Mavic Air 2 gimbal stuck overload
10281 22 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blhalf
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi,

After installing a new software right after start gimbal is giving message stuck and overload. When physically check everything seams fine..
Any suggestions?
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message on your app? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-11-19
Use props
Blhalf
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

https://youtu.be/oqrz7s_GHDg

When I physically move the gimbal nothing seams to be different.. Gimbal stuck is the new message..

Thanks!
2020-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Blhalf Posted at 11-20 10:09
[view_image]

https://youtu.be/oqrz7s_GHDg

Thanks for providing the picture. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. If the prompt only appears in Sport mode, a possible reason might be that the stick is pushed away too far from the center position and exceeds the gimbal limit. Gently pushing the stick will solve some issues.
2. If the prompt appears in modes other than Sport mode, please check whether the gimbal is stuck and following the troubleshooting steps below:
(1) Check whether the gimbal protector is removed. If not, remove it.
(2) Place the aircraft on the ground and check whether a foreign object has jammed the gimbal. If so, clear it.
(3) If the prompt appears when the aircraft is folded, check whether the gimbal is stuck by the propellers. If so, unfold the axis arms and re-fold them to ensure that the gimbal is not stuck.
3. Land the aircraft on the ground. Power it off and wait for 30 seconds before powering it on again for usage.
4. Check whether there is an updated version available for the aircraft firmware. If so, update the firmware to the latest version. If the firmware has been updated to the latest version, we recommend that you refresh the latest firmware.
If the issue persists after the above methods have been used, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support and send the aircraft back for further testing.
2020-11-20
Use props
Blhalf
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-20 22:58
Thanks for providing the picture. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. If the prompt only appears in Sport mode, a possible reason might be that the stick is pushed away too far from the center position and exceeds the gimbal limit. Gently pushing the stick will solve some issues.
2. If the prompt appears in modes other than Sport mode, please check whether the gimbal is stuck and following the troubleshooting steps below:

Ok will try those steps..

Thank you Natalia
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Blhalf Posted at 11-21 09:54
Ok will try those steps..

Thank you Natalia

You're most welcome, hope everything goes smoothly. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-11-22
Use props
Skyla69
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-11-22 23:25
You're most welcome, hope everything goes smoothly. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

Is there a recall on the Mavic Air 2 gimbals as this seems to be a very common problem?
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Skyla69 Posted at 5-18 12:25
Is there a recall on the Mavic Air 2 gimbals as this seems to be a very common problem?

Hi there, may I know the specific issue that you encountered? Please show me a screenshot of the error in your app, I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2021-5-18
Use props
muniibjan
New

Pakistan

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-18 19:51
Hi there, may I know the specific issue that you encountered? Please show me a screenshot of the error in your app, I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Hello there
I am also facing the Gimble stuck and Gimble overload issue. Everything thing seems normal before take off but then in mid flight it shows the error 4002 & 4003. Please help
6C30BB29-3814-456C-970C-27081B496C55.jpeg
2021-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

muniibjan Posted at 6-5 00:09
Hello there
I am also facing the Gimble stuck and Gimble overload issue. Everything thing seems normal before take off but then in mid flight it shows the error 4002 & 4003. Please help

Hi muniibjan. Could you please try the suggestion above to see if it help? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 520&pid=2345659
2021-6-5
Use props
djiuser_Cc8ovJFXJSPH
New

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 02:32
Hi muniibjan. Could you please try the suggestion above to see if it help? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=229520&pid=2345659

Hi Mindy, Could you help me fix Gimbal Stuck for Mavic Air 2.

2021-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Cc8ovJFXJSPH Posted at 7-18 01:22
Hi Mindy, Could you help me fix Gimbal Stuck for Mavic Air 2.

[view_image]

Hi there, place the aircraft on the ground and check whether a foreign object has jammed the gimbal. And please check whether there is an updated version available for the aircraft firmware. If so, update the firmware to the latest version. If the firmware has been updated to the latest version, we recommend that you refresh the latest firmware through the DJI Assistant 2. https://www.dji.com/ae/mavic-air-2/downloads If the issue persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support and send the aircraft back for diagnosis and repair.
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_wPpjZWiOuqFL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841496 ft
United States

Hello, I too am experiencing this problem. On my 2nd flight. Gimbel stuck but moves freely and no hangs. It automatically checks itself on start up and at the very end it will twitch and remain tilted about 10° and Gimbel stuck error appears. As I use this drone for inspecting power lines for a energy company, this problem is really y a problem because I can't work. I'm just a little dismayed that such a pricey drone failed so soon. This is the 6th Dji product I've owned and I'm very disappointed in the Air2s. Is there some reset procedure or anything? And is there a recall on an obviously faulty component. And btw, most of us don't like to ship a 1000 plus dollar drone to China and wait 2 months to get it back. I'll be returning mine if I can't get it fixed. I'm missing work today because of this. Thank you
2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_wPpjZWiOuqFL Posted at 10-1 03:49
Hello, I too am experiencing this problem. On my 2nd flight. Gimbel stuck but moves freely and no hangs. It automatically checks itself on start up and at the very end it will twitch and remain tilted about 10° and Gimbel stuck error appears. As I use this drone for inspecting power lines for a energy company, this problem is really y a problem because I can't work. I'm just a little dismayed that such a pricey drone failed so soon. This is the 6th Dji product I've owned and I'm very disappointed in the Air2s. Is there some reset procedure or anything? And is there a recall on an obviously faulty component. And btw, most of us don't like to ship a 1000 plus dollar drone to China and wait 2 months to get it back. I'll be returning mine if I can't get it fixed. I'm missing work today because of this. Thank you

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Have you checked the drone as the post that DJI Natalia sent on the fourth floor? Here is the link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =229520&pid=2345659
Could you please try first and tell us your feedback? Thanks in advance.
2021-10-2
Use props
djiuser_XmNa9SoUxGu1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979757 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone seen this before? This happened when I tried to record video. When i tried to shoot a photo, the picture area was upside down. This wasn't the phone orientation either, just the picture area, everything else was the right way. Only 2nd flight out. Got my Air 2S only on Saturday and hoping this isn't an issue.
Screenshot_20211011-224402.jpg
2021-10-11
Use props
djiuser_roLEaOAcPZoU
New
Flight distance : 58730 ft
Australia

This is obviously a problem with the 2s.  I’m having issues where the gimbal on startup starts to violently twitch side to side and I get the gimbal stuck or gimbal motor overload error.  If I attempt to take off the aircraft is extremely unpredictable.
2022-1-9
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calibrating gimble if the option exists ?
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_roLEaOAcPZoU
New
Flight distance : 58730 ft
Australia

AvroTrain Posted at 1-9 06:57
Try calibrating gimble if the option exists ?

Yeah tried all the suggested things.  
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_jZxlEZzyG16g
New

United States

I too am getting the “gimbal stuck” error.  After trying to “blow out” any debris that may be in it I am now also getting a “gimbal IMU data error”

Please assist
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_f1IAzMavlI23
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-11-20 22:58
1. If the prompt only appears in Sport mode, a possible reason might be that the stick is pushed away too far from the center position and exceeds the gimbal limit. Gently pushing the stick will solve some issues.

I have used my drone a few times , in last year and heading to norway now I am having the same issue
the gimbel seems to be fine I have not crashed this and used it very little

1 I have updated firmware ,
2 I have deleted app and installed new
3. charged batter full ,  
4. tried to manually push and pull gimbel , blow out any dust,  etc etc
5. tried manual , nothing.
6 same error , I am have issues and very frustrating the only way it so download the software on windows machine ( which I did not have we are all apple). and manusall forced the firmware on the drone ,

I will have by new one now , then repair this one and return the this back t store after trip , very frustrating
as iu must have drone going to to norway. please help for any easy self fix on top urgent basis ii see now solutions other then sending back the to DJI , must be recall , too many people having same issue
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_f1IAzMavlI23
New
United States

same issue here with magic 2s , gimbel stuck error , stuck 10% on recalibration , and nothing do to , ??  have to send this back for new software update??
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_f1IAzMavlI23 Posted at 9-4 08:22
I have used my drone a few times , in last year and heading to norway now I am having the same issue
the gimbel seems to be fine I have not crashed this and used it very little

Hi, there. Thanks for the feedback.Could you please check the following details again to see if your problem can be resolved?  
When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly App (error code 40002), debris is stuck in the gimbal. (For example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.) Or try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal.
If the issue persists, please use this link (https://www.dji.com/support/repair) and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_f1IAzMavlI23 Posted at 9-4 08:23
same issue here with magic 2s , gimbel stuck error , stuck 10% on recalibration , and nothing do to , ??  have to send this back for new software update??

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please check the following details?
When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly App (error code 40002), debris is stuck in the gimbal. (For example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.) Or try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal.
If the issue persists, please use this link (https://www.dji.com/support/repair) and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules