DJI Pocket2 Sunset Timelapse Testing
4897 20 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

After tested the hyperlapse function,
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229505&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D765%26typeid%3D765
I decided to use DJI pocket 2 for a sunset timelapse in Mt. High West of Hong Kong, the 1st part of video showing my phyiscal setup of DJI pocket2 (taken by gopro5), and 2nd part is the timelapse footage by DJI pocket2, and here we go!

This tiny machine is really work perfectly of timelapse / hyperlapse, however, I don't understand why pocket2 still not offering 4K timelapse video output directly, it only offer timelapse video at 1080p + 4K JPEG......

2020-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great timelapse!
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out and sharing this great timelapse you've recorded here in DJI Forum. Great work and looking forward for you to capture more awesome shots with it.
2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive sunset timelapse.
2020-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2020-11-22
Use props
fansc51addfc
New

Australia

Fantastic executed

Is it possible to turn off focusing completely. I want to have the complete picture in focus, like the Gopro does.

Thanks
2020-12-1
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Seems a bit shaking the image, isn't it?
At 0:41 the image is rotating suddenly
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

chririva Posted at 12-2 02:26
Seems a bit shaking the image, isn't it?
At 0:41 the image is rotating suddenly

Hi thanks for watching , yup you are right ! Pocket2 is too light even with the extension rod , I mounted those with gorillpod as well , but its too windy at the mountain top , so at some point of time I remember there a strong wind make it shake a bit
2020-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job. Thank you..
2020-12-2
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

In your video description, it says that the timelapse took 3 hours. How did you keep the battery power going that long? Thanks for sharing
2020-12-4
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Psoon Posted at 12-4 15:37
In your video description, it says that the timelapse took 3 hours. How did you keep the battery power going that long? Thanks for sharing

Hi thanks for watching ! I connect dji pocket 2 with power bank, if not doing so, I guess it can only last for an hour .....
2020-12-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Possibly there would be battery considerations and possible heat build up problems using it in Video mode for such a long duration.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-5 05:53
Possibly there would be battery considerations and possible heat build up problems using it in Video mode for such a long duration.

thanks for watching.
I was also worry for the overheat problem when taking this  3 hours time-lapse, but fairly speaking, most action camera facing same problem, lol
Surprisingly, my DJI pocket2 still work fine after the 3 hour time-lapse(charging with power bank), and I even use pocket2 to take an extra 20 min video footage after that.   
2020-12-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep Posted at 12-5 20:43
thanks for watching.
I was also worry for the overheat problem when taking this  3 hours time-lapse, but fairly speaking, most action camera facing same problem, lol
Surprisingly, my DJI pocket2 still work fine after the 3 hour time-lapse(charging with power bank), and I even use pocket2 to take an extra 20 min video footage after that.

My concern is not about the heat dissipation of the pocket itself  but the heat generated by the battery being used and charged at the same time over an extended period will eventually lead to degraded battery capacity and lifespan. My Original Pocket still holds a charge like new. I avoid higher recharge rates where possible often leaving it to charge from my PCs' USB-C port when possible. I do have a power bank for when I'm out but don't use for charging while using the Pocket.
If the battery was interchangeable as is the case with most action cameras I wouldn't be as cautious.
I've found keeping an eye on the battery level for long period storage and keeping to a reasonable charging regime has been beneficial in as much as I have not had to send my Pocket in for a battery exchange despite the amount of use it has had.
Ray.
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

thanks for watching!
2020-12-20
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep Posted at 12-2 04:59
Hi thanks for watching , yup you are right ! Pocket2 is too light even with the extension rod , I mounted those with gorillpod as well , but its too windy at the mountain top , so at some point of time I remember there a strong wind make it shake a bit

I use a Cobra IFootage Monopod.. pretty sturdy. I swap it out between the 1 and 2 as needed - some shots of my setup...

2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Gulfstream Posted at 12-23 09:36
I use a Cobra IFootage Monopod.. pretty sturdy. I swap it out between the 1 and 2 as needed - some shots of my setup...

[view_image] [view_image] [view_image] [view_image]

wow...its awesome!! I am looking for some ways to mount my pocket2 firmly
2020-12-25
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Sweden

Gulfstream, interesting your mount for Pocket 2. Where you got (bought) it from?
2020-12-25
Use props
Snoopoff
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi - did you shoot on Manual exposure or Auto please? And also what were the max ISO settings? Thanks!
2021-3-9
Use props
Vikz
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-22 01:54
Hello there, thank you for reaching out and sharing this great timelapse you've recorded here in DJI Forum. Great work and looking forward for you to capture more awesome shots with it.

Hi..when do you think 4K time-lapse will be introduced on Pocket 2. Really looking forward to it. Thanks.
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules