3337 7 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

Hi
I got my first gimbal, the Ronin SC on Monday.  I charged and got it balanced with my sony a7iii (eventually) and today tried connecting the Ronin SC to the camera with the sony mix cable.  I got a "Preparation" error as per the image attached and the camera then froze!
How do I work around this issue as it seems pretty fatal and without the connection I lose key functionality of the gimbal.
Any help is appreciated!

Error Message

Error Message

2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we re sorry to read about this. Can we confirm your latest firmware update was on the Ronin-SC or the camera? Have you ever switch off the camera and retry it on the gimbal to see any changes?

Thanks.
2020-11-20
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-20 04:26
Hello there, we re sorry to read about this. Can we confirm your latest firmware update was on the Ronin-SC or the camera? Have you ever switch off the camera and retry it on the gimbal to see any changes?

Thanks.

Hi
Firmware version on the Sony A 7III was the last update from December 2019 - Version 3.10 I think it is called.
The firmware version on the Ronin SC was 1.5.0.40 which updated yesterday when I turned the app and the ronin on.
2020-11-20
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 11-20 05:02
Hi
Firmware version on the Sony A 7III was the last update from December 2019 - Version 3.10 I think it is called.
The firmware version on the Ronin SC was 1.5.0.40 which updated yesterday when I turned the app and the ronin on.

I have not received any further feedback on this an I am too afraid to try connecting the camera to the gimbal again as it will freeze once more.  I do not want to cause any damage to the camera...
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 11-22 23:44
I have not received any further feedback on this an I am too afraid to try connecting the camera to the gimbal again as it will freeze once more.  I do not want to cause any damage to the camera...

Hello there, we are sorry for the situation you experienced. As we have not experienced this issue on the Sony camera and our engineer are still working on the reproducing this, we suggest you also contact the Sony tech support to see if the warning information can be analyze by Sony?

Thanks
2020-11-23
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-23 04:59
Hello there, we are sorry for the situation you experienced. As we have not experienced this issue on the Sony camera and our engineer are still working on the reproducing this, we suggest you also contact the Sony tech support to see if the warning information can be analyze by Sony?

Thanks

Hi, I figured it out.  I was stupid and connected the USB C to the power/charging USB port and not the camera control port on the Tilt arm.  My apologies and thanks for the responses.
Regards,
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 12-14 12:01
Hi, I figured it out.  I was stupid and connected the USB C to the power/charging USB port and not the camera control port on the Tilt arm.  My apologies and thanks for the responses.
Regards,

Hello, we are happy to hear this. Hope you enjoy shooting with the Sony Camera with the Ronin-SC. Feel free to contact us anytime you need help.
2020-12-15
Use props
fansecb40ee8
New
Sri Lanka

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. when connecting my sony a7iii with the ronin SC.

any help is much appreciated.
2021-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules