Litchi finally released for Mini (1 not 2)
5270 50 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-23 07:12
I swear they stole the zoom idea from me, I requested digital zoom and got the typical reply "We've forwarded your idea to our engineers for review" Well it seems like they received it loud and clear, just not on the drone I requested it for....

Zoom will be a very handy feature for me for sure, right now my work flow is remove the sdcard, upload to pc, open in mpc and use windows magnifier to review any footage in the field. When I get home I load it into vegas where I can do the picture/picture zoom effect. [view_image]https://youtu.be/Y3ZzyLrJkHI Digital zoom on the mini 1 in my opinion worked great.

...amazing work...

...was search and rescue long time ago based in Trenton...before commercial flying...

It always gives me a rush going out and find lost ones...

...thx for reminder mister beardeditalian
2020-11-23
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-23 05:20
I have a bunch of things in mind.

I volunteer and help look for lost dogs a lot and often I spend most of my time watching my flying and keeping the camera pointed down, it would be helpful to setup an automated flight path that the drone follows while I can focus more on the camera and less on where I'm flying.

why not with ocusync?
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Litchi still doesnt auto stich on Android
2020-11-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-23 15:34
why not with ocusync?

The mini 1 is only wifi, and the mini 2 won't have litchi support for 6-8 months.

2020-11-24
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-24 01:55
The mini 1 is only wifi, and the mini 2 won't have litchi support for 6-8 months.

Ok so are you saying if waypoint is set you can pay more attention to the video feed and occusyn would give you better quality feed?
2020-11-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-24 02:25
Ok so are you saying if waypoint is set you can pay more attention to the video feed and occusyn would give you better quality feed?

Yes, right now I'll fly up, get an idea of the tree line and what's a safe minimum altitude, point the camera at a 45 so I can still keep a bit of the horizon in view, flying in a gird pattern. With way-points I would plan out a mission by flying and setting the way-points (you can do it via the map as well) and while the drone is flying this way-point mission I would be manually controlling the drones Yaw and camera. This would let me focus my attention on looking for the lost subject instead of doing both intermittently.

Everyone raves about Occusync and it's better range and signal strength, way-points on the mini are limited to your controllers range. I'm saying when I step into a mini 2 I will have further range for my way-point missions so I can cover more area. Not all my flights are in the wildernesses, sometimes I'm flying in neighborhoods and the wifi mini has it's limits. Occusync would "supposedly" remove these current restrictions the mini 1 has with connection issues in urban environments,
2020-11-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-21 10:47
Yup, I got the update but have not had a chance to fly and test

Might try Litchi on my Mini Mk 1 - but Waypoints is the update I really want. Have to be patient a while longer.
2020-12-6
Use props
goto10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122451 ft
United Kingdom

Looks really impressive, the GPS tracking is a feature I'd really like for my MM1, so I think I'll be investing.
2020-12-7
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2020-12-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 12-6 13:23
Might try Litchi on my Mini Mk 1 - but Waypoints is the update I really want. Have to be patient a while longer.

2020-12-7
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-23 05:20
I have a bunch of things in mind.

I volunteer and help look for lost dogs a lot and often I spend most of my time watching my flying and keeping the camera pointed down, it would be helpful to setup an automated flight path that the drone follows while I can focus more on the camera and less on where I'm flying.

"I volunteer and help look for lost dogs a lot and often I spend most of my time watching my flying and keeping the camera pointed down, it would be helpful to setup an automated flight path that the drone follows while I can focus more on the camera and less on where I'm flying. "

It's really frustrating that the Mini doesn't support waypoints.  I was recently asked to help search for a horse lost in the local woods.  It would have been easy using my Phantom 3 Pro.  I could use Litchi, or better yet the free Pix4Dcapture app.  You just mark the boundary of your mapping area, and the app generates an automated flight path with a grid pattern of sufficient photo overlap to map the entire selected area.  Just upload the mission to your drone, and press go!

Then you can use the awesome new Loc8 program to quickly analyse all the recorded photos.  The program automatically processes all the photos, searching every pixel in each photo for a particular user-defined colour.  If you know your lost person is wearing a pink shirt or an orange life-jacket the program will scan for that colour in each photo, flagging only those spots where that colour shows up.

I can no longer legally fly my Phantom unless I bend-the-knee and submit to registering, passing exams, and licensing etc.  Grrrrr.  In the mean time I fly my sub-250 gram Mini.  But that means I cannot take advantage of the automated search grids that the Phantom is capable of.

So, when searching for the lost horse, I had to manually fly a search pattern with my Mini, the whole time with the horse's owner nervously looking over my shoulder to watch the phone display.  None of that was optimal...  They found the horse the following day miles away from where we searching.

See this (long) video from Gary's Drone&Sundry interview with the famous Gene Robinson.

2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules