633 6 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mapantz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi folks!

New flyer here.

The two small intake-looking things at the front.. are they stickers that are supposed to be peeled off?

I've just noticed one hanging off (only done a few flights indoors so far) they don't seem to be stuck very well. The other one looks like it'll fall off at any moment as well..

Also, does the camera have a protective sticker to peel off? I took a couple of images as a test, just by holding the mini in my hand but wasn't very impressed by the quality. The lens was cleaned with a micro fibre cloth so that's why I was wondering if one was pre-applied?!

Many thanks.
2020-11-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My intake stickers are still in place, until this post I actually thought they were real vents lol. I wouldn't worry about one peeling off but, just in case you do , will it not stick back down? If needs be, use tweezers etc. i.e. non greasy fingers to maneuver it.
Can't remember about any lens film sorry
2020-11-21
Use props
Mapantz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-21 15:46
My intake stickers are still in place, until this post I actually thought they were real vents lol. I wouldn't worry about one peeling off but, just in case you do , will it not stick back down? If needs be, use tweezers etc. i.e. non greasy fingers to maneuver it.
Can't remember about any lens film sorry

They are real vents, though. It leads straight in to the carcus of the drone.. which begs the question, why have those holes there and then put stickers over them?
2020-11-21
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

That's where other Mavic drones have forward looking obstacle avoidance sensors. The MM was disigned to have the same general look as the bigger drones , call it corporate identity/design.  Having these "vents" open could change the airflow inside the drone, which at high airspeed might make a small difference with respect to things like the barometer. I suspect this would be minimal at best (the casing is not exactly sealed hermetically around the gimbal etc), but you never know.  

HB
2020-11-21
Use props
Mapantz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

EHEA Posted at 11-21 17:10
That's where other Mavic drones have forward looking obstacle avoidance sensors. The MM was disigned to have the same general look as the bigger drones , call it corporate identity/design.  Having these "vents" open could change the airflow inside the drone, which at high airspeed might make a small difference with respect to things like the barometer. I suspect this would be minimal at best (the casing is not exactly sealed hermetically around the gimbal etc), but you never know.  

HB

ah - that would make sense!
I may have to glue them both on as they weren't stuck very well to begin with. Either that, or i'll peel them both off and squirt a bit of builders foam inside.  

Thank you for the replies.
2020-11-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume "squirt a bit of builders foam inside" is a joke but just in case it is not, I think that would be unwise, you don't no where it will get to or what it might touch.
If you want the holes covered then new parcel tape or sellotape etc. perhaps.
Be wary of glue, I have a tablet holder that clamps around the controller, I glued some foam to it to prevent scratches and then fitted the holder to the controller to let everything set in position, the glue (fumes?) marked the controller.
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I will remember the camera had some protective plastic sticks on it when it was arrived as new.
For sure the new Mini2 had it on delivery, and if you can peel it of that is correct to do so.

The small black "intake-looking things" shall be there as you could read in the answers you get.
Maybee it was poorly assembled from factory.

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules