DJI FLY / Pixel 3XL Issues
2863 7 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WhitePixels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8094 ft
United Kingdom

I have the mini 2 and am using it with the Google Pixel 3XL. I have an issue where during a flight (regularly but not every flight) the phone screen freezes and the drone becomes unresponsive. It takes 30 seconds to a minute to get contact back with the drone and it just seems to hover in place while that happens. Lock / unlock the phone and go back into DJI FLY app seems to resolve the issue and for the rest of the flight it appears to be ok.

I'm on the latest version of Android, the DJI FLY app is up to date and no issues with chard in drone, phone or controller.
Not flying in an area with obstacles, things that might interrupt the signal, etc.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Regards
CraigM.
2020-11-19
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

Welcome to our club! Do not use Fly app, because it can ruin your device Unfortunately DJI can’t afford to hire new app developers.  
2020-11-19
Use props
WhitePixels
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Berhatz Posted at 11-19 10:26
Welcome to our club! Do not use Fly app, because it can ruin your device  Unfortunately DJI can’t afford to hire new app developers.

So what do I use instead?
2020-11-19
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

WhitePixels Posted at 11-19 10:29
So what do I use instead?

No alternatives( More over you can’t use stable version 1.1.10. Try another phone from their list of recommended devices. Or try iPhone, because the app is more reliable
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there WhitePixels, thank you for reaching out I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app. For us to isolate and check, may I know if you are able to re-install the DJI Fly app? Please be advised that before we re-install the App, kindly back up your important files downloaded on it and sync the flight records.
2020-11-20
Use props
WhitePixels
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I have backed up my data, deleted the DJI Fly app and reinstalled it. I will do some test flights over the weekend and let you know how it goes .
Thanks for responding.
2020-11-21
Use props
Jeets
New
Flight distance : 23875 ft
Colombia

Same issue here...
phone: pixel 3 xl, android 11, nov 5 2020 update
Drone: DJI mini 2
Everything fully updated (latest firmware, latest app etc)
SD card: using a 256gb San disk extreme pro  v30 u3 highest speed card.
Also tried with a Samsung EVo u3 card

The Android dji fly app on my pixel 3xl usually freezes 5-10 min into every flight when I am recording videos via the drone.
When using my iPad Pro, I have zero errors ( I use an adapter to mount my iPad). The dji fly app works without issues on the iPad.

What gives?? Seems to be an issue with the android dji fly app
2020-11-21
Use props
WhitePixels
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I have done some extensive testing today - 3 batteries worth!
Every single flight locks within about 2-3 minutes of take off.
The drone is always responsive so there are no connectivity issues with the drone so it must be either something to do with the DJI Fly app or the Google Pixel 3 XL phone.

I have tried within / without data on (so in airplane mode). With bluetooth on and off. With wifi on and off.
The app hangs every time and the phone goes completely unresponsive for about 2-3 minutes. Eventually I can lock / unlock the phone and the app is back at the title screen with the blue 'go fly' button.

What gives DJI?

Help me (and it seems others please).
2020-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules