2020-11-20
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-20 08:49
thanks Labroides!

JJB, Thanks for the Analyzation of the data, and help with this fly away! Would checking the compass on the RC and calibrating before take-off have stopped this?
2020-11-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

videoeditman Posted at 11-20 08:59
JJB, Thanks for the Analyzation of the data, and help with this fly away! Would checking the compass on the RC and calibrating before take-off have stopped this?

The only thing never forget is to check compass heading in the map view and check if arrow points the same as the drone on the ground.!

"compass on the RC", guess you mean the FlyApp, thus drone compass.

In the FlyApp the Aircraft Orientation Indicator (AOI) uses 2 signals....
1 = AOI arrow heading = drone compass info
2 = AOI arrow position on the forward 180 degree scale = Mobile device info.

see this > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225017

BTW if IMU is getting 'confused', the speed values in the flightlog are often not correct.With good GPS FRAP calculates speed using position and time values.

Normal max speed values are controlled by software, so user cannot fly faster than te manual.....
But with fly-aways, error in the controlling circuit etc ;  DJI drones can fly much faster!

cheers
JJB
2020-11-20
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-20 09:08
The only thing never forget is to check compass heading in the map view and check if arrow points the same as the drone on the ground.!

"compass on the RC", guess you mean the FlyApp, thus drone compass.

Thanks for your comprehensive insight. How would I get my DAT file to you?
2020-11-20
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

DJI had secret FPV mode lol. That def looks like your compass is screwed. Maybe you got a massive iron deposit down there.
2020-11-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-20 16:08
DJI had secret FPV mode lol. That def looks like your compass is screwed. Maybe you got a massive iron deposit down there.

More likely it was launched from the metal roof of the car and took a while to correct.
2020-11-20
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-20 20:09
More likely it was launched from the metal roof of the car and took a while to correct.

No, it wasn't launched from the roof.
2020-11-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DGCA3 Posted at 11-20 14:32
Thanks for your comprehensive insight. How would I get my DAT file to you?

Hi, just put a cloudlink to the DAT file on here or mail to JJBsoftware@gmail.com
2020-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-19 22:11
Oh the dreaded fly away still exists in the mini 2, fun.

Remember this video with the mini 1? https://youtu.be/hDqqW0aVUYY I've seen it happen with nothing around, I've seen it Yeet full speed after hitting something, Be thankful you were able to regain control. I know when my mini took off for the moon I didn't regain control until it was to late, still odd the mini behaves in such a manor.

Yikes, that's scary to be casually scrolling through a thread and see my ugly mug flash up on the screen!

2020-11-21
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-21 01:28
Hi, just put a cloudlink to the DAT file on here or mail to

I just emailed it to you.

Thanks!

Dirk
2020-11-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DGCA3 Posted at 11-21 05:07
I just emailed it to you.

Thanks!

Hi Dirk,

Mini2 files, both flightrecord and DAT files, using CSVview and DATCON are not correct decrypted.

Hope that the developper of both programs can 'repair' this!

cheers
JJB
2020-11-21
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 03:25
Yikes, that's scary to be casually scrolling through a thread and see my ugly mug flash up on the screen!

haha sorry, your video was the first that I could find demonstrating the mini's full speed lockout.

Later on I found the second video the mini collides with the rock and takes off at full speed, after a few seconds it levels out and the user regains control.

I have a crash video myself where it does the same thing, I hit a flag pole, the mini tumbles, and then takes off full speed and after a few seconds I regain control.

It's a scary thing to see happen, why the drone locks you out of control and just goes full throttle. I learned to never hit anything with my mini again out of Fear it would Yeet itself again.

I'm to use to Hobby drones where if you Left Stick down the drone just falls out of the sky and doesn't rocket off into oblivion. While on the upside you get control again and can return the drone safely, I almost wish it just force landed or the ESC's Stop instead of going full crank as an emergency mode. I don't understand why it locks you out of control, if the onboard computer is rebooting, some safety protocol that after a few seconds of "Self Check" it gives you control, it's a head scratchier for sure.
2020-11-21
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-21 05:26
haha sorry, your video was the first that I could find demonstrating the mini's full speed lockout.

Later on I found the second video @3:20 the mini collides with the rock and takes off at full speed, after a few seconds it levels out and the user regains control.

At least you guys hit something to make the Mini go funky. I had just lifted off and was simply hovering. My actual flying hadn't even really begun
2020-11-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 11-21 05:21
Hi Dirk,

Mini2 files, both flightrecord and DAT files, using CSVview and DATCON are not correct decrypted.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/datcon-can-not-process-mavic-mini-2-dat-files.101821/
2020-11-21
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-19 22:11
Oh the dreaded fly away still exists in the mini 2, fun.

Remember this video with the mini 1? https://youtu.be/hDqqW0aVUYY I've seen it happen with nothing around, I've seen it Yeet full speed after hitting something, Be thankful you were able to regain control. I know when my mini took off for the moon I didn't regain control until it was to late, still odd the mini behaves in such a manor.

Thanks for the warning!
2020-11-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 11-21 05:43
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/datcon-can-not-process-mavic-mini-2-dat-files.101821/

thanks for this info, but not all txt files can be processed by CSVview..., don`t now yet wich one yes and wich no (Android versus iOS or different flyapp versions)
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules