can't install APK on Samsung J6 for Mini 2
2073 5 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bavarian_Bish
lvl.1

Germany

...on Samsung  J6 for Mini 2.  I've downloaded, it asks me if i want to install. I say install.....it appears to go thru the routine then at the end says Not Installed.

Anyone suffered the same?

I have tried installing other Apps but they do not see the drone.
error.jpeg
samsung sw info.jpeg
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Bavarian_Bish. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with the DJI Fly app on your mobile device. For us to isolate and check you may try to download this APK file from our official website and check if the issue will persist. ( https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309 ) If in case the issue still persists, can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device (Samsung Galaxy J6) that you are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application, I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy J6 will be able to work on the DJI DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application, but since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guarantee if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference, I will post a link wherein you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
Screenshot_134.jpg
2020-11-22
Use props
Bavarian_Bish
lvl.1

Germany

I've tried that copy, made several downloads, still the same result.   I'm going to look at the Lichi app, to see if that will work.
It's rather annoying that the smartphones are so different and not that smart.  I don't have access to any other smartphones and I'm not going to buy another one.
If anything, I'll return the drone by mail, as I can't get it to fly and get my money back.
Thx
BB
2020-11-22
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately despite the Cortex-A53 Exynos 7870 Octacore processor, the Android system works in 32 bit and has the problem of having only 2GB of RAM. I suffered the same with my J7 Prime, there is even a video on youtube teaching how to update the ROM, but I decided to buy another device, also of low cost, in this case a Motorola G7 plus, which works very well.
Hope this helps...
2020-11-30
Use props
Bavarian_Bish
lvl.1

Germany

Bavarian_Bish Posted at 11-22 01:51
I've tried that copy, made several downloads, still the same result.   I'm going to look at the Lichi app, to see if that will work.
It's rather annoying that the smartphones are so different and not that smart.  I don't have access to any other smartphones and I'm not going to buy another one.
If anything, I'll return the drone by mail, as I can't get it to fly and get my money back.

Thx for the feedback. I've given up with my phone and the Mini 2, sent it back.
With the Black Friday deals I've purchased the Mini combo and a used mobile that is on the list.
Lets see how I get on with that.
2020-12-1
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

You're welcome. I believe this is a good solution. I have a Mavic Mini and I tested the Mini 2 from a friend, as I fly a few distances and I like to take pictures (both are 12MP), I decided to not change the drone, it serves me very well. I wish you good luck.

2020-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules