Using DRONE LINK
1161 13 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICMINIJEFF66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204747 ft
France

Using the DRONE LINK app with the Mavic Mini would it lose the DJI CARE REFRESH warranty and insurance?
Thank for your answersJeff
2020-11-21
Use props
MAVICMINIJEFF66
lvl.3
France

DRONE LINK

Using the DRONELINK  app with the
Mavic Mini would it lose the warranty or DJI CARE REFRESH insurance?
Thanks for your Answers
Jeff
2020-11-21
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jeff, the accident caused by third-party products including third-party software may not be covered under warranty and DJI Care Refresh. It is not suggested to fly with third-party apps.
Thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-21
Use props
MAVICMINIJEFF66
lvl.3
France

Thanks
                Jeff
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_Idcuj0DFenUQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147615 ft
United States

That's not true. I just got off the phone with a DJI representative and he clearly stated that if there were an accident or flyaway while using a third party the drone would still be covered/replaced by the CARE REFRESH plan. The plan is not nullified because of using a third party app. I had to call about this because the response that it's not recommended to use third party apps didn't make sense to me. That's false information and no clue where you got that from. Did you get that information from DJI?
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Idcuj0DFenUQ Posted at 3-2 15:58
That's not true. I just got off the phone with a DJI representative and he clearly stated that if there were an accident or flyaway while using a third party the drone would still be covered/replaced by the CARE REFRESH plan. The plan is not nullified because of using a third party app. I had to call about this because the response that it's not recommended to use third party apps didn't make sense to me. That's false information and no clue where you got that from. Did you get that information from DJI?

Hi there, we sent you a PM for some information to check more details about this. Could you please take a look and reply?
2023-3-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI publishes the SDK that Dronelink uses.  It does not void any warranties.
2023-3-4
Use props
Kenny R
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 18:57
Hi there, we sent you a PM for some information to check more details about this. Could you please take a look and reply?

Why do you need a phone number?
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenny R Posted at 3-6 20:35
Why do you need a phone number?

We want to check some details about the conversation you mentioned. To clarify, if a non-DJI-authorized accessory/software is used during the flight and caused damage, you are not eligible to use the DJI Care Refresh replacement coverage in this case. We recommend you use a DJI-authorized accessory/software during regular flights. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-7
Use props
Kenny R
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 01:03
We want to check some details about the conversation you mentioned. To clarify, if a non-DJI-authorized accessory/software is used during the flight and caused damage, you are not eligible to use the DJI Care Refresh replacement coverage in this case. We recommend you use a DJI-authorized accessory/software during regular flights. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank me for my understanding. It still makes no sense to me. I was told it doesn't matter. Who are you? How do I know what you're saying is accurate? What you're not understanding is the app is used for business purposes. There will be times when the DJI Fly app is not used for some drone pilots. Your scope on this topic is quite narrow. You can't expect the DJI Fly app to be used all the time when flying a drone. So this needs to be discussed more to get a final verdict. So don't thank me for my understanding because I don't understand. Please discard my phone number. Thank you!
2023-3-7
Use props
Kenny R
lvl.2
United States

I called again and spoke to Tom. He placed me on hold and chatted with someone from DJI Care Refresh and the final verdict is, it DOES NOT matter if you're using a third party app. As long as your Care Refresh plan is active the drone is covered. Mindy and Susan you both are lying with no proof to back up what you're saying. So this discussion is closed!

2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenny R Posted at 3-8 11:31
I called again and spoke to Tom. He placed me on hold and chatted with someone from DJI Care Refresh and the final verdict is, it DOES NOT matter if you're using a third party app. As long as your Care Refresh plan is active the drone is covered. Mindy and Susan you both are lying with no proof to back up what you're saying. So this discussion is closed!

We are sorry for any inconvenience. According to the DJI Care Refresh terms of service, damage caused by using the DJI product with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI is not covered by DJI Care Refresh services. You can refer to page 5 of the terms of service. https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... 0Care%20Refresh.pdf

Regarding the call with Tom you mentioned, could you please provide us with some proof so that we can forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation in case of causing confusion to other customers?
If you think the damage was not caused by using with a third-party software/accessory, you can also send the drone back for assessment first, we will provide a proper solution for you regarding the assessment result.
2023-3-12
Use props
Kenny R
lvl.2
United States

"Regarding the call with Tom you mentioned, could you please provide us with some proof so that we can forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation in case of causing confusion to other customers?
If you think the damage was not caused by using with a third-party software/accessory, you can also send the drone back for assessment first, we will provide a proper solution for you regarding the assessment result."

See you making this more irritating!!! I NEVER SAID ONE TIME my drone was damaged. You're stretching this out more than it needs to be. You're assuming!! Nowhere in this thread did I mention my drone was damaged. You need to read more carefully and stop assuming. Also, how would I provide proof? What a dumb question! How would I have proof? Why would I think I needed to have proof? You think I'm making it up? You just asked me for my phone number a couple weeks ago to verify the details of the first conversation. You said, "We want to check some details about the conversation you mentioned." So all of a sudden you need proof? I can see the type of person I'm dealing with just through your responses. Back to the topic. And NOT THAT MY DRONE IS DAMAGED, using a third party DOES NOT nullify the CR PLAN. How would DJI know a third party app was used? And that information is not made apparent when buying the CR PLAN. It makes no sense. There seems to be a big gap that needs to be filled.
2023-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules