DJI4 quit while flying Inspire 2
916 8 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chichid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675 ft
France

Hello,  I am having problems with the DJGO application that I use with my Inspire 2. The application quits mid-flight, there is no more picture. I am forced to relaunch the app while the drone is in flight. which is not practical, and can be dangerous. I use an Ipad Air 2. The usb cable which connects the radio control and the Ipad is new. Can you help me identify the problem please.
Thanks.
R.Houanoh

2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there R.Houanoh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Go 4 application when this issue happened? Thank you.
2020-11-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn off the ability for DJI to record the video, photos, and caching during flight.
2020-11-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I would suggest that you also clean out the connection to on the ipad (lighting).  From how to describe the video signal dropping and not clear if "application quits mid flight" means that the app terminates it self also.   If your app also crashes and stop running, try what AntDX316 suggested.   
If its just your video that drops, clean out the lighting connection first and try again.  I have found dust and lint collect in it, and a small wooden toothpick that can reach into the conners of the connection can pull out lint.  

I also dont know how your ipad air 2 is new as its original release date was Oct 2014.  If you are truly running an ipad air 2 Id be concerned that is not a powerfull enough platform to process what the DJI app is asking for and turning off cache etc as already suggested will be a big help to you.  I have not used a device of that vintage for DJIs latest version so I will defer to others for comment.
2020-11-19
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 23:18
Hello there R.Houanoh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Go 4 application when this issue happened? Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

I thank you for your feedback.
The application quits without giving a message when the issue suddenly happened.
Best regards,
RH
2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

AntDX316 Posted at 11-18 23:53
Turn off the ability for DJI to record the video, photos, and caching during flight.

Hello,

I thank you for your feedback. Exactly,
these options are always disabled.
The problem is not there obviously.
Best regards
2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-19 08:33
I would suggest that you also clean out the connection to on the ipad (lighting).  From how to describe the video signal dropping and not clear if "application quits mid flight" means that the app terminates it self also.   If your app also crashes and stop running, try what AntDX316 suggested.   
If its just your video that drops, clean out the lighting connection first and try again.  I have found dust and lint collect in it, and a small wooden toothpick that can reach into the conners of the connection can pull out lint.  

Hello,

I thank you for your feedback.

Exactly, these options are always disabled (turning cache off...), and the lighting connections are quite clean, I guess the problem is not there obviously.

I already had this kind of problem 2 years ago with an iPad mini that was not powerful enough, then I replaced the iPad mini with this iPad Air.

If I have to change the iPad every year, with each update, or every 3 or 4 new updates from Apple (IOS) or DJI (App), it will start to be very expensive in the long run...

In addition, the options you mentioned are always disabled (turning cache off...).

Best regards
2020-11-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Air 2 is pretty old.  Even my 7th Gen iPad seems to have trouble at times.
2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

Hello,
thank you for the reply.
So you have to change Ipad every 2 years ...
This is a big problem, as this kind of incident can happen anytime and anywhere, with the damage it can cause.
Would it be possible to have an updated list of compatible Ipads please?
Thank you very much anyway.
2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules