9203 14 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,I'm thinking of getting the mini 2 but the CE issue worries me. I dont want to be in a situation where I lose signal after few hundred meters.
I'm not in  the USA.
are there 2 versions of the mini 2? one with ce mode and one with fcc mode? how can I know for sure?

Thanks for any help.
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I have only heard that it is only one version of the ocysync remotes, and it change the transmitted power regards on where in the world you are.
(detects it by the GPS and region).

For exampel, if you are in Europe, the transmitted power is reduced to confirm CE-regulation, and if you are in US, the power is increased a little more.

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Don't worry now in any power mode FCC or CE the weak point is the battery!
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I dont have use the new batteries so much yet, but I think so far this new batteries do not keep the drone in the air as long as they should unfortinally.
31 minutes they say, but I'm very curious about that flighttime...
2020-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CE ocysync power level is more than sufficient to fly.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_poWrQD2VexeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2119731 ft
United Kingdom

CE OcuSync 2.0 is more than enough for safe flying. In all honesty there really isn't a need to go further than 1km, regardless of if you're in CE or FCC mode. In my opinion, 1km of SOLID connection is good enough for a tiny drone with no sensors like the mini 2.
2020-11-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll get 6KM in CE - more than enough given the battery won't have enough juice to return from 10KM in FCC anyway
2020-11-22
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I also believe that FCC/CE mode switching is done based on geolocation in the DJI Fly app similar to the Mavic Air 2.  

I ghosted my location to Switzerland on my phone and did a test between the two running the same route straight out back to back.  I got 3.2km in CE and 6.6km in FCC.  I still had 3 signal bars in FCC but turned back due to the battery warning at 63% and the fatigue of my spotters.
The signal on CE dropped out over a community college while in FCC the signal strength dropped but I was able to push through it.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_kZi2jW1n6rGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1001631 ft
Brunei

Hi. May I know if my DJI Mini 2 is CE or FCC mode? Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_2021-06-26-04-06-27-17.jpg
2021-6-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

As long as you have LOS you won't have any problem. DJI drones are the best stock long range quadcopters out there.

I did 6.2Km with the Air2s and about 4Km in the Mini 2 in an area with some interference and not in optimal unobstructed conditions. I could easily break those records if I went to an area free from inteference and took off from the top of a hill.

The main bottleneck of drones, unless you fly an VTOL, will be the battery. VTOL/fixed wing + 4G connection = 80Km+ trips.

In the sub 500 meter VLOS range you'll have perfect connection no matter what you do.

All the controllers are the same, DJI Fly selects FCC/CE depending on your GPS location, there are some software hacks to switch to FCC and some boosted antennas (Alientech) to increase the range without the need of hacks, but it's a bit nonsense. If you want more range, just take off closer to the working area.

Sometimes I travel 1 or 2 Km to the working area, and sometimes I just take off right in the place, it depends on how accesible is to get there. Sometimes 5 minutes of drone flight equals 30 minutes of driving, or sometimes you just cannot access by foot (cliffs, forest, top of the mountains, etc)

I use stock hard and soft btw.
2021-6-25
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

djiuser_kZi2jW1n6rGo Posted at 6-25 12:49
Hi. May I know if my DJI Mini 2 is CE or FCC mode? Thanks in advance.

FCC mode....
2021-6-25
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

It's not permitted to fly out of visual line of sight in EU anyway. Given how small the drone is you can't really see it beyond 400 meters or so.
2021-6-27
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

mini 2 has enough power to fly in vlos, in busy  area's without any problems.
But if you want some more power and want to spent some money, check de DH companion app from drone-hacks which switch the mini2 to FCC power temporary untill you reboot it again.
works on the latest firmware and Flyapp.
When the 1 km line is on -90 db is CE mode, when 1 km is above the -90 db line you are in FCC mode

2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_3eLGSjqN7aV2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430486 ft
Netherlands

rEaX Posted at 2021-6-27 20:04
It's not permitted to fly out of visual line of sight in EU anyway. Given how small the drone is you can't really see it beyond 400 meters or so.

Wow, you say 400 meter or so?!
Only when you have a telescopic eye,
otherwise you are going to have problems,
within the 150m range.
Depending on lightning and all other
weather and surrounding conditions.
2022-9-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put away your drone policing, thats not what the member asked about, using FCC is not all about getting the distance...

Moshe.mmm, I have enabled FCC for all my drones, whilst the Mini 2 isn't bad in CE mode, enabling FCC makes a world of difference, meaning you will have a far stronger signal closer in or further afield.
I do not always use FCC mode, only when i think it will be needed to get around a building or some greenery is in the way, although, its not infallible, LOS will always be better than anything blocking the signal such as buildings and green stuff but as FFC mode is free, you have nothing to lose, unlike my 40 quid i paid  
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules