Message cold batteries Inspire 2
6058 13 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chichid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675 ft
France

Hello,  I am having problems with the batteries of my Inspire 2. An error message indicates that the batteries are cold and prevents the drone from taking off. The batteries are however charged in a heated room and the information on the app indicates a normal temperature. Can you help me identify the problem please. Thanks. R.Houanoh
2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day chichid. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures ( below -10℃, 14℉ ), so using the Intelligent Flight Battery below -10℃ is prohibited. It is recommended to warm up the Intelligent Flight Battery to 20℃ ( 68℉ ) before a each and every flight.  Just a reminder for safe flight the operating temperature range for the DJI Inspire 2 is at -4° to 104° F (-20° to 40° C). In addition I will post a link where in you can check some tips on Flying a Drone in Winter: 5 Things You Must Know ( https://store.dji.com/guides/winter-drone-flying-tips/ ). Thank you.
2020-11-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

you have not specificed the ambiant air temp etc.  But assuming its below 10c, despite being charged in a heater room etc, you should start the battery self heating procedure for them:

(Press and hold the battery power on button for 5 seconds, the leds on the battery will blink 2 on one side then 2 on the other).

Typicaly, I would start the battery self heating mode just before I put them on the I2.   The I2 will not take off if the battery is cold.  

However you note that the battery temp indicator is Normal, so you might have other issues if you are aware how to manage battery temp for flight.  There just was not clear details in your post for me to assume you knew about battery heating.
2020-11-19
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

You probably went ahead and installed .500 firmware.
If so do a downgrade as .500 makes the I2 useless. Sometimes a low battery warning even comes up at 21°C...

If you got .500 you won't be able to dongrade trough dji. Do a quick google search and you will find how to do it ;)
2020-11-19
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 23:13
Hello and good day chichid. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The battery capacity will decrease significantly when the Intelligent Flight Battery is used at low temperatures ( below -10℃, 14℉ ), so using the Intelligent Flight Battery below -10℃ is prohibited. It is recommended to warm up the Intelligent Flight Battery to 20℃ ( 68℉ ) before a each and every flight.  Just a reminder for safe flight the operating temperature range for the DJI Inspire 2 is at -4° to 104° F (-20° to 40° C). In addition I will post a link where in you can check some tips on Flying a Drone in Winter: 5 Things You Must Know ( https://store.dji.com/guides/winter-drone-flying-tips/ ). Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback.
When the issue occurred, I was using  the drone at a temperature around 12°, and I want to clarify that I never fly the drone below 0°.
Thank you for the link, I will check it.

2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-19 08:21
you have not specificed the ambiant air temp etc.  But assuming its below 10c, despite being charged in a heater room etc, you should start the battery self heating procedure for them:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7USwn1-tc

(Press and hold the battery power on button for 5 seconds, the leds on the battery will blink 2 on one side then 2 on the other).

Hello,

Thank you very much, I did not know this trick!
I will follow this procedure in the future.
Bes regards,
RH
2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

Coyut Posted at 11-19 11:47
You probably went ahead and installed .500 firmware.
If so do a downgrade as .500 makes the I2 useless. Sometimes a low battery warning even comes up at 21°C...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I don't know what you're talking about with the .500.
I did not do such an installation.
I update the firmware only as required, according to the usual procedures and it always went well.
Best regards,
RH
2020-11-22
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

chichid Posted at 11-22 00:42
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What he is trying to communicate to you in is that if did the latest firmware update for the I2 (Ends in .500) that its likely you are seeing adverse effects.  It appears many people that did the last upgrade are not seeing good results.

Downgrade from version .500 to the .400 or .300 is not possible with DJI Assistant, and not supported by DJI.

The question you need to answer for anyone to have an idea of how they might help you, is to tell us your firmware version.     You tend to leave out / Not share very important details such as firmware versions.
2020-11-22
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

Hy,
Thank you for you response.
Sorry I misunderstood the question actually.
The hardware is regularly updated, and the latest version is indeed .500. If the version had been spelled out with all the numbers, I would have been more responsive in the response.
By specifying V01.02.0500, I would have understood immediately.
I'm having a lot of issues with the inspire 2 right now, it's probably affecting my understanding, and I'm sorry.
Anyway, I thank you for your help.
Best regards
2020-11-22
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

chichid Posted at 11-22 14:13
Hy,
Thank you for you response.
Sorry I misunderstood the question actually.

I would strongly advise to downgrade to previous firmware, as .500 firmware did not fix any of the real problems, but integrated a lot of new ones.
Sometimes the I2 is even unusable for pro production anymore with.500 installed .

DJI should really fix this faulty firmware ASAP!!!!

And they should mention functional changes in a change log so people know of new intergraded features that might lead to a fact that they won't bring their drone back home. (power reduction while flying over water or with wind...)

But as we all know, it probably won't happen, as they made the changes, regarding power management by design.
Its a bad idea how they did it, just because some idiots were flying their batteries empty and lost their bird due of this fact.

Downgrading is not possible trough DJI tools anymore.
But there are other ways to do so. Just use google and you'll find a solution.

Just be aware that newer released I2 ssd's and maybe other future hardware won't be recognized without .500 installed.

2020-11-24
Use props
chichid
lvl.2
France

Hello,

The situation is disappointing indeed, there is no real solution proposed apart from changing devices..
I will google check the possibilities as you suggest.
Thank you.
2020-11-24
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 11-24 02:17
I would strongly advise to downgrade to previous firmware, as .500 firmware did not fix any of the real problems, but integrated a lot of new ones.
Sometimes the I2 is even unusable for pro production anymore with.500 installed .

Apparently DJI has now allowed you to downgrade to .0400 with their assistant. I have not tested but this indicates to me they are aware of this issue and it's not just a select few that are having problems...
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

chichid Posted at 11-22 00:35
Hi Stephen,

Hi there chichid. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted on the said issue and if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-11-24
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

.400 also has the battery heater issue. The drone will not take off unless the batteries are at +20ºc.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules