES SHOULD NEVER FAIL, MUCH WORSE ON THE FIRST USE OF THE DEVICE. How can I take you seriously at all DJI, when you fail at something so basic?

I also bought yesterday one and prompted me for update and no issues at all.
Maybe you have a faulty one from factory which should be covered by warranty.
2021-3-23
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

George210477 Posted at 1-14 04:14
What’s new?

For Zoom speed as well as pan you can set to medium or slow in settings.
This is what I did but Slow, for me is to slow and medium seems a bit too fast .
DJI should add more steps to zoom and pan speed.
2021-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules