Possible solution for "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" error.
3873 9 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

I think I "May" have found the solution to fixing this "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" issue. I had the problem after "upgrading" my current pilot app version to the newest version. What I did that seems to have fixed it is, I deleted the pilot app, and did a clean install. What I mean by clean install is simply deleting the current install (app) and reinstalling it. Seems to have something to do with the Upgrade that has been causing this error message. Good luck and comment if success.
2015-6-28
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Do you notice when the message appears? It only seams to appear for me when I'm losing video connection. It just flashes every couple seconds and goes away but when I have plenty of video signal I never get the message. This is why I don't think the message is accurate and is just a glitch that causes the message to appear.
2015-6-28
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

You will get the same message if you forget to take the gimbal clamp off.
2015-6-28
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

I would ignore the message, I don't think it poses any danger to the p3. Follow the above steps to see if it resolves your error, so far so good for mine. Good luck.
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current position which can be deadly.

2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 14:07
Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current pos ...

I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feature will just land.  Check your manual to see the distance you must be.

-Dog
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 14:41
I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feat ...

I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual position then it should RTH. It worked in the past with the same distance. Regardless of that I can't have a RTH function that does something completely different. If it can't execute the RTH function then it should have a warning "can't execute due to minimum range" or so but not just landing. That's weird.
2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 15:58
I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual ...

Just try it at 50 meters out, both of your attempts to RTH your distance shows no more than 11.5M. That's not that far just over 30ft.  I had the same problem when I first go mine and thought something was wrong and I read that it can't be to close to the home point.  I tried it further out  and it works perfect just not close to the home point. Sorry about the link it's off DJI's site so I guess it's un permitted. Try this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-18967-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

The only time the message appears for me is when I take off from grass cuz it stops the gimble from initalizing..  take off from concrete. Level dirt or a piece of wood and it prolly won't appear..  any thing that causes the gimble motors to work to hard will cause the message..  a real strong wind might All though unlikely...
2015-6-29
Use props
elk
New

Moldova

This message appears when gimbal make noise and vibrate, several cause of this is the jello effect in video. I think that's not the issue updates and gimbal problem in the last update has detected
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules