532 6 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Borisimo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 574948 ft
United States

Hello friends and DJI forum,

I recently had something happen and I don't really know what to do so I'm coming here to ask in hope of answers.

My name is Boris and I'm an industrial design student at RISD. I live on a 6th floor and two weeks ago I was flying my Mavic Mini. I was flying it from my window trying to take some shots of the place around. Very sadly, when I was trying to bring my drone back I couldn't have the drone stable and I couldn't get it through my window like I usually do. The drone fell down and disconnected from the controller so I immediately went down to the main floor to get it. It must've taken me two minutes but when I got there I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere and did not find it. Later I came back to look again and took a closer look to try to figure out what happened. I found a few small pieces that suggested the crash of the drone, but I did not find the rest. My fear is that someone might've taken the rest when it fell and I was on my way down to get it.
I have DJI care so I was hoping to be able to replace it that way, but the only thing I was able to get back was a very few small broken pieces. And I even put posters up but did not hear back about it at all. I'm very upset because I loved that drone and it was the only thing I have really gotten for myself and this hobby.

Can I still be able to get a replacement through my DJI Care with the small pieces? Or what are my options in this case?

The only parts I found :(

The only parts I found :(

Below is some of the work I was able to explore with it. I really hope to be able to replace it somehow so I can keep continuing to explore it even in my education. Any help in how I should proceed with my situation would really help me. I don't really know what to do.

2020-11-21
Use props
Borisimo
lvl.2
United States

Here is also my last flight log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... RE/view?usp=sharing
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the accident, Borisimo. I am sorry that DJI Care Refresh is not able to cover some or all of the DJI product parts that are covered by DJI Care Refresh are lost.
In your case, I suggest that you contact our support via email to start a case, if there is any doubt about the accident, we will help to manage data analysis as long as the drone is under warranty period (within 12 months old), if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2020-11-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This flight data doesn't match your description.
It shows the drone being launched, probably from an upstairs window but ends 12:53 later with the drone in Sport Mode and hovering at about the height of the start point, but 273 feet away across the river in front of a building on Memorial Boulevard.

Here's what it looks like:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/0LKXWESJVWDNV3CAGT11/
2020-11-22
Use props
Borisimo
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-22 00:08
This flight data doesn't match your description.
It shows the drone being launched, probably from an upstairs window but ends 12:53 later with the drone in Sport Mode and hovering at about the height of the start point, but 273 feet away across the river in front of a building on Memorial Boulevard.

That building on Memorial Boulevard is where I launched it from on the sixth floor. I usually got interference within the building so I launched it in altitude mode, and I think it sets a home point during the flight. That same window it was hovering by is where I couldn't get it back since these dorm windows only open slightly. While struggling to get it back through it bumped on the window side and fell right down :/
2020-11-22
Use props
Borisimo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-21 22:10
I am sorry to hear about the accident, Borisimo. I am sorry that DJI Care Refresh is not able to cover some or all of the DJI product parts that are covered by DJI Care Refresh are lost.
In your case, I suggest that you contact our support via email to start a case, if there is any doubt about the accident, we will help to manage data analysis as long as the drone is under warranty period (within 12 months old), if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

ohhh okay, thank you for telling me what options are available. I will contact support and see how they may be able to help me.
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Borisimo Posted at 11-22 17:55
ohhh okay, thank you for telling me what options are available. I will contact support and see how they may be able to help me.

You're welcome, if there is anything I can help with during the service, please feel free to contact me at any time.
2020-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules