Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Battery Bloated and Modified Battery??
1179 22 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechCreator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187274 ft
Malaysia

My Mavic pro battery bloated , can any one tell me what is the best to maintain the battery? Can anyone advise using modified battery that can increase up flight time for mavic to 38 minutes, does it safe or able to damage the drone in long run? The drone is already one year, what is maintenance required?
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TechCreator. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the batteries of your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. In addition, I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf ). Thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please dont fly with a bloated battery,  they have a tendacy to explode in flight.   For best battery life,  keep them stored at half charge,  when flying never drain the battery past about 25%.
2020-11-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I personally would never tamper with the batteries
2020-11-20
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 23:00
Hello there TechCreator. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the batteries of your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. In addition, I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf ). Thank you.

Thanks Stephen...for the advise..i think i used it to the maximum till its return by itself. I was thinking to buy platinum battery . It is fix to mavic pro?
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

A J Posted at 11-20 03:03
I personally would never tamper with the batteries

i also afraid to tamper with the batteries....Anyone dare to try?
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 01:56
Please dont fly with a bloated battery,  they have a tendacy to explode in flight.   For best battery life,  keep them stored at half charge,  when flying never drain the battery past about 25%.

Can exploded..that is very high risk. I had sent the battery to repair ( not to DJI). If i just to keep it for one  12 hours..do i still need to store half of battery?
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 05:26
i also afraid to tamper with the batteries....Anyone dare to try?

There are quite a few YT vids showing people doing it - some with success in reviving their batteries - so not so successful and a couple with fires on their hands...
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

A J Posted at 11-25 06:55
There are quite a few YT vids showing people doing it - some with success in reviving their batteries - so not so successful and a couple with fires on their hands...

Yes..that is troublesome...better buy new battery instead of modified it..uncertainty might be happend.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 07:15
Yes..that is troublesome...better buy new battery instead of modified it..uncertainty might be happend.

You really do need to know what you're doing with it. Watching a YouTube vid isn't enough learning for me to try it - put it that way. It's very frustrating but these batteries can set on fire quite easily and even explode - it's not worth it.
2020-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 05:27
Can exploded..that is very high risk. I had sent the battery to repair ( not to DJI). If i just to keep it for one  12 hours..do i still need to store half of battery?

Up to 5 days is usually fine.
2020-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 07:15

It doesn't take much to short circuit those batteries,  a slight bend will do it.
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 07:32
It doesn't take much to short circuit those batteries,  a slight bend will do it.

Yes....this is image of the battery inside the mavic pro. The circuit was attached as shown in the picture.
VideoCapture_20201125-234350.jpg
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 07:31
Up to 5 days is usually fine.

Ok..
Thanks for the tips.
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

A J Posted at 11-25 07:23
You really do need to know what you're doing with it. Watching a YouTube vid isn't enough learning for me to try it - put it that way. It's very frustrating but these batteries can set on fire quite easily and even explode - it's not worth it.

Agreed with you. Thanks
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 07:47
Agreed with you. Thanks

Sensible move mate.
2020-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 07:46
Ok..
Thanks for the tips.

no probs.
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 05:24
Thanks Stephen...for the advise..i think i used it to the maximum till its return by itself. I was thinking to buy platinum battery . It is fix to mavic pro?

Hi there TechCreator. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information you have given. The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum battery is compatible with the DJI Mavic Pro Drone. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said DJI intelligent flight batteries that you need are available. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-11-26
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 22:39
Hi there TechCreator. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information you have given. The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum battery is compatible with the DJI Mavic Pro Drone. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said DJI intelligent flight batteries that you need are available. Thank you and please be safe always.

Yes i had used the dji platinum battery with mavic pro..it is compatible
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TechCreator Posted at 11-30 07:34
Yes i had used the dji platinum battery with mavic pro..it is compatible

Hi there TechCreator. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-12-3
Use props
azzido
lvl.1

Romania

Hello,

You need to respect Li-Ion and LiPo technology recommendation. DJI batteries are Smart, that means they are built in microcontroller that runs a firmware. It is a bad approach to keep them stored for a long time because the cells will get overdischarged and the microcontroller with enter in a Permanent Failure mode.

So, the first rule would be to use them from time to time.
Another rule is to perform a full charge/discharge cycle from time to time so the microncontroller updates its internal dynamic parameters like FCC (Fully Charged Capacity).
Take care about the temperature, best would be to keep it at room temperature.

If you want to increase the capacity by replacing the cells with higher capacity cells you need to have in mind that the battery chips parameters must be updated. To update battery parameters chip you must unseal first the chip. There are several application that can do that.
2020-12-4
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

azzido Posted at 12-4 14:09
Hello,

You need to respect Li-Ion and LiPo technology recommendation. DJI batteries are Smart, that means they are built in microcontroller that runs a firmware. It is a bad approach to keep them stored for a long time because the cells will get overdischarged and the microcontroller with enter in a Permanent Failure mode.

Thanks for the respond. I will be aware on the temperature and how long i stored it. Some time i charged fully and let it inside my bag for 1 week.

About the add on the cells? the battery chipset need to add on,any link available i can read thru?
2020-12-8
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-3 21:39
Hi there TechCreator. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.

I was thinking to upgrade the battery cell..looking forward to have more flight time instead of purchase new drone.
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules