Can't Control Gimbal With iPad 8th Generation
1455 2 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LCubed56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111624 ft
United States

I just received a new 8th Generation iPad (WiFi only). After hooking it all up with my Mavic 2 Pro, I tried to control the gimbal by sliding my finger around the screen like I've done many times with my phone. Nothing controlled the gimbal, but sliding my finger from right to left did produce a slide out screen that had three controls on it (photo included). This I have never seen before. Does anyone know if there is a work-around so I can control the gimbal from the screen?

2020-11-18 18.28.10.jpg
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LCubed56. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad 8th Generation ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad 8th Generation will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2020-11-19
Use props
LCubed56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111624 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 19:50
Hello there LCubed56. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad 8th Generation ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad 8th Generation will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

I see in your list of acceptable devices, the item: iPad. That's what I have. I bought it because I checked the list of acceptable devices and it lists 'iPad' as one of them. That's why I bought it. I don't have unlimited funds to buy another device from the list to try. Considering the fact that Apple intends to produce new iPads using the same OS that I have on my iPad, it seems to me DJI should be working very hard to make sure all future iPads, iPad Pros, work correctly and completely. It doesn't look like you have much to do in order to get the 8th gen to work. I have found it to work great except for the gimbal control.
2020-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules