Remote does not connect to the drone, what can I do?
396 16 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

Help

Since yesterday I have this big problem.

The drone starts correctly.
The remote starts coredtly
The smartphone is well connected to the drone

All batteries are charged.

But the remote dies NOT connect to the drone, even when I press connect and wait 60 seconds.

App is 1.2.1, I also tried apk 1.2.0

What are my options???
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try relinking the drone with the remote. Then always turn the remote on first, then the drone. Once they have linked you then connect your phone to the remote.
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And if that doesn't work refresh the firmware on both the drone and remote separately using Assistant 2.
2020-11-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 11-21 08:19
And if that doesn't work refresh the firmware on both the drone and remote separately using Assistant 2.

Good advice mate
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-21 10:51
Good advice mate

2020-11-21
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

And if that doesn't work refresh the firmware on both the drone and remote separately using Assistant 2.

Will try first as suggested, but how do you refresh firmware with assistant 2???

Don't understand which is the procedure? Assistant 2 what is it??
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

claudioita Posted at 11-21 12:17
Will try first as suggested, but how do you refresh firmware with assistant 2???

Don't understand which is the procedure? Assistant 2 what is it??

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-mini/downloads
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-mini/video
2020-11-21
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

Try relinking the drone with the remote. Then always turn the remote on first, then the drone. Once they have linked you then connect your phone to the remote.

Hi, I do not undertstand what do you  mean by that. Ho to relink if the drone and remote are off?

I usually turn on the remote (or drone) then the drone (or remote, never paid attention to which starts first also because it was always working before). How do you know they are linked if the smartphone is not connected to the remote?
2020-11-21
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

Ok I tried first start the remote then the drone .. the drone light flash fast intermittently, I think is not connecting (when I then connect the smartphone, nothing happnes it does not see the drone).

2020-11-21
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c347yaYtMxU

ok now I am refreshing controller firmware, and I refresh the drone firmware ... and finally ... nothing same problem as before ... but clicking the connect button, and then the connect on the smartphone (the wait 60 sec one), it is now working
2020-11-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As I said - try to relink the AC and RC first
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there claudioita. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic mini. For us to clarify, were you able to relink the remote using the correct combination button sequence without using the DJI Fly app? For you to have a better visualization on how to relink the remote to the aircraft you may refer to this official video tutorial we have for you. Thank you.
2020-11-22
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:07
Hello there claudioita. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic mini. For us to clarify, were you able to relink the remote using the correct combination button sequence without using the DJI Fly app? For you to have a better visualization on how to relink the remote to the aircraft you may refer to this official video tutorial we have for you. https://youtu.be/L_EC61fzeUc Thank you.

Thanks for yur answer, yes I was able to relink.

Please allow me to tell to the DJI developer that this is a VERY VERY stupid way of programming things. I lost 3 important shoots for work because of this stupidity.

How should a user know how to relink, going inside the menu? Or through obscure wyas of pressing buttins not clearly explained?

Anyway thanks for your help
2020-11-22
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

claudioita Posted at 11-22 02:25
Thanks for yur answer, yes I was able to relink.

Please allow me to tell to the DJI developer that this is a VERY VERY stupid way of programming things. I lost 3 important shoots for work because of this stupidity.

By watching the tutorials. Its not actually that hard. I had the same issue, and I figured it out by myself (without tutorials or anything). Im 12. Just read the instructions and you’re set.
2020-11-24
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

Scarves UP Posted at 11-24 05:56
By watching the tutorials. Its not actually that hard. I had the same issue, and I figured it out by myself (without tutorials or anything). Im 12. Just read the instructions and you’re set.

Why would I need to find a tutorial and watch it, if it can be clearly indicated in the app??
2020-12-3
Use props
Through The Lens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

claudioita Posted at 12-3 09:59
Why would I need to find a tutorial and watch it, if it can be clearly indicated in the app??

Read my message. I found it very easily without any issues. and, it is clearly indicated in the app. a little troubleshooting goes a long way.
2020-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules