Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MP4 file not playing without glitches on vlc, windows.*FIXED*
3189 11 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

Spent the last 2 days filming with my Spark for a pretty important client.

Put the files on my macbook pro, works perfectly fine.

Put the files on my windows 10 pc (fairly decent specs from 2018) and it's a complete pile of garbage.
i7 7700 3.6ghz >oc 4ghz, 16gb ram 2667mhz, 8gb 1080gtx, 500gb ssd, 256gb ssd + 7tb of hdd for storage.
Latest drivers for Graphics card. Currently in the middle of getting the latest bs from windows updates

Mid way through the video it just glitches out, stutters and loses the video, then catches up several seconds later at a different point.
(again, macbook pro, no problem)

Spent the last 2 hours changing settings, uninstalling, re-installing, restarting, everything.
The file just craps out at exactly the same spot, every time.

The files are not currupt, (It plays on Macbook pro (2011!) no problem) How can it be corrupt if it's fine on my mac?

Pulling my hair out a little bit and trying not to rage at my computer, so reaching out to you guys see if any of you have had a similar problem and have any idea as to wtf I can do.
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

Done windows updates, everything is updated as much as I can update. Still no luck... Getting bored of trying to fix the problem. Also sent the file to a friend and he's having exactly the same problem. Yet, I am sat here happily watching them on my mac!
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there WickediMageDon. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Spark, regarding the original files playing back on your windows computer. I believe the concern may be the media player on your computer. You may try to isolate and check if the issue will also occur upon trying a different media player like a different version of the VLC or Potplayer for example. Thank you.
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

It's the same with windows media player, winamp and media monkey. Just trying potplayer now (any others you can recommend?)
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

Nope, pot player also does the same.
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

It's also not just 1 video, it's on every video from the last 2 days. But like I say, it's working perfectly fine on my mac and also my clients pc! Seriously not impressed right now and have no idea what else to try.
2020-11-21
Use props
CallMeAlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haven't you yet realised that Window$ is the biggest pile of rubbish in the history of the operating system?  You stated the answer yourself: " it's working perfectly fine on my mac".
2020-11-21
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Try switching the video output from automatic to DirectX or OpenGL.   The other thing to check is your input/codecs settings and up the file and disk caching from say 300 to 1000.  VLC playback can be pretty freeze when it doesn't have a big buffer to memory.   Your RAM/registry may be junked up with stuff running in the background so I'd run cleaner or similar task killing app.
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

CallMeAlan Posted at 11-21 08:28
Haven't you yet realised that Window$ is the biggest pile of rubbish in the history of the operating system?  You stated the answer yourself: " it's working perfectly fine on my mac".

Yup, but I like to game!
2020-11-21
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

Martyzion Posted at 11-21 09:23
Try switching the video output from automatic to DirectX or OpenGL.   The other thing to check is your input/codecs settings and up the file and disk caching from say 300 to 1000.  VLC playback can be pretty freeze when it doesn't have a big buffer to memory.   Your RAM/registry may be junked up with stuff running in the background so I'd run cleaner or similar task killing app.

I did all the things you suggested plus way more and nothing helped. It appears the files were corrupted during transfer somehow.
Eventually re-opened the files from the usb and transferred them again and it just worked!

Obviously now my pc is fully upto date with everything as well. So that probably also helps. What a pain and waste of 6 hours of my life... Glad I copied and didn't cut them the first time...
2020-11-21
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

WickediMageDon Posted at 11-21 10:21
I did all the things you suggested plus way more and nothing helped. It appears the files were corrupted during transfer somehow.
Eventually re-opened the files from the usb and transferred them again and it just worked!

Install a regular codec package. I have been using this for 6 years without a problem: k-lite codec pack
(free)
2020-11-22
Use props
WickediMageDon
lvl.1

Portugal

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 11-22 15:34
Install a regular codec package. I have been using this for 6 years without a problem: k-lite codec pack
(free)

Hey Jakab, Thanks for the headsup.
Actually the client pointed me in the same direction on the day to k-lite codec pack. It didn't change anything with the files that I had on my computer (they were completely messed up!) but now at least I have all the codecs I should ever need. Definitely a good place to start though.
2020-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules